JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Haven't read the entire thread, but I know these Nazi-era unconstitutional Extreme Risk Protection Orders are the first step to abolishing our Constitution and setting up a fascist police state. Basically, these fascist laws allow the government to decide with their own intuition who should be allowed to possess a gun and who should not and circumvents any due process, civil rights and basically makes our Constitution void and null. These are the same type of Nuremberg type laws used by Nazi government to use racial and political profiling as means to disarm and incarcerate citizens who were considered to be "Extreme Risks" to the state. Yes, Hitler bypassed the rights given to German citizens since he claimed there was a special need to increase the government's power and dissolve the human rights of the specific groups of citizens deemed to be "risks". What will stop the state of Oregon and Washington from tomorrow rounding up all Former Military, Asians, Jews, White People, Black People, Republicans or whoever else the government suddenly deems is an extreme risk to society and needs to be disarmed and silenced. If they can deny you your Second Amendment rights, the First Amendment rights will soon follow. This is the danger of dismissing our Constitution.

Of course, not many will have the guts to stand up to the gestapo when they come with their orders and demand you hand over your guns or you receive a bullet in your head. Yes, according to the law in Washington state, which I have read in its entirety, if you are served an Extreme Risk Protection Order, the police have the right to use lethal force if necessary to acquire your firearms, since you are considered a threat against the state.

My advice to everyone here is to find themselves a good place to store their guns in a state like Montana, Idaho, Nevada that does not have these unconstitutional laws. If SHTF and the police become "Gestapo-ized", then it would be good to know you have firearms in a place that is still under constitutional law. As well, if you can the see the sh*tstorm coming, you may have means to take your firearms and flee the state with them.

I'm still waiting for our honorable president to stand up for our 2nd Amendment rights. As of now, all I see is more and more states striving to abolish the 2nd Amendment and turn law abiding citizens into criminals. I guarantee you in the next four years the state of Oregon and Washington will make owning most guns a crime and many law abiding citizens will be thrown into prisons. It is about time we take action, because when one state goes rogue the fascist machine strives to reach out to other states.

Last Edited:
Apparently if the protective order is granted, then the Respondent has 30 days to petition to have the prohibition lifted, so there is some due process involved. IMO it is jumping through hoops, but not wholly unconstitutional. Not good in terms of the 2A, alone, but ok with the 14th.

Is that before or after they search your house and take your guns? IMO one of the biggest reasons behind laws like this is to get inventories of what people have. It is a high priority for the Bloomberg army.

Apparently if the protective order is granted, then the Respondent has 30 days to petition to have the prohibition lifted, so there is some due process involved. IMO it is jumping through hoops, but not wholly unconstitutional. Not good in terms of the 2A, alone, but ok with the 14th.

Except they take your guns immediately, right? Then you have to prove yourself safe and sane, based on no professional evidence allowed, to a judge that has been prejudiced by previous testimony.

I talked with the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action. They're watching this bill, and if it passes will consider fighting it in court.

Meantime, they're encouraging us to call the Governor and ask her to veto it. I just called, and was able to leave a (nice) message for her.

Senate Bill 719

Here's her number: 503-378-4582

The PDRK has had this gun confiscation law on the books for 3 years now and WA got saddled with it last year, yet, I haven't seen one lawsuit having been filed, by anyone, to overturn them. You would think that at least one gun rights organization would question the constitutionality of taking personal property without due process. I thought that the SAF would have been all over this, guess not.

Then again, maybe they are waiting for this law to creep into a judicial circuit other than the nutty 9th.......... because we all know how that would end.

Ray

I really hope the NRA will help with this Bill. Although They really did not seem to care about helping when sbr 941 was being enacted.
I'm a little confused when I here things like this. From what I understand, it's no longer a bill. The bill was passed and is now headed to the governors desk for signature. That makes it a law. Is there something that I'm missing here that indicates that it's being recalled and not headed to the governors desk?

As for the NRA, they testified at the hearing as did OFF. Not sure what else people expect at this point, but I don't think that they are going to publish the list f politicians they paid off any more than Everytown, Bloomberg, MDA, or any other groups would do.

Here is a video of testimony against this steaming pile.

Nice video...... but nothing new we haven't heard, nor have the antis.
Antis play a broken record and so do we ........when if ever are we going to wake up
and smell the coffee or roses if you prefer. With all due respect to the video personality.
I am sure the Dems were snoring when it was over.....nothing new presented.
And well they also did the same ole same ole and voted regardless of any testimony given.

Back to your regular scheduled programming.

