JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all,
I have wanted to begin reloading but don't have a workbench to mount a press. Also don't have the tools to cut wood to make something myself so looking for ideas. I scrolled through the reloading bench picture thread for ideas and saw a few folks re-purposing computer hutches and the like but are those really stable enough?

I don't have a lot of space so looking for something relatively small but sturdy. (and not crazy spendy) An online search came up with a few options. Including this reloading stand https://www.amazon.com/LEE-PRECISIO...00162RW66/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 . No idea if this is just junk or not.

Just looking for any ideas or something I might not have considered. Thanks

When I first started reloading I used a super flimsy (cardboard type of material instead of wood) folding table I found at the dump. (alaskan, basically a free for all dumpster dive) it was so light and flimsy, when resizing tougher cases I would have to hold the back side of the table in order to keep it on the ground! Granted I was reloading pistol only then it served me well for a short time.

So in other words anything that you could bolt a press to would suffice temporarily lol

Heck, I found an old typewriter table in the trash at a house. Drilled it so I could quickly remove my Lee Loadmaster. Kept it as a shelf in my utility closet at my apartment, had a sturdy crate with all my reloading stuff sitting on top. Would pull it out once every few weeks, dial it in and load a few thousand rounds over a coupla hours of great music. I miss the simplicity of that.

Last Edited:
Harbor Freight has a reasonably priced four draw workbench with a built in wooden vice on the end... Think I paid right around $100 for mine, it's worked out well for me...

YMMV

image_20328.jpg

Hey all,
I have wanted to begin reloading but don't have a workbench to mount a press. Also don't have the tools to cut wood to make something myself so looking for ideas. I scrolled through the reloading bench picture thread for ideas and saw a few folks re-purposing computer hutches and the like but are those really stable enough?

I don't have a lot of space so looking for something relatively small but sturdy. (and not crazy spendy) An online search came up with a few options. Including this reloading stand https://www.amazon.com/LEE-PRECISIO...00162RW66/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 . No idea if this is just junk or not.

Just looking for any ideas or something I might not have considered. Thanks
That will no doubt work, but why not spend 1/2 that in lumber and build something stronger with more storage space to begin with?

Being as I have a big shop with lots of room, I found a lot of the items like tables, metal cabinets and such that I use from C/L, mainly the free section. Lots of people just want their good stuff that didn't sell gone. I have done the same.

Good luck with your quest.;)

+1 on the Harbor Freight bench. Mine has an RCBS on the end, next to the Dillon 550, with the Square Deal B on the other end with room in the middle to put the MEC 650 for shotshells. The only downside is that the drawers only open halfway!!:(:(

+1 on the Harbor Freight bench. Mine has an RCBS on the end, next to the Dillon 550, with the Square Deal B on the other end with room in the middle to put the MEC 650 for shotshells. The only downside is that the drawers only open halfway!!:(:(
Be sure to grease the rails the draws ride on, had a similar issue, applied grease and they seem to be functioning well...

I have a MEC and Lee shotshell presses as well as a Lee single stage mounted, so far, so good. Draws are handy for reloading manuals powder or press bushings and the small tools one always needs to maintain reloading equipment.

Don't build anything you can't reach across. Especially if you hang things on a pegboard behind it.:mad:
Attach everything together with deck screws. Other wise the boards will tend to loosen up and it makes it easier to make changes.:eek:
Being on one side of the garage, I also attached mine to the wall behind it to keep it from migrating.:rolleyes:
I left room underneath for a roll away and a generator.:D

I spent a fortune ($75) on a really heavy duty used metal table. It has held up perfectly for 30 years now. I did screw it to wall studs to take any wiggle out of it.

I reload while sitting... many prefer to reload while standing.

If you make it to Vancouver let me know and I will give you a solid core flush door. They make great work benches. I am in the process of redoing my shop for the very same reason.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top