JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You're just the epitome of lucency, aren't you?

Ok, lemme spell this out. Feel free to correct me on any of these points, when I'm misrepresenting what you so fuzzily "mean."

You disagree that people should be allowed to lawfully carry (after passing background checks, et al) on campus because of the stress level, no? Now, in one of your posts though, you said your lab partner was fine to carry, because well, he is a square guy. No problems there.

What I would like from you now is a list of attributes of "square guys" who get to carry without BLOOD FILLING THE STREETS FROM STRESSED COLLEGE STUDENTS!

Also, could you include in this list how the stress of college life is less severe than for instance a long term deployment, where people are actually carrying quite regularly. Without BLOOD FILLING THE STREETS of a FOB.

I am asking what criteria you are putting forth for people to be allowed lawful concealed carry on a college campus.

you my friend are a idiot, im 32 years old, and have been to college twice now, a second degree, so spare me the How fricken easy and good you are and how you are the perfect person. you want to attack me, do it, if you want to discuss something, do it, or take another class for it since it seems you have enough time for it. I never once said, every student is going to snap and murder, or every student who has a carry permit, you must be tired from your schedule since you cant read and remember everything you just read. or you like to put words into others statments, there is a word for that, look it up college professional. if you want to attack me, do it, if you want to disagree, do it by explaining why you disagree, not by comparing yourself to the rest of the world and because you first judged who i was. yes the real world is harder. and yes i wish there was a jackass button for you. again, settle down and read things before you speak, words mean things and all you see is what you want to see and interpret. then you spew your idiot opinion. i dont want to take up anymore of your time since your average about 17 hour a day with school, work, studing, flight school, and flight lic. training. so better get back to work

Skipped English both times ? :D Sorry, couldn't resist...

also, drew and bike junkie> you two are 2 of how many millions of college students in the U.S. right now, now do the math, how many college students carry to school, I would bet a small percentage, so of that small percentage which you two would be included in, take your guns off campus and it reduces the chances to a very high level, not including non carrying others, so now if someone sees a gun, those are hopefully talked to or arrested and a shooting was stopped. all this rule is doing is trying to reduce a number of percentage so the next school shooting doesnt happen there. if you dont go to school there, personally i dont think you should even have a say. enroll there then protest it

Notice the verb tense. I said I was a college student. It's been several years since I've been one. Finished with two bachelor degrees.

This rule means I won't donate or attend events at OSU. I will also avoid the campus as much as possible. I'll wait to see how long they they exclude visitors such as myself for violating this.

This stunt has annoyed me enough that I will look online if I pursue a master's degree while living in OR.

You're just the epitome of lucency, aren't you?

Ok, lemme spell this out. Feel free to correct me on any of these points, when I'm misrepresenting what you so fuzzily "mean."

You disagree that people should be allowed to lawfully carry (after passing background checks, et al) on campus because of the stress level, no? Now, in one of your posts though, you said your lab partner was fine to carry, because well, he is a square guy. No problems there.

What I would like from you now is a list of attributes of "square guys" who get to carry without BLOOD FILLING THE STREETS FROM STRESSED COLLEGE STUDENTS!

Also, could you include in this list how the stress of college life is less severe than for instance a long term deployment, where people are actually carrying quite regularly. Without BLOOD FILLING THE STREETS of a FOB.

I am asking what criteria you are putting forth for people to be allowed lawful concealed carry on a college campus.

thank you, and i will try to answer what you asked me, in what you were intending to ask, thank you again.
1)im confused on the term lucency, unless im shining through or transparent in your meaning.

2)You disagree that people should be allowed to lawfully carry (after passing background checks, et al) on campus because of the stress level, no? I DISAGREE, why, because the school is a private place with the legality of protecting the majority and all of its students. weather age, sex, what ever, if they by state can make a rule, which was passed, its ok, and why i agree with it...i used other examples before, and i will try to state it as clear as possible. A school shooting can happen by any student. A Friendly to Friendly Military shooting, because of many reasons, can happen by any soldier, as with any shooting in any situation. so, even though, i want to carry my gun, legally, and can, i will not and like the rule because, it means less guns on campus. some will think that means rise in risk of attack towards someone. that is your choice, the amount of people that carry on campus is so low, most of you would not speak in comments like this if you knew the % of college students who carry. gun crimes on campuses are the minimal, i agree, and i agree people should be able to protect themselves. so will reducing the number of guns by restricting the ones who have a carry permit reduce school shootings or crimes. Yes, the amount a very small percentage. but if you lower amount of guns on campus, gun crimes will lower. school shootings happen in mult. of x 10 compared to college students using a gun on campus towards a attacker or some situation. look it up
you all are not college students, some are, most are not, you have matured alot since then. it is fact.