If by "Dems" you mean the antis, then I fully agree. I seem to be losing faith in conservative Oregon voters as I just can't believe the antis outnumber us.

Last Edited:
Nice video...... but nothing new we haven't heard, nor have the antis.
Antis play a broken record and so do we ........when if ever are we going to wake up
and smell the coffee or roses if you prefer. With all due respect to the video personality.
I am sure the Dems were snoring when it was over.....nothing new presented.
And well they also did the same ole same ole and voted regardless of any testimony given.

Back to your regular scheduled programming.
Sorry, I must be a problem with my browser, could you please reload the video of your testimony?

If by "Dems" you mean the antis, then I fully agree. I seem to be losing faith in conservative Oregon voters as I just can't believe the antis outnumber us.
Yes referring to the Anti_Dems , my bad thanks for pointing that out.
Old habits are hard to get over even though I try and preach in the forum unity even I get caught in the word of words . Thanks for calling me on it .:)

I'm a little confused when I here things like this. From what I understand, it's no longer a bill. The bill was passed and is now headed to the governors desk for signature. That makes it a law. Is there something that I'm missing here that indicates that it's being recalled and not headed to the governors desk?

As for the NRA, they testified at the hearing as did OFF. Not sure what else people expect at this point, but I don't think that they are going to publish the list f politicians they paid off any more than Everytown, Bloomberg, MDA, or any other groups would do.

It is not a law until the gov signs it into law. It is still a bill until that happens.

But it is still up to the accused to try and prove they were wrongly accused. Imagine the pain in the a** it would to do so. Court fees ad up quickly.

I had to do that once, about a decade ago, and in a different state. I had a public defender, and we prevailed, so it can be done.

I Just got off the Phone with my Brother the Detective from eugene/retired, he said there is NO way they can bring in sb719 since there is No Due Process , I asked him to take a look at it.
My Brother was on tv quite a bit as spokesman for eugene PD, The ONLY Leo I know that I can trust.

The abuse prevention act restraining orders can kick you out of your house and deprive you of your property without any due process up front. It is a greatly abused act as will be this suicide prevention act, as they call it. You do have a right to contest both types of restraining orders but it takes several days to get a hearing. My question is, especially if you are a person with a lot of guns, what police department has the room to store 30 or 40 guns and ensure their safety. I know the department I worked for would have a difficult time with it.

I worked for several years as a Court Security Deputy and saw the horrible abuse of the Restraining Order process. You would hear the judges say that it was better to error on the side of safety, even if this means removing someone, usually a man, from his home and all of his property except a few personal belongings.

I had to do that once, about a decade ago, and in a different state. I had a public defender, and we prevailed, so it can be done.

Were you awarded compensation for your time and expenses to prove you were wrongly accused and get your rights and property back?

"A person who files a petition for any extreme risk protection order under sections 1 to 8 of this 2017 Act with the intent to harass the respondent, or knowing that the information in the petition is false, is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor"

I don't like this law/ bill but it should be a FELONY to falsely take someones rights/ property by perjuring themselves.

Last Edited:
So let me get this straight, if someone doesn't want to live anymore (for whatever reasons) why make them live in torment? No amount of therapy nor prescription drugs will ever make them truely happy again. If they can't use a gun then they will choose another way to commit suicide, why is it that the gun is so persecuted. I'll tell you why, it's politicians who think that they do good things with good intentions but are totally unconstitutional.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but WTH will this bill actually do to stop suicides? NOT A DARN THING!!!

suicide rate

Japan-26th
USA-48th

So much for limiting access to guns guaranteeing reducing the suicide rate.:rolleyes:
It may effect the method chosen, but not the decision.

(per Wikipedia)

suicide rate

Japan-26th
USA-48th

So much for limiting access to guns guaranteeing reducing the suicide rate.:rolleyes:
It may effect the method chosen, but not the decision.

(per Wikipedia)

Agree. There was another thread with a forum member defending Japan as the perfect culture, but I don't think he understood the societal and social pressure they live under. But more to the point, our highest gun violence rate is in areas with the most severe gun restrictions.

Agree. There was another thread with a forum member defending Japan as the perfect culture, but I don't think he understood the societal and social pressure they live under. But more to the point, our highest gun violence rate is in areas with the most severe gun restrictions.

AND these big cities have been controlled by Democrats for many decades!!!! :eek::eek::eek:
But it's for the children...... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Don't forget that Japan actually pays the price for that societal pressure with a higher suicide rate than the U.S. Suicide forests full of people hanging themselves, jumping off cliffs, self inflicted knife wounds.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads