JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last weekend I did a pistol trade with another NWFA member - and the lady at Tigard Pawn 4 More told us that indeed, CHL holders go to the front of the line. She took our CHL info to enter along with the rest and we were approved in very short order.

Just thought I'd bump this thread again as I had an experience selling to a non-CHL holder this week.

We went to Fisherman's in Oregon City. When the buyer went into the queue, they went in at #5. 10 minutes later, still #5. 5 minutes later, #6, then #7. The buyer kept getting pushed back further and further as BGC's for CHL holders kept jumping ahead based on the new rules. Took a full 45 minutes to go from an initial spot of #5 to clear.

So, moral of the story, get your CHL if for nothing more than to save some time. And 2nd, don't sell to non-CHL holders unless you want to wait longer during the transaction ;) Not a huge deal, just something to be aware of.

Of course if everyone ends up getting a CHL, then no one will be jumping to the front of the line...:rolleyes:

I don't have a CHL and I have bought three firearms in Orygun since the BGC went into effect - one last week.

Each time the BGC took just a few minutes, so I guess it depends on whether somebody is actually in line before you.

this is the first 'new' gun 'law' I can agree with, I have purchased two guns recently, virtually instant, I did not need to present my CHL, before this took effect I have waited on occasion as long as 2 hours................
A big Thank you to whom ever proposed this!

I had this confirmed recently myself. FFL said it started a few months ago, they just got a letter from OSP or something about it one day.

It is a clear violation of the 14th amendment as all are not treated equally under the law. It costs money to get a CHL. So special treatment if you pay more to the man.

On a side note I heard that apparently it is a $250 fine if they stop you with more than your current hunting license in your posession.

In recent years, it seemed like the background checks were getting longer and longer. I had a couple that were almost and hour and one that was well over an hour. The last couple transfers I did, however, I showed my CHL per the FFL's request and it was approved nearly instantly. Some states don't even do a background on CHL holders, which would be better, but this is at least a step on the right direction.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top