JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a good thing for those of us with a CHL but i have to wonder how many sales are lost because of someone that doesn't have one and keeps getting kicked down the list. I know this would not go over with me.

I can't imagine how long the wait time would be on black friday or any other high volume sale day.

Anytime an officer runs you through an id check, it's in there. From a drivers license or as the registered owner of a vehicle. Your CHL is linked to you. They recently linked the info and use it to bump you ahead for "instant checks". They (police) have always had the info on you linked.

Anytime an officer runs you through an id check, it's in there. From a drivers license or as the registered owner of a vehicle. Your CHL is linked to you. They recently linked the info and use it to bump you ahead for "instant checks". They (police) have always had the info on you linked.
This is the reason behind all NICS checks running through OSP instead of being direct to the FBI, they record every background check, though they're supposed to be purged after a certain age... I guess nobody thought about the CHL records being permanent, I didn't until now.

Bought a receiver yesterday, thought with a big gun show in town it would be a couple hours for my "instant" background check. After my info was entered online I was told I was #9 in line, not complaining, I asked how that could be and was asked if I had a concealed permit. I do, and was told that effective May 1st CHL holders are moved ahead of non holders in the line. I was out the door in 5 minutes. Anyone else heard about this?
Yes, a couple of weeks ago at Bi-Mart.
The clerk asked if I had a CCL,saying it would be quicker.
She got a call from the "Powers that be" very fast.
She had misspelled my name when she input the info.
She verified the spelling and five minutes later I was done.
Might have been sooner without the typo but still it went pretty fast.
P.S.
Say a prayer for our country.
Thanks.

Yep
Went in for a transfer last week. Passed my CHL and I was "number 7 of 56" right away because of the CHL. Ten minutes later I was out the door.

One of the guys at a pawn shop FFL that I use frequently has said that over the last month Oregon FICS is putting everyone with a CHL to the front of the line with background checks. My last one did go right through in less than a minute which I thought was pretty surprising. Anyone else have that experience?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top