JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will let the experts handle it, I think the testimony should probably come from FFLs who's immediate business is most at risk. I have personally saw what a mess these FFLs are dealing with. If OSP halts background checks on Dec 8th the FFLs are going to be stuck with an unbelievable mess and have to reckon with a lot of unhappy customers who want their firearms.
If the law goes into effect on the 8th then you can't transfer the gun to a purchaser after the 8th without the required, but non-existent permit. All sales and transfers will come to a halt on the 8th.

If injunction is granted. will you be ordering, buying, selling or otherwise transferring something you wouldn't be doing otherwise?
Not sure. I've been thinking about a carry gun with an optics cut but it's not a big priority. What I really want to do is get some engraving done on a no logo lower that I've had for a couple of years. That has nothing to do with 114 except making sure Coat of Arms in Keizer can still get it done. It's pretty specific engraving and the artwork isn't readily available, so want to get that done sooner rather than later.

Can't help but wonder if the state is going push implementation back to some random date in the future so they can try and get the lawsuits tossed on the grounds that they are (at that point) moot

Not that that worked for N.Y., but 🤔

It will be interesting to see if the State puts up a big fight against this or just lets the judge slap a temporary injunction on it. It would give them a good opportunity to figure out how they are going to implement this BS , while blaming the judge for going against the will of the slim majority.
Given that the state attorney general is a radical left wing feminist (among other things) I expect her to fight it every step of the way. I doubt if she is at all concerned about implementation. Resistance is just a knee jerk reaction with that type.

What will be illuminated will be the supporters of 114, their attorney representatives and the defenders of ballot measure both in and out of court will be those that appear to likely want to destroy the constitution? Seem clear to some that is the case.

How soon could we expect the judge to make a decision on injunction after the hearing date?
A few days to a week, if it would be issued. Perhaps a bit longer if it were denied.

Remember, a preliminary injunction is not the conclusion of the case, so getting or not getting one, while significant, is not the 'win' or 'loss' of the suit.

A few days to a week, if it would be issued. Perhaps a bit longer if it were denied.

Remember, an injunction is not the conclusion of the case, so getting or not getting one, while significant, is not the 'win' or 'loss' of the suit.
I am thinking about requesting a PTO day at my job and volunteering at FFL on Dec 7th if injunction is not granted. Dec 7th will likely be an extremely busy day for FFLs if injunction is not granted.

I actually have 3 guns I want to sell, been meaning to for a while now, and since i procrastinated, now look.......guess i have no choice but to wait and see....
This is why I sold several pieces before the election. Unless one sells to out of state buyers, statewide the firearms market is stone cold dead after Dec 8. First no permit system and then probably the better part of a year or more to build up enough of a customer base with permits.

I am thinking about requesting a PTO day at my job and volunteering at FFL on Dec 7th if injunction is not granted. Dec 7th will likely be an extremely busy day for FFLs if injunction is not granted.
If an injunction isnt granted by then, you'll likely see no business at all by the 7th. And I doubt many FFLs will take "volunteers" especially at a time like this.

If an injunction isnt granted by then, you'll likely see no business at all by the 7th. And I doubt many FFLs will take "volunteers" especially at a time like this.
I predict mayhem all the way up to the 7th, with people trying to pick up their no response released firearms. If no injunction is granted, the pawn shop will no longer be allowed to do no response releases, once the clock strikes midnight.

I predict mayhem all the way up to the 7th, with people trying to pick up their no response released firearms. If no injunction is granted, the pawn shop will no longer be allowed to do no response releases, once the clock strikes midnight.
You could be right. But I doubt any FFL is going to take volunteers especially during the craziest time of their business.

At least one lawyer thinks we might get a favorable legal result:
In any event, the lawsuit asserts that the effect of Measure 114 violates various state and federal constitutional provisions. As applied to the so-called large magazine provision, the challengers are correct.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top