JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When they do make the rule change the verbiage will be so confusing and they will be able to interpret it anyway they want. They just need to make it white and black wording and no point system.

I think the proposed changes just give me more incentive to throw an actual stock on, instead of compromising with a pistol brace.
I try my best to abide by the rules and do my best to keep up with any rule changes but this is getting nuts.

Even the rule changes have loop holes so they can make changes at will, making me a felon any time they want to.

Its hard to be law abiding!

The final ruling has not come out as of yet and as with the Receiver ruling, I am sure things will change somewhat from the proposed ruling but to what extent I do not know.

I do not think we will see the ruling until after the Supreme Court comes out with the several 2A rulings on mags and what scrutiny has to be used. That will be by the middle of July then the feds will look at that and adjust the ruling to stop lawsuits but that's just my opinion.

Now I was into AR pistols before braces where a thing and I will be after the ruling;

It looks like the one change that could affect me, is if I remember right, you would now have to use a pistol buffer tube only.

Before I used an A1 rifle buffer and tube as it was a bit longer and easier to utilize.

But for now, I will keep my stuff and pull the braces off if needed and wait for the lawsuits to happen and see what the outcome will be.

They cannot ban owning braces, just being able to use on a pistol because if they say they are now considered stocks then I could put them on any rifle so why get rid of them.

If they say they are not stocks then it defeats their purpose of saying they can not be put on a pistol as they just admitted they weren't a stock.

I am willing to wait and see how it plays out.
"It looks like the one change that could affect me, is if I remember right, you would now have to use a pistol buffer tube only.

Before I used an A1 rifle buffer and tube as it was a bit longer and easier to utilize. "

A1 tubes should be fine, I intend to run something similiar so I can run dual carbine buffers. I have not seen anything in the new rule that restricts extension tubes as long as no brace is attached to the tube.

Maybe the feds are right and the braces were designed to aid in shouldering of the pistols. I think I will hold off on buying any more AR short barrels until closer to the effective date of the new rules. Prices might come way down if retailers are expecting AR pistol sales to crater. I am wanting to add a few more to my stable including some AR10 shorties.

Edit: It's probably unlikely SBR sales will pick up enough to cover lost sales of pistols.
The real 2A supporters will probably stock pile then and pick up cheap deals when people off load them lol

The real 2A supporters will probably stock pile then and pick up cheap deals when people off load them lol
I can wait if it will save me some dough. The brace rule won't impact my usage of AR pistols. I am treating the AR pistols like a Ruger Charger, a Contender pistol or other rifle caliber handgun. The brace isn't a necessary component when using them like that.

A1 tubes should be fine, I intend to run something similiar so I can run dual carbine buffers. I have not seen anything in the new rule that restricts extension tubes as long as no brace is attached to the tube.
That could be considered an "Extended AR-type Buffer Tube" and will garner 2 points.

That could be considered an "Extended AR-type Buffer Tube" and will garner 2 points.
As I understand it, the point system only comes into play if you have an accessory (brace) attached to the extension tube. AR pistols with bare extension tubes would not be subject to the scoring system. They would be treated just like any other handgun.

Note the descriptive title for form 4999.

FACTORING CRITERIA FOR RIFLED BARREL WEAPONS WITH
ACCESSORIES* commonly referred to as "STABILIZING BRACES"

As I understand it, the point system only comes into play if you have an accessory (brace) attached to the extension tube. AR pistols with bare extension tubes would not be subject to the scoring system. They would be treated just like any other handgun.

Note the descriptive title for form 4999.

FACTORING CRITERIA FOR RIFLED BARREL WEAPONS WITH
ACCESSORIES* commonly referred to as "STABILIZING BRACES"
🤔 You're right.

It's a milspec standard tube nothing extended about it.
ar15-carbine-medium-rifle-length-buffer-tubes-compared.jpg

I can wait if it will save me some dough. The brace rule won't impact my usage of AR pistols. I am treating the AR pistols like a Ruger Charger, a Contender pistol or other rifle caliber handgun. The brace isn't a necessary component when using them like that.
Yep it will hurt a lot of other platforms as well. Right now online every place has braces on sale trying to off load them before something happens.

I try my best to abide by the rules and do my best to keep up with any rule changes but this is getting nuts.

Even the rule changes have loop holes so they can make changes at will, making me a felon any time they want to.

Its hard to be law abiding!
This is the idea, same as cutting off the supply of ammo, just as is the clamping down on rogue FFL's, just like every other piecemeal rule and law that is solely designed to further curtail our ability to have access to firearms.... This is the game plan for the antis and the complicit members of our govt...

Thats exactly what Id do if I played by the new rules. Id take the brace off and put a foam cover over the tube.
See this?

Who's going to enforce this if it goes through? I doubt the gun clubs will be willing to to act as law enforcement or snitches and local LEO doesn't have time for this nonsense. I suspect it'll be an add on to any other charges and will be negotiated away.

Who's going to enforce this if it goes through? I doubt the gun clubs will be willing to to act as law enforcement or snitches and local LEO doesn't have time for this nonsense. I suspect it'll be an add on to any other charges and will be negotiated away.
The WA atty addresses that in the second video linked in original post. It will mostly impact FFLs and manufactures. You won't want to get caught with one in anti gun county though.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top