JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
That's such as well thought out and articulated argument. You sure showed me...

Ummmm...where did I say protective orders cannot be issued as a result of an internet post? You're the one that said that ALL they need is an internet post, which is actually not correct, they don't even need that silly child.

My point was that they need less than that, and most protective orders are a result of domestics, filed by a female against a male, with no evidence other than sworn testimony. Google the statistics before you spout off about something you can't even begin to comprehend. They don't need an internet post to get a protective order against you genius, so NO, YOU are wrong, but keep thinking you are sooo smart bud.:rolleyes:

Tell you what, why don't you post your name and address and I will go tell the court I'm afraid of you and let's see if they really need an internet post to get a restraining order against you smart guy...:rolleyes:
Sounds your meds ran out. Step away from the keyboard, cowboy.
No need to insult me ten times in one post.

Anti-gun bills in Oregon ALWAYS have an emergency clause keeping them from being referred. Anyway, there is no chance a bill like this would be overturned by the voters. On the surface it sounds so "reasonable" and "common-sense" that no appeal to due process and constitutional rights would convince low information vote-by-mailers to overturn this horribly infringing law!

Well folks, time to be extra nice to those nutty leftists who live next door..And.. make sure to give that batbubblegum crazy ex of yours a nice gift on her Birthday.:mad:

And the noose tightens, but thank goodness we have all these pro-gun senators and lobbyist stopping these laws?
Oh wait never mind .............! Remind me of the line from JAWS:
Then you hear that terrible high-pitch screamin', the ocean turns red, and spite of all the poundin' and the hollerin', they all come in and they... rip you to pieces.

This law will be used for revenge I can see now Senators using this against those writing nasty letters to them this will be abused and basically nothing more was done then the same ole fighting kicking and screaming and it still passed.o_O

Good thing I lost all my firearms in a tragic boat accident .

I Just got off the Phone with my Brother the Detective from eugene/retired, he said there is NO way they can bring in sb719 since there is No Due Process , I asked him to take a look at it.
My Brother was on tv quite a bit as spokesman for eugene PD, The ONLY Leo I know that I can trust.

Hopefully there will be law suits over this. Unless there is an ongoing domestic violence investigation, action without due process is troubling. I hope this goes to SCOTUS.

SCOTUS isn't in the business of ruling on gun cases right now, unfortunately. Until Kennedy goes, I doubt they'll be hearing any gun rights cases. And obviously we don't know that they will begin hearing them even then.

So walk on egg shells don't piss anyone off and lock up your guns and don't talk about them or let anyone know you have them! Yep that sounds constitutional as he!!:confused:o_O:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The way I see it, you don't even need to own or have ever owned a gun for this law to be used to abuse someone of their rights. An ex, pissed off employee, angry neighbor, political opponent, police officer, SJW, etc..... could use it to cause repeated searches of your home, business, computer, and probably those of anyone you know......without warrant or probable cause.
There is no provision for restitution for property damage, lost wages, or even you to be home....
.....so enjoy your next out-of-town vacation.
There WILL be charges filed to justify these searches because of any "incidental" finds. Make sure your 14 year old son doesn't have a "collection" of magazines under his mattress or in his computer, or your 17 year old daughter doesn't have a joint stashed in her old Barbie's Dreamhouse abandoned in her closet.

Just try to run for election as a conservative----I dare you!

Anti-gun bills in Oregon ALWAYS have an emergency clause keeping them from being referred. Anyway, there is no chance a bill like this would be overturned by the voters. On the surface it sounds so "reasonable" and "common-sense" that no appeal to due process and constitutional rights would convince low information vote-by-mailers to overturn this horribly infringing law!

I agree. It is being packaged with way too much "feel good" stuffing" to not be upheld in this state. This is the deepest slice yet of the death of a thousand cuts Salem has planned for us. A challenge through the courts seems to be the only answer {but who is going to step up with the money for that}.

The prospect of "revenge complaints" is most troubling. In my reading, I don't remember seeing an immunity provision for reporting complainants, did I miss it ?

Last Edited:
To me, the "law enforcement officer" part is the most scary and most prone to systemic abuse. It seems to me that anything approaching uppity one might say on the internet could be forwarded to or ferreted out by same to then effect this order.. let alone any enforcement officer just saying you got a little too froggy for his taste while he was writing you a ticket.. a he said, he said situation.

"Creates process for obtaining extreme risk protection order prohibiting person from possessing deadly weapon when court finds that person presents risk in near future, including imminent risk, of suicide or causing injury to another person. Establishes procedures for law enforcement officer or family or household member of person to apply for order. Establishes procedures for respondent to request hearing, and for continuance of order after hearing or if hearing is not requested. Establishes procedures for termination and renewal of order.."

Do not ever, ever, ever give your random thoughts of resentment, anger, life-not-worth-living, etc to anyone. Especially a professional as they may feel obliged to forward such to law enforcement. EVER!

So encouraging for mental health risks/concerns in the state. More maladjusts will never be prevented from mass shootings or killing sprees.

Do not ever, ever, ever give your random thoughts of resentment, anger, life-not-worth-living, etc to anyone. Especially a professional as they may feel obliged to forward such to law enforcement. EVER!

So encouraging for mental health risks/concerns in the state. More maladjusts will never be prevented from mass shootings or killing sprees.
Yep, and everything can be interpreted any way anyone wants.
No more can we give our thoughts on happenings of the world or analyze/debate a given subject for fear of being stripped of our rights.

Yep, and everything can be interpreted any way anyone wants.
No more can we give our thoughts on happenings of the world or analyze/debate a given subject for fear of being stripped of our rights.

I had a rough family life and a very rough first marriage. Of course, problems carry into second marriage. VA offers psychiatrist who puts me on meds, then I get transferred into Family Counseling with psychologist. I don't go anymore but do ya think I am at risk of loosing my rights? Hell, anybody on meds should lose their rights. Right?

So I yell at a friend that won't stop bringing up attack politics even tho he knows I'm on the other side of the fence. Am I at risk?

I've yelled at my former boss because I just couldn't take his crap anymore. Do you think I'm at risk?

I lost my temper with the wife a few times and raised my voice. Am I at risk?

One neighbor on the blok thinks I'm weird. Do you think I'm at risk?

I got loud at a political meeting. Am I at risk?

There Have been several threads about this coming. All of these reactionary people that won't do anything to stop it or help get the word out or do anything while it's in the process kill me. This is lazy America

There Have been several threads about this coming. All of these reactionary people that won't do anything to stop it or help get the word out or do anything while it's in the process kill me. This is lazy America

Who dat? As far as I know, this is something that people want. I never misunderestimate the thinking on the left side of the state. And there is no stopping crud like this law IMHO. Where I live I am outvoted by people on the west side of the Cascades EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I wrote my Rep and Senator. They'all voted against the bill. What'd you want me to do, jump up and down and stomp my feet?

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class