JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Truth is Second Amendment Sanctuary laws do nothing and are just another form of virtue signaling
*Might* that change over time? Sure, but today, in the time we are living in, the primacy clause, Article VI, Paragraph 2, still applies.

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.
Never heard of Sanctuary Cities, I take it?

Never heard of Sanctuary Cities, I take it?
So tell me, what does being a "Sanctuary City" mean? Is it:

A: Federal Laws do not apply
B: Federal Laws apply but local LEO will never actively assist Fed LEO on "Sanctuary" issues
C: Federal Laws apply and local LEO's will block Fed LEO's from enforcing fed Laws regarding "Sanctuary" issues
or
D: In actual practice they mean bubkis and are only a PR stunt and voter enticement

While you are pondering that, here are some stories to kill some time

So tell me, what does being a "Sanctuary City" mean? Is it:

A: Federal Laws do not apply
B: Federal Laws apply but local LEO will never actively assist Fed LEO on "Sanctuary" issues
C: Federal Laws apply and local LEO's will block Fed LEO's from enforcing fed Laws regarding "Sanctuary" issues
or
D: In actual practice they mean bubkis and are only a PR stunt and voter enticement

While you are pondering that, here are some stories to kill some time

I actually think in this specific scenario, a Second Amendment sanctuary would have more teeth if it ever came to a court case.

Considering the primacy clause in the Constitution, it is quite a stretch that a non-elected government agency's letters and "rules" constitute an actual law (which traditionally would imply something passed by Congress).

Obviously the current status quo treats ATF rulings as though it were legislation, so it would be nice if a court case came out of a conflict between the ATF and a sanctuary city. With the current structure of the Supreme Court, I think there is a solid chance that we could see a favorable ruling that would theoretically limit the "legislative" power of government agencies, while also expanding 2A protections.

You'd like to think, but I suspect you are wrong. People like to talk tough about "ain't taking my guns" and I won't comply, but a law as simple as a Governor making an "emergency" law that makes you tell them every time you buy, sell or trade a gun, and all that goes out the window. "well its the law, gotta follow it".... If they want to come and take our guns, there will be no fight, 95% of gun owners will be first in line to turn in or get rid of anything that becomes illegal overnight.
That still leaves 5% of us...largest standing army in the world, hands down, if we could get our act together.

Does the AFT have a section explaining how all those multiple thousands of legally manufactured "pistols" such as, say, the M&P 15-22 Pistol Length .22 rimfire are now going to be illegal SBRs? Not some scary ghostgunkitmadeinmomsbasement, but legally manufactured, distributed and sold to legal buyers who were APPROVED via FBI background checks to purchase said firearms?

Does the AFT have a section explaining how all those multiple thousands of legally manufactured "pistols" such as, say, the M&P 15-22 Pistol Length .22 rimfire are now going to be illegal SBRs? Not some scary ghostgunkitmadeinmomsbasement, but legally manufactured, distributed and sold to legal buyers who were APPROVED via FBI background checks to purchase said firearms?
The owners of the firearms you mentioned will be able to fix the problem by removing the brace. Maybe the companies that sold the brace equipped firearms will reimburse the owners with a credit to offset the value of the brace?

The owners of the firearms you mentioned will be able to fix the problem by removing the brace. Maybe the companies that sold the brace equipped firearms will reimburse the owners with a credit to offset the value of the brace?
I'm sure they'll give you credit for any brace you purchased from them. Maybe the government will issue a tax credit for every one you turn in.:s0140:

Not sure why "dog ownership" is included on the form...o_O

UIlol.png

;):D

isn't "pistol" and "brace" in this context just a legal work-a-round?
7.5_pistol_Sba3_gpx.jpg
(labelled as 7.5 Pistol with SBA3 Brace)

sorry for my ignorance, but to my eyes, that's a rifle and that's a stock.

What's really the difference between that and this?
rifle.JPG

View attachment 1226266

View attachment 1226267

Differences…
1: the intended designs.
2: comfort, I do not find braces comfortable to shoulder. I cheek rest mine.
3: stocks are more adaptable.
4: stocks don't have a place to rest your arm.

I would saw something like the KAK Shockwave is closer to a real stock than the one pictured, it doesn't really have a place to rest your arm, but still 1-3 apply.

View attachment 1226266

View attachment 1226267
One is designed to be used with one hand, the other is not. Just like sniffing glue, because it is designed for one thing doesn't mean it will not be used for something unintentional. If you saw those side by side in person or in use, it might make more sense.

Granted, the profile view and all black color doesn't help, but you illustrate one of the reasons the ignorant get so many things wrong when it comes to firearms.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top