JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Who's going to enforce this if it goes through? I doubt the gun clubs will be willing to to act as law enforcement or snitches and local LEO doesn't have time for this nonsense. I suspect it'll be an add on to any other charges and will be negotiated away.
well technically local LEO cant do anything about it. it will be a NFA item and falls under federal guidlines Right? so local LEOs cant touch your firearm they would have to call in the feds?

This will likely put an end to the silly brace rule, as well as any of the other ridiculousness the ATF has invented recently. Of course, it DOES require someone to sue them outright and someone has to enforce the ruling as well. History shows us how well that turned out for the Cherokee.

See this?

I LOVE American ingenuity. People will jusy keep inventing stuff and changing the wording and "on-paper" use to defeat this nonsense. This mag carrier reminds me of the flux and recover tactical angled mag carrier that "looks" like a vertical grip.

This will likely put an end to the silly brace rule, as well as any of the other ridiculousness the ATF has invented recently. Of course, it DOES require someone to sue them outright and someone has to enforce the ruling as well. History shows us how well that turned out for the Cherokee.

I hope so. There is a reason all of the judges voted in the same way on this. I don't know what they are up to but it smells fishy.

I hope so. There is a reason all of the judges voted in the same way on this. I don't know what they are up to but it smells fishy.
Shot across the bow to all federal judges and the executive just like with Roe (assuming it goes the way the leaked memo shows). I think behind the scenes, the SCOTUS justices have had a conversation about legislating from the bench and they're done with it. That's what happens when we get Originalists as a majority.

To be brief, I'll do nothing differently at all until I must. And IF I must, I'll fill out a form 1 as replacing my current upper with like parts for a carbine would cost me more than the stamp anyway. Do I like it? No, I don't. Am I willing to spend a bit of cash to avoid a very large fine and prison time? I am.

Shot across the bow to all federal judges and the executive just like with Roe (assuming it goes the way the leaked memo shows). I think behind the scenes, the SCOTUS justices have had a conversation about legislating from the bench and they're done with it. That's what happens when we get Originalists as a majority.
You are more optimistic than but that will be great if that is the reason the minority agreed with the decision.

To be brief, I'll do nothing differently at all until I must. And IF I must, I'll fill out a form 1 as replacing my current upper with like parts for a carbine would cost me more than the stamp anyway. Do I like it? No, I don't. Am I willing to spend a bit of cash to avoid a very large fine and prison time? I am.
I haven't had the desire to SBR any of my other handguns and probably won't do it for the AR pistol either.

I wasn't aware that the final rule had been published. Have you seen it?
The best info I can find is that "Final Action" will be in August. I don't know what "Final action" entails, but it sounds sort of final.

So all of those perfectly legal pistols manufactured and sold by companies like S&W will now become illegal because some other human who believes they have a higher moral authority over the lives and property of others, says so? Cool.
Welcome to the US government. They know what's best for you despite your opinion or any facts that are controversial to what they are doing. Ya America.

See this?

That's what I have on my pistol. It's not a brace. It's a spare Mag holder.

That's what I have on my pistol. It's not a brace. It's a spare Mag holder.
Maybe it will fly, maybe it won't. We will only know if AR pistol manufactures include it on pistols they retail and the ATF leaves them alone. I am guessing we won't see a ton of manufactures adopting this.

To me it appears to add surface area that might make it more comfortable to shoulder compared to bare ext tube.

1655757240511.png

Even if Pistol braces were 100% illegal I would still own AR pistols. Actually, I only have 1 and probably will always only own 1. My issue with no brace is how it will effect my CZ EVO pistol. Time to get a laser and hip fire I guess.

I decided I won't ever SBR either. Right now I can toss them in a backpack loaded and CC. If they were SBRs I don't think I can carry them around legally.

Maybe it will fly, maybe it won't. We will only know if AR pistol manufactures include it on pistols they retail and the ATF leaves them alone. I am guessing we won't see a ton of manufactures adopting this.

To me it appears to add surface area that might make it more comfortable to shoulder compared to bare ext tube.

View attachment 1225562
It could depending on how they write the final law. You could add another hole and slide it forward. It's not any more comfortable to shoulder than a straight tube. That lower part doesn't touch your chest. At least not for me.

Even if Pistol braces were 100% illegal I would still own AR pistols. Actually, I only have 1 and probably will always only own 1. My issue with no brace is how it will effect my CZ EVO pistol. Time to get a laser and hip fire I guess.

I decided I won't ever SBR either. Right now I can toss them in a backpack loaded and CC. If they were SBRs I don't think I can carry them around legally.
It seems to me that they are trying to force people towards the SBR route, I guess the Gov is not making enough money on the pistol braces.

It's my understanding that SCOTUS is flat out done with Chevron Deference as a legal mechanism for Fed agencies to claim, and that SCOTUS is going to force those agencies to seek Congressional law making to settle specific details, basically neutering the AFT and it's "Rules" basically disavowing them from deviating from their core mandates! If it's NOT specific to the NFA and clearly defined rules, it doesn't fly!

This is not a final ruling, BUT, it's a shot across the bow and these fed agencies are run amook and are about to be reigned in!

Stay tuned for the first 2nd case, N.Y. v Albany, that should be a slam dunk for us, and a serious hit to the Wet Coast including Hawaii and it's anti 2nd scams!

Who's going to enforce this if it goes through? I doubt the gun clubs will be willing to to act as law enforcement or snitches and local LEO doesn't have time for this nonsense. I suspect it'll be an add on to any other charges and will be negotiated away.
You'd like to think, but I suspect you are wrong. People like to talk tough about "ain't taking my guns" and I won't comply, but a law as simple as a Governor making an "emergency" law that makes you tell them every time you buy, sell or trade a gun, and all that goes out the window. "well its the law, gotta follow it".... If they want to come and take our guns, there will be no fight, 95% of gun owners will be first in line to turn in or get rid of anything that becomes illegal overnight.

It's my understanding that SCOTUS is flat out done with Chevron Deference as a legal mechanism for Fed agencies to claim, and that SCOTUS is going to force those agencies to seek Congressional law making to settle specific details, basically neutering the AFT and it's "Rules" basically disavowing them from deviating from their core mandates! If it's NOT specific to the NFA and clearly defined rules, it doesn't fly!

Let's all hope ot happens that way. They tried to over turn the bump stock ban hopefully they keep rolling

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads