JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The best info I can find is that "Final Action" will be in August. I don't know what "Final action" entails, but it sounds sort of final.

Interesting that they use that term. From reading this, the meaning of "Final Action" isn't clear. It could mean that a modified or new proposal is being issued, or it could mean that their proposal is to be admitted for publishing in the Federal Register as a rule. Seems like typical legalese and their way of saying "I can do what I want". I should probably print print one of those permits for myself. :rolleyes:

To be brief, I'll do nothing differently at all until I must. And IF I must, I'll fill out a form 1 as replacing my current upper with like parts for a carbine would cost me more than the stamp anyway. Do I like it? No, I don't. Am I willing to spend a bit of cash to avoid a very large fine and prison time? I am.
There is a very cheap method of getting away from the AR pistol setup: remove brace and install stock.

Theoretically speaking, I think this is the most sensible way of going about things; also theoretically speaking, it is likely going to take some noncompliance/civil disobedience to start regaining our rights in full.

Do the Second Amendment Sanctuary laws exempt FFLs in those States from following Fed regulations?
Truth is Second Amendment Sanctuary laws do nothing and are just another form of virtue signaling
*Might* that change over time? Sure, but today, in the time we are living in, the primacy clause, Article VI, Paragraph 2, still applies.

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.

Your own quote betrays your post!

Truth is Second Amendment Sanctuary laws do nothing and are just another form of virtue signaling
*Might* that change over time? Sure, but today, in the time we are living in, the primacy clause, Article VI, Paragraph 2, still applies.

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.
There are far more constitutional Sheriff's then you might realize, those sheriff's hold absolute power and authority over any/all state and fed LEO! How many of those sheriff's will stand in support of unjust laws, vs how many will stand with the people and tell the state and feds to go pound sand?
Sure, you can say they boast, but when the bullet hits the bone, will they still stand with the people? The answer is: by then, it will be very clear who is who, and what needs to be done about it!

Your own quote betrays your post!

There are far more constitutional Sheriff's then you might realize, those sheriff's hold absolute power and authority over any/all state and fed LEO! How many of those sheriff's will stand in support of unjust laws, vs how many will stand with the people and tell the state and feds to go pound sand?
Sure, you can say they boast, but when the bullet hits the bone, will they still stand with the people? The answer is: by then, it will be very clear who is who, and what needs to be done about it!
I am absolutely familiar with the argument that sheriffs are somehow exempt from or outside the normal rule of law but I have to tell you historically when push comes to shove, sheriffs are going side with government officials above them
I'll have to look it up later but isn't sheriffs having some unique law-enforcement power vested in them that makes them supreme part of the Freeman Movement?

I am absolutely familiar with the argument that sheriffs are somehow exempt from or outside the normal rule of law but I have to tell you historically when push comes to shove, sheriffs are going side with government officials above them
I'll have to look it up later but isn't sheriffs having some unique law-enforcement power vested in them that makes them supreme part of the Freeman Movement?
Part of their powers comes from English Sheriff law, part from American Common Law, which a lot of folks forget exists, and is enforced! The current Enforcement for Profit scam is only lawful if a judge rules it so, otherwise it's NOT! Do t forget, we also have both Admiralty law and Maritime Law, both completely legal and enforceable!

I ordered one if these:

https://www.maximdefense.com/product/gen-7-cqb-pistol-system/

It has a small buttstock so I can use a MS1 QDM sling on it which is all I have now.

6ED424FD-5A13-4692-BCA0-F8BBB306EC1E.jpeg D4819DC1-3B7E-4547-98C4-BE6270EDA2E0.jpeg

Last Edited:
Part of their powers comes from English Sheriff law, part from American Common Law, which a lot of folks forget exists, and is enforced! The current Enforcement for Profit scam is only lawful if a judge rules it so, otherwise it's NOT! Do t forget, we also have both Admiralty law and Maritime Law, both completely legal and enforceable!
Admiralty law and maritime law only applies to maritime activities.