3) and you wanted me to correct you if you had something wrong, so here is your question, which you did not either read all of my original comment or just chose to pic a part out to argue, which is personal bias., your question, so everyone else can re-read it.."Now, in one of your posts though, you said your lab partner was fine to carry, because well, he is a square guy. No problems there." my quote: ": "just because john, my lab partner is a straight shooter, no convictions, family guy, no drinking or drugs, and has a carry permit, is under these conditions, he could be the guy that shoots me at anytime."

because you bubblegumed my original quote up so badly and made your own fake arguement, I wont answer or even say anything because that was pretty screwed up way to try to argue a point by twisting, cutting parts out and making a false point, so phuck U. and if you too retarded to see, my quote answered most of your question anyway.

4) and your last stupid statement, "Also, could you include in this list how the stress of college life is less severe than for instance a long term deployment, where people are actually carrying quite regularly. Without BLOOD FILLING THE STREETS of a FOB."
Well, yes you are correct, college is less severe in stress than a long term deployment. And I dont know why you and others are keep bandwagoning on this, this is not a comparison to military deployement vs. college, i could come up with a lot of things that are just as stressfull. this is comparing two things that are not being debated. its the bubbleguming schools being debated not the military you bubbleguming idiots. and if you are blind, look up how many people die because of a gun on deployement not involved in war or a action. have gun, can have accident, whether on purpose, on accident or you snap. same with with schools,

so lets let hight school kids carry, lets lower the age a year and let seniors carry in highschool, what difference are they from the next season in school at college, or the year after that, hell, its only been 15 or more years of school, what could go wrong with a few of them since things get 10 folds worse towards the end.

anyone else want me to answer each of their personal questions, let me know, im going there this fall, so I should have a view point, in you are not, you have a arguement, if you dont know the difference, buy a DICTIONARY, and look up the difference, and read all post before you argue something never said, you really look like a moron

this is a pissing match, if you go to OSU corvalis, talk about it, if you have never been to college, or currently dont go there, it is IN MY OPINION, NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, other than fighting for political rights.

If I own a restuarant, and I post a sign saying I dont want you to carry a gun, even if you have a permit, I still have the right to tell you to leave, its my bubbleguming store, not yours *** hole. you dont own the school, just because its public openness, doesnt mean its open to all public laws. it is seperate, on campus, off campus, kinda like private property, public property, it is pretty easy to read, and see.

at most campuses, if you are not a student, you are a visitor, and are not readily accepted on a regular basis, so if your not a student, come by and visit, if not, your not welcom and will be asked to leave. to me, that is not exactly public property, so a rule made on any land of a business other that that, can make any rule or ask for gov't law they want.

ok IM DONE, I KNEW THIS WOULD SPARK INTEREST BUT NOT BIASED, UNTHOUGHTFUL JUST FIRTST OPINION POST WOULD COME OUT, SO I ANSWERED TO ALL, AN WASTED, A FEW HOURS, SO THIS IS STUPID, CARRY A GUN AT OSU, AND I SEE YOU ILL CALL 911, EVEN THOUGH I CARRY LEGALLY ELSE WARE, BUT IF YOU ATTACK ME THEIR, i WILL STILL KILL YOU PROBABLY BETTER ODDS WITH THE KNIFE THAT IS ALWAYS ON MY SIDE, A BLADE THAT IS MOVED TO A POINT ALWAYS TOUCHES SOMETHING, A GUN POINTED TO SOMETHING, HAS MORE THINGS THAT CAN CHANGE THE TRAGEGTERY OF THE BULLET THAN YOU AND ALL OF US CAN EXPLAIN.

I guess Minnesota, what people have to ask themselves is a simple question, if we give up the right to "legally" defend our live's, how can we count on those that you don't trust in the first place to NOT go over the edge and do it anyway?
In a pinch, I would rather be judged by twelve, than carried by six. I know that's a simplistic point of view, but there it is in a nutshell. Just my two cents Minnesota.

