JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Judge is from New York and most likely familiar with New York's historic Sullivan Law that prohibited law abiding citizens from lawful concealed.
Hopefully she notices that Measure 114 in way shape or form meets the text, history, and tradition test of the second amendment as put forth by SCOTUS in the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Inc. v. Bruen decision. (and Measure 114 violates the Heller decision as well).

I don't own even ONE 10 round mag. My G48 rocks the Shield Arms 15 rounders.....that I traded my factory 10 rounders for a couple years ago. :D
I have exactly one G19 ten round mag that I traded with my dad years ago for a used 10/22 stock that I had no use for because I knew I was going to California and wanted to keep it in the gun. I colored the "G" on the base plate with a silver Sharpie for easy ID, I still have it around somewhere. All my other 10 round mags are for my G26.

I am realistic by nature. I have made contributions to OFF, FPC, SAF and have only seen OFF filing anything.

This thing will stand and Oregon will go gunless to the law abiding sheep.
First to file may not mean much. Effectiveness is the only thing that counts. If the others are coordinating and getting a strong attack together to be launched at the right time (such as after law goes into effect) then I'm all for it. The problem is we are all in the dark because no info is going out about what they are doing so it appears they are doing nothing. If it was down the road and they are still doing nothing then yea by all means I would be pissed at them.

I do wonder if a fast filing that is poorly done may do more damage than good? Not sure on that. Need someone with legal background to tell us I suppose.

It seems to me we need effective, extremely well written arguments that will work. I haven't read all the OFF docs, have only seen snippets in news articles. I was not impressed by what I saw fwiw.

Kind of like desert storm, US and coalition had the right strategy, excellent coordination, executed in the right order/right time by skilled and effective forces, and it was unbelievably effective. Hopefully they are doing this kind of well thought out coordinated attack to avoid duplication and allow each group to focus on their piece. But again we don't know anything they are doing (to not say anything is the nature of legal stuff unfortunately so I guess we won't know anything until they file?).

Last Edited:
All that doesn't change these groups need money. We are fighting against our own tax money to have our rights acknowledged. The Left continued for decades so are we supposed to stop funding our battles just because some other group has a better strategy? Better keep dropping off that spare change to let everyone know enough gun owners aren't push overs. We have to fight with what we have now.

Lets say 114 were to go into effect - I'm a licensed conceal carry in Oregon (but a Washington resident), if I conceal, say a Hellcat, with 13 rounds, am I all of a sudden breaking the law while out and about in Oregon???

Lets say 114 were to go into effect - I'm a licensed conceal carry in Oregon (but a Washington resident), if I conceal, say a Hellcat, with 13 rounds, am I all of a sudden breaking the law while out and about in Oregon???
Correct me if I am wrong but I think residents of other states can't bring mags over 10 rounds into WA anymore either.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think residents of other states can't bring mags over 10 rounds into WA anymore either.
Well, the text from the law says:
"The legislature intends to limit the prospective sale of large capacity magazines, while allowing existing legal owners to retain the large capacity magazines they currently own."

I believe 5078 only prevents the manufacture, importation, distribution, selling and offering for sale of rifle and pistol magazines that hold more than 10 rounds.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top