JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bought a receiver yesterday, thought with a big gun show in town it would be a couple hours for my "instant" background check. After my info was entered online I was told I was #9 in line, not complaining, I asked how that could be and was asked if I had a concealed permit. I do, and was told that effective May 1st CHL holders are moved ahead of non holders in the line. I was out the door in 5 minutes. Anyone else heard about this?

I had a transaction today, and I was under review almost instantly. In and out in maybe 15 minutes. Fastest ever. And I did not show my CHL.

I haven't heard anything about the CHL myself. My last check a couple weeks ago took maybe 5 minutes, but that was midweek, not the weekend. I think it took the guy longer to enter my info in the computer than the actual BGC.

Less than a month ago I bought a gun... I left and came back hours later. I have a CrappyHandlersLicense, it didn't speed anything up for me except that I'm always set up for further review after that wench filed a false RO against me.

A L-O-N-G time ago when I first got my Oregon CHL---late 80's? Before "Instant check".

There was a waiting period for handguns. IIRC 5 days?
If you had a CHL the wait was waived. Cash and carry.
Glad to see that somebody has pulled their head out and figured that if you have a
CHL you are probably good to go---or at least worth an expedited approval.

Has anyone found anything written in stone about this supposed change in the processing?? Did the legislature do this? If so, why? They hate us. Or was this the State Police making a change internally so they could maybe help clear up the log jam that routinely occurs? I'd just like to know that there is something in writing so we can actually confirm this, rather than go off of hearsay. If it is true, then I'm quite happy about it, though the worst delay I've had to date was less than 30 minutes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top