maybe i mistook your post, im tired and appoligize, Alumni, are important, but in a matter like this, i dont see it being any different, unless you have a badge on the same orange cone that all over 70 should have on there car when driving so others know to watch out for them

this is a pissing match,

Forgive me if you feel that I am attacking you in any way, but when you take time to post something on a topic, ESPECIALLY one that is pretty sensitive to ALOT of people, you are going to get it picked apart, you will attacked sometimes (regrettably so) and you will be questioned. I read your post on page #5 and have also read the replies regarding said post and it is my HUMBLE opinion that you are not being attacked, merely questioned. You said some pretty interesting stuff and even though I do not agree with it I applaud you for taking time to voice your opinion.
I in no way feel this is some scheme to "take our guns away" or "obummers army" but I think we can ALL agree on the fact that it is a public instituition that has decided to slap the public in the face and disregard a STATE LAW that covers all property other than federal buildings. That is my point, if they want to make rules that they feel the need to enforce for the supposed benefit of students/faculty, great, go for it. But do not try and enforce an obvious flawed rule that does coincide with any state, county or city law. That is called abuse of power, and the poeple that make these rules should be held accountable. If only for the obvious fact that their reasoning is a complete LIE. Students and staff will NOT be safer, in fact they will much more vulnerable to attack. For the University to make such a ridiculous claim about wanting to make the campus safer is a bald faced lie and should be told as such.
Again, please do think I am attacking you, I am merely disagreeing with you and there is nothing wrong with that!

this is a pissing match, if you go to OSU corvalis, talk about it, if you have never been to college, or currently dont go there, it is IN MY OPINION, NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, other than fighting for political rights.

If I own a restuarant, and I post a sign saying I dont want you to carry a gun, even if you have a permit, I still have the right to tell you to leave, its my bubbleguming store, not yours *** hole. you dont own the school, just because its public openness, doesnt mean its open to all public laws. it is seperate, on campus, off campus, kinda like private property, public property, it is pretty easy to read, and see.
I took your advice and read every post and have determined you do not attent OSU. Reading all your posts also makes me think maybe you are headed for OSH in Salem in the fall, not OSU in Corvallis so all should be well, all guns and knives checked at the door there. A virtual paradise of overly stressed individuals fully protected from each other by the state.

Okay, I feel compelled to reply for two main reasons:

1. I am technically an OSU employee (paid grad student)
2. My 4' 11" girlfriend (soon to be fiancé) goes here

I am a physics graduate student and I am all in favor of students and faculty having the right to carry EVERYWHERE (not trying to pick a fight). The people I have met who do have carry permits are generally the more responsible people you find in society. Also, I do have people that I care about going to school here and I feel like they have a right to defend themselves. If they don't feel safe I try to rectify the situation. Since I can't carry, I have to settle for my pocket knife. In a nut shell this "policy" does not make me feel warm and fuzzy.

To people whom are concerned about students becoming disgruntled (and I don't mean for this to get into a pissing match):
Physics graduate school is one of the hardest tasks that a person can engage in. You run the gauntlet of 3 graduate classes per term AND have to teach 10hrs PLUS grade for professors WHILE attempting to pass the <broken link removed> . It was demoralizing: a 50% is usually passing, you're probably new to the area and you have few friends (if any). I bring this up because in spite of this I would pack (after the Oregon Supreme Court ruling and until the "policy" was enacted). If I had ever felt that my mental state could be compromised I would not carry that day. Screwing up while carrying ruins things for everybody. I believe anyone who carries needs to be able to make a rationale check of their emotions and know themselves well enough to recognize they shouldn't carry.

I know this is anecdotal evidence and does not make for a compelling argument, but I have been hunched over a laser all day and don't care. I also tried to be grammatically correct but probably failed, sorry for any typos. I would also like to thank any past, current, and future service members for everything that has, is, and will be done for this country.
God bless and take it easy,

Zack Thompson

PS If I've taught anyone on this board in lab I sincerely apologize.

Hi everyone! I am a current OSU student who also has received the e-mail telling me i am no longer allowed to carry on campus because i will probably shoot up the school (due to stress right? lol). First of all Minnesota I gave up reading your posts learn how to write. Yes college is stressful, no i do not think that is going to lead a CHL holder to start shooting because he "snapped" from the stress. Most who do go far enough to shoot in a school setting have signs long before they actually do it. In fact I would love for your to show me an example of such situation.

I wanted to make it clear that this is NOT just an OSU matter it is one of the Oregon University Systems (OUS) which includes OSU, U of O and five other colleges.

I live off campus and drive into campus daily. I use to carry but now I fear getting caught carrying with only a term left of college. I have decided i will be the rule abiding student I am supposed to be and just pray to God I can get through school quickly enough to be able to carry again. I wish there was something I could do but at this point I have no other ideas.

As far as campus being safe I disagree whole heatedly, I have multiple friends who were jumped by 3 or 4 guys in one of the many back alleys on or near campus. I have emails from campus telling me to keep my eyes open for illegal activities. Just last week I saw a girl post of facebook that she had to call the police because a man was walking around her house trying to get into every door (the police showed up too late to do anything). Oh and just in case people forgot I think Brooke Wilberger and her parents would disagree about the safety of Corvallis.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top