JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ceasefire Oregon will run in to the same problems in 2020. If it's not the title it will be the text. The whole thing is just to broad. It may have to go to the highest court. But it will fail somewhere a long the line.

Hopefully the Supreme Court's comments regarding the language this time around sets a precedent for the next time, namely that "assault weapon" and "high capacity magazine" are not terms they'll be able to use in the title. Still, I'm more fearful of the legislature picking this up and ramming it through as an artificial "emergency". Our only hope in stopping the legislature is that they're smart enough to know that going too far will cost them in the next election.

Its going to have to be toned down a tad to have any chance.

I am still of the mind that if we could somehow get our story out there and make it known that gun owners are regular good everyday people, who love, and are loved, have empathy, ect.. that would make a large impact because thats their main strategy, and the strategy of the left in general, to dehumanize their opponents.

We need to humanize gun owners. Because we are human. Because we are good people. Simple as that.

Since I know gun owners and people in the industry, I am comfortable saying that the vast majority of gun owners are damn good people. Responsible, God fearing, Family oriented, kind and thoughtful folks. Some of the best people I have ever met. I know that when I meet another gun owner, its a pretty damn good chance hes gonna be a swell guy/gal. And I feel like the firearms community and industry is one of the last bulwarks of well meaning, people with integrity. And it really pisses me off more then anything else when I see these people dehumanizing us in their rhetoric.

I personally think there is no downside to IP43 not making it on the ballot. By having it cut off at its knees, it makes the petitioners take a step back or two and realize that this isn't the cakewalk they thought it would be.

The downside to IP43 being dead is that it most certainly will be revived for 2020. Then the originators will give themselves plenty of time to ensure it gets on the ballot. They will probably also put a bit more lipstick on the pig to make it look palatable to voters.

They have so much as said so in their press release. They will learn from this, so must we.

Beware of the baby....it hatched yesterday !
attachment.jpg
Infans43asaurus

Last Edited:
Considering that this not making the ballot is entirely the fault of the AG and how she decided to word the title, I'm a little suspicious it was on purpose, to suppress the Republican vote and keep Kate Brown in office. The measure can be easily re-filed for the next election where the governor is not up for vote. The Supreme Court decision was quite straightforward, after getting all the input into how poorly written it was, she still thought her small revision would pass legal muster? Not sure if I buy that.

Yup, Knute is a fish out of water. He was already a long shot even with IP43 on the ballot, now Brown can start booking her victory party.

If anything, I think Brown and the Democrats might have had a hand in shelving IP43.

The word for 2018 should be "Supermajority". Democrats only need to win one additional seat in each chamber to hit supermajority status, meaning they can pass whatever anti-gun laws they want and Brown will sign them!

I had been praying for either IP-43 not to make it onto the ballot or to make it and draw out those who align with us but never vote in order to vote it down and also start turning this state as a whole around. I don't know if the latter would've happened so I don't know which route was ideal but I'm very thankful that it died regardless. Now we need to keep people informed and encourage voting even though IP-43 is dead. The next attack on guns is right around the corner, after all. Also, IP-43 and 44 helped push a friend of mine into buying his first gun so I hope we're getting more and more onto our side when stuff like this happens.

Ceasefire Oregon will run in to the same problems in 2020. If it's not the title it will be the text. The whole thing is just to broad. It may have to go to the highest court. But it will fail somewhere a long the line.

They have 2 years to fine tune their .lies and brown nose the Idiots that fund their communist Rederic.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top