JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I saw an ad for something called 'End Family Fire' where a boy was interrogating his father about him owning a gun, its location and where the ammo was.
Apparently something promoting safe gun storage.
Anyway it was a new one on me.

Wasn't there a video about locking up guns that involved a couple of kids finding their moms "massage toy" and then playing with it out in the yard in front of the neighbors?

YES! I hate that commercial.

Here's a fun fact, they had someone from the group that made it on Tom Gresham's gun talk and she lied about the age of the "children" used in the stats.

A listener said he already called them on the stat and they admitted to him they did use older "children" I believe the max age was 19yo and they explained it was because they still lived at home and had access to their parents firearm.

He was encouraging people to call in because it was obviously political and thus not something to be pushed as an ad council kind of thing and he felt we could get it taken off the air if we questioned it.

I also don't like the a hunting we will go song they play along with it, are they trying to appeal to people that hunt?

It annoyed me so bad at first I challenged it by researching with the CDC stat they claim to be using... It was obviously inflated as even when combined with drugs it was way higher then any data I could find. I'm glad that caller called in about the age range because it was driving me nuts trying to figure out how they got such a high number.

Yes teenage gang bangers are included in it.

One more last thing to add since you hit one of my pet peeves... Another thing mentioned is that death in combat will soon be used in gun death statistics by the CDC so....expect that to be used against us soon.

Last Edited:
Hello,

I have seen a bunch of them.

I do not know if I have seen the EXACT one that you mentioned in the OP though. But I have seen ones close to what you described.

Federal ads, Montana ads and from all of the various gun control/people control groups from A to Z.

They seem to be on the boob tube more often. They have them on our radio stations too. So called 'conservative stations' too.

Take care.

Cate

I detest the video posted above. So many parenting fails.

Not to mention they live in a split level home, With above average income to afford it, then the teacher to student ratio being so low, we know this has to be a well off school or a private school.

CBA1250A-616D-4FBB-BC12-BC7509F24D24.png

If one of my children did that, I'd let it ride with theft of a firearm. Nobody is above the law here.

When my youngest was about 8 he received a BB gun and wanted me to keep it in the safe so there wasn't any temptations to do wrong with it.

Never heard of this until now. But I hardly watch news, and mute commercials while watching other stuff.

What are the thoughts on this.....

Sure seems a lot tamer than other rabid anti 2nd stuff. But, I think most of this should be common sense anyway. You know, keeping your fire arms secured, away from your kids, and friends they may have at the house? And education at a young age?

More, "Heart String" propaganda.
Personally I found the ad to take a 'creepy' direction - especially when the cam started moving in on the kid and the weird, 'iconic' horror movie/tension music in the background and the fathers eyes widening like he was revealed as guilty of some heinous crime.

YES! I hate that commercial.

Here's a fun fact, they had someone from the group that made it on Tom Gresham's gun talk and she lied about the age of the "children" used in the stats.

A listener said he already called them on the stat and they admitted to him they did use older "children" I believe the max age was 19yo and they explained it was because they still lived at home and had access to their parents firearm.

He was encouraging people to call in because it was obviously political and thus not something to be pushed as an ad council kind of thing and he felt we could get it taken off the air if we questioned it.

I also don't like the a hunting we will go song they play along with it, are they trying to appeal to people that hunt?

It annoyed me so bad at first I challenged it by researching with the CDC stat they claim to be using... It was obviously inflated as even when combined with drugs it was way higher then any data I could find. I'm glad that caller called in about the age range because it was driving me nuts trying to figure out how they got such a high number.

Yes teenage gang bangers are included in it.

One more last thing to add since you hit one of my pet peeves... Another thing mentioned is that death in combat will soon be used in gun death statistics by the CDC so....expect that to be used against us soon.

So they can count the 30 year old that still lives in mom's basement :rolleyes:

I feel I should clarify "call in". It was Tom's opinion that the ad is political and therefore does not qualify as an ad council message. So he urged people to call in to the station airing it to complain feeling we could get them taken down.

Here is the one I saw:

Will this "REACH" morons that leave/keep their their guns in the bedside table 24/7? The ones that leave their carry gun in their purse on the back seat next to their 3 YO in the car seat? I like to think that firearms owners have a higher degree of common sense in them. But we see we some pretty dumb stuff from gun owners. This commercial showed a dad, (one of the dumb gun owners?) having an epiphany moment. It wasn't saying guns are bad, or gun owners are would be killer. It was a little weird that the kid was so up on stats? I don't see this one as bad at all. The other one? where the kid steals his dads gun? Common anti 2nd garbage! :mad:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads