Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

EUGENE POLICE OFFICER SHOT YESTERDAY

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by DERGLOCKINMEISTER, Apr 23, 2011.

1. DERGLOCKINMEISTER

DERGLOCKINMEISTER SPRINGFIELD OREGON Member

A Eugene motorcycle officer was attempting to stop a motorist on Hwy 126 yesterday evening and was shot and killed during the chase . The shooter was eventually arrested and awaits three hots and a cot for the rest of her "life" . Too bad ol' smokey isn't in use anymore .

2. Onajoyride

Onajoyride Tigard Member

Wow too bad there wasn't lethal force used by the cops for "resisting arrest" shooting a cop who is just doing his job is just plain dumb. Sure no one likes tickets but shooting a cop wow.

3. Old Hick

Old Hick Oregon Active Member

Prayers go out to the Family and Friends.

Stay Safe.

4. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

5. wiresparker

wiresparker puyallup valley New Member

Damn well not a Lady! A woman or a whatever but not a Lady

6. gaijinsamurai

gaijinsamurai Beaverton Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I went through the police academy in Monmouth at the same time as Chris. Rest in Peace.

I hope the woman gets the death penalty.

7. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

I'll never understand why, but it's hard as heck to sentence a female to death in this country. Apparently gender-neutral mores only apply to the positive aspects of citizenship.

8. rufus

rufus State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

That certainly ain't no lady. What a shame. I wonder what the rest of the story is, why run/shoot like she did? There has to be more to the story.

Death penalty no-brainer. RIP Officer Kilcullen.

9. gaijinsamurai

gaijinsamurai Beaverton Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I'd volunteer to be the executioner, and not lose a wink of sleep over it.

10. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Not being too sure of the law, but doesn't sound like premeditated (1st degree) murder. If convicted, she'll no doubt get life in prison, but I'm not sure if 2nd degree murder (even with the victim being an LEO) meets the requirements for the death penalty under the current system. More's the pity. It should. I have no issue with the death penalty being more widely utilized.

It's been a rough year for police. Here's this year's list...

Honoring Officers Killed in the Year 2011

Rest In Peace...

11. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

The officer is the son of my attorney. If the son was anything like the father he is a very nice and likable person. My heart and prayers go out to the family.

12. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

I think there might be some mental instability issues with the gal.

13. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Meh.

14. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Care to explain?

15. RB87

RB87 Oregon Active Member

The reason would be modern feminsm co-opting chivalry. All animals are equal but some are more equal than others.

16. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

I see where this is headed, before this goes off the deep end guys please keep it respectful, do this officer justice by not making this a Cop vs Citizens thread and keep it about senseless tragedy of Officer Chris Kilcullen.

17. Markjz

Markjz Longview, WA Member

the moral of this story will be guns are bad and turn good little house wives into killers. introducing new gun legislation in 5.. 4.. 3.. 2..

18. joeroket

joeroket Everett,Wa. Active Member

It doesn't have to be premeditated to receive the death penalty. ORS 163.095 defines what aggravated murder is and the killing of a police officer in the line of duty is listed.

(2)(a) The victim was one of the following and the murder was related to the performance of the victim’s official duties in the justice system:
    (A) A police officer as defined in ORS 181.610 (Definitions for ORS 181.610 to 181.712);

Being the son of a Seattle officer killed in the line of duty in 1984 these things really hit close to home. My thoughts go out to his family.

19. DERGLOCKINMEISTER

DERGLOCKINMEISTER SPRINGFIELD OREGON Member

They are already laying the groundwork for an insanity plea . Talk of her "odd " behavior , if you were sorting sawlogs , this one would go to the cull pile for sure .
    Odd or not , there is no place for this type of human in society or in our gene pool .

20. joeroket

joeroket Everett,Wa. Active Member

Insanity pleas in these cases are almost impossible to prove by the defense, remember they have that burden. I am convinced they will try it and drag the case out as long as possible but I am also convinced she will be found competent to stand trial.