JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The question is if you are limited to what you could carry on the run then what would it be? I ask this because of the disparity in prices between handguns and long guns. If you choose a handgun will it be worth the money to buy a Wilson? Would you be better served with a AR or maybe just an SKS?

I can shoot better with a rifle than a handgun at extended ranges but thinking of what to expect on the run (SHTF) which is the better choice for you?

jj

Tough question to answer without more information.

If it was a total breakdown in society, then a rifle of some sort would be the way to go. An AR, AK or Mini-14 come to mind.

If a carry weapon just running around the country a good ole Glock or XDm in 9 mm is a good way to go since the ammo is easy to find and a military caliber.

I would have one of each. A rifle would be the go to weapon with the most ammo being carried in the pack, probably an AR due to ammo availability (law enforcement and military use this caliber extensively). A 9mm handgun would be on the hip as a backup, a handgun isn't a very good offensive weapon in my opinion anyways.

Both would be reliable, by this I mean that you have shot it enough to know that it is reliable from your personal standpoint. I dont think it would be worth the money for a "Wilson" or something else, It still would have to be "known" reliable.

If I only could carry one gun, it would be an AR with about a 10" barrel. It has good close quarters ability and can still hit accurately at some distance.

wg

Let me make this easier. You are leaving your home and don't know if you will ever be back. What gun or guns do you own that you will take?

jj

Honestly, other than a forest fire, I can't think of much that would make me leave my home. But then I don't live in a huge urban area. That being said, if something freakish happened I would take my 1911 and either my Rem 870 or my AR. It would be a tough choice. I imagine both .223 and 12 ga. would be readily available to find...

Honestly, other than a forest fire, I can't think of much that would make me leave my home. But then I don't live in a huge urban area. That being said, if something freakish happened I would take my 1911 and either my Rem 870 or my AR. It would be a tough choice. I imagine both .223 and 12 ga. would be readily available to find...

OK Bear:D:D Albany gets hit with a nuke and the fallout is headed your way. Plus the nuke stopped all vehicles and power due to emp. The nuke also caused a fire blowing your way.:D:D How is that??

jj

OK Bear:D:D Albany gets hit with a nuke and the fallout is headed your way. Plus the nuke stopped all vehicles and power due to emp. The nuke also caused a fire blowing your way.:D:D How is that??

jj

I'm not supposed to mourn over Albany, am I? ;) I've driven the pass too many times and know that it would be dang near impossible for a fire to blow all the way to Bend. Too many firebreaks. Not too worried about no vehicles. I prefer a good pair of boots anyway. Best way to survive fallout is to remain inside and not expose yourself to fallout, isn't it? C'mon Jim, this is just entertaining...

My answer remains the same... :s0114:

If you have enough sheilding it may protect you from the fallout but the stuff will be all around you for a long time, got food enough to last:s0114::s0114: Bears eat alot you know:s0112:

So how many pounds of weight are you going to be moving when you hit the trail and how will you move it? Are you sure you made the best choice on guns to take with you:D

jj

Does it make you wonder why yall bought all them spendy handguns just to leave them home?? Geez handguns cost alot.

jj

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads