JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks for the review. I've considered them before. My generator is an RV model and everything fits together just-so. How thick is the plate that goes in front of the carburetor? I'm concerned it will shift the intake housing too far and interfere with other stuff.
A valid concern. The venturi is pretty thick. Over an inch. I had to cut the upright frame bar on mine to allow clearance for the air cleaner. Plastic caps were included for the bar ends.

Propane is much more dangerous than natural gas, but stores forever. Be sure the propane storage is away from buildings and/or basements. When propane is mixed with air to the right mixture it is more explosive than TNT.
Propane is not more dangerous than natural gas as I worked on propane converted engines for 23 years.

If its winter and cold outside open the freezer door.

We keep about 20 gallons of Ice in ours in the 25 years we have lived here the longest we have been without electricity is 30 hours. And if we don't open the freezer its a huge ICE box with all that ICE in it. Low cost short term.

Converting from natural gas to propane is going require a different size orifice for feeding the different gases to the unit, as each has a different burn rate.
Wile setting up whole house generators, I have changed them in the field in a matter of minutes. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe Propane burns hotter than Natural gas.

Oh and by the way thanks for your post jc9995 that Honda ei2000 is my next consideration due to it's low fuel consumption and I will be looking into the propane adapter you have posted. I had no Idea it was made available, my hope is it will produce enough torque to run the machine at it's full potential.
Thanks
Silver Hand

According to the warning markers I find in my near-by woods there is a natural gas line about 2 miles from me but No-One in my community has NG, it is not available so we use Propane. The Jets in a NG set-up are easily drilled out to Propane diameter using a wire gauge drill, the info is on-line, it aint rocket science, and a hand drill will suffice.
The beuty of propane is that you buy it, it's yours and cannot be shut off.
I use 11 gallons a year cooking for ONE. If the family gets invoulved,,,50-100 gallons is average. I have a 150 gallon tank from 1999 even w/ two cooking/canning ect. I've never run it dry

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top