I plan to not change much. I have one currently configured as a pistol that I will pull the brace off when I must. It has a red dot/magnifier on it. But I also have an SBR'd lower and if I feel so inclined to shoulder it, I will just drop it on to that lower.

I also have a baseplate with a qd mount that I can run as forward pressure against a sling to stabilize.

Quote;
Don't comply. They have infringed upon our God given second amendment rights since 1934, what have they given us in return?

Bumper sticker stuff like this "sounds great". In the real world it does nothing. Remember two weeks to flatten the curve? Years later people are still willing to be told what they can and can't do and line up to take it. The way to defeat stupid laws will never be ignore them as it will not work. During the great lock down Police were arresting people for walking down a beach, because they were told to. Anyone who chooses to keep a gun that is made illegal is just playing the odds. They "may" get away with it, they may ruin their life. Often the people saying "they will not comply" are the same people telling anyone who will listen to not vote. Only one thing will change this, voting well.

Quote;
Don't comply. They have infringed upon our God given second amendment rights since 1934, what have they given us in return?

Bumper sticker stuff like this "sounds great". In the real world it does nothing. Remember two weeks to flatten the curve? Years later people are still willing to be told what they can and can't do and line up to take it. The way to defeat stupid laws will never be ignore them as it will not work. During the great lock down Police were arresting people for walking down a beach, because they were told to. Anyone who chooses to keep a gun that is made illegal is just playing the odds. They "may" get away with it, they may ruin their life. Often the people saying "they will not comply" are the same people telling anyone who will listen to not vote. Only one thing will change this, voting well.
I don't think voting is that effective. Most politicians know how to manipulate votes to get their desired out come.

If someone found irrefutable evidence that the government has been tampering with votes for the past 100 years it wouldn't surprise me at all. Their reply would be, yup, sorry. And then they would insist every vote going forward would be legitimate.

I don't think voting is that effective. Most politicians know how to manipulate votes to get their desired out come.

If someone found irrefutable evidence that the government has been tampering with votes for the past 100 years it wouldn't surprise me at all. Their reply would be, yup, sorry. And then they would insist every vote going forward would be legitimate.
You are not alone, do not vote. This will make it all better by ignoring it, just tell anyone you can get to listen to do the same and we will soon have utopia. :s0092:

I wish that voting alone would bring about changes in 2A laws and attitudes, but it doesn't seem to be working here in Oregon and Washington. I believe that we've been somewhat effective when we've emailed and called committee members when they are making decisions on bills. It hasn't stopped everything but it has stopped some bills from making it to the floor.

If we don't let our legislators know that we are oppose more gun control, and how existing laws have not stopped mad men from committing murder, then we aren't letting our voices be heard. It's work and it doesn't always help, but it's part of fighting the battle.

In Oregon, we're looking at an odd year, 160 day session next year. Committees are now working on bills for submission and you can bet we're most likely looking at more egregious anti 2A legislation "for the children". Emotions are still running high and there is a strong urge to do something, even if it's wrong or means absolutely nothing. We're not winning bubblegum by screaming about gold fringes.

I don't have the answers, but I do know that doing nothing but complaining on an internet forum doesn't change anything. We have to be active with writing ALL legislators on both sides of the aisle and in both the house and senate. We're still in the minority and that isn't going to change, but that doesn't mean we should sink to bumper sticker slogans as our way of being heard.

It seems to me that they are trying to force people towards the SBR route, I guess the Gov is not making enough money on the pistol braces.
Force people when they have no power to do that but rather spew the propoganda so it is regurgitated over and over in our community with the intended result of just wearing them down to the point they say screw it, since it is already in my possession I might as well register my firearms with dot gov….all the while chanting, 'from my cold dead hands' in other comment sections, but hey, as Hillary said:

5AC55ED5-C79C-4ADE-B3EF-265DBC855468.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads