JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You have a longer pack to get out of dodge. That whole Portland living and stuff. For the life of me, I don't know how you boys can live there and not go batty...

I've sold or am selling most of the guns I don't practice with, so I'm fairly competent or better with the remaining guns in my safe. That takes away a variable if ever faced with this choice...

Rule #1 Bring enough gun. If I am going into the breach I want all the advantage I can get. I would feel relatively comfortable with the below:

1) FN SLP 9-shot, gas-operated, semi-auto, 12 guage with Tri-rail mounted Surefire 6P, ghost-ring sights, 300 rnds 00 buck and 100 rnds 1 oz slugs.
2) Springfield Socom 16 .308 w/Eotech 512, 10 mags and 1000 rnds ball or ap.
3) Full size Kimber 1911 .45 ACP and 1000 rnds. ball or jhp with backup of Beretta 3032 Tomcat .32 ACP and Dustin Turpin War Chief 4 inch blade tactical folder in trouser pockets.

The SLP can throw out 9 shots of buckshot as fast as you can manage to point and pull the trigger. Very reliable and easy to maintain. Slugs are effective against light barricades like automobiles. The SLP would be the first choice for close range night time encounters.

I would not want to be on the receiving end of an M1A in the hands of someone who knows how to use it. And the SOCOM is a lighter, fast handling version thereof. Also very reliable and easy to maintain.

Either of the long guns are capable of taking most North American game (might want to bring some bird shot as well).

Since pistols are primarily defensive weapons, one would not be my first choice of a firearm that my life may depend upon. That said, the 1911 has been shown to be both reliable and effective, and the Kimber is a fine example of that.

A decent back up and a good sharp knife round it out.

Rule #1 Bring enough gun. If I am going into the breach I want all the advantage I can get. I would feel relatively comfortable with the below:

1) FN SLP 9-shot, gas-operated, semi-auto, 12 guage with Tri-rail mounted Surefire 6P, ghost-ring sights, 300 rnds 00 buck and 100 rnds 1 oz slugs.
2) Springfield Socom 16 .308 w/Eotech 512, 10 mags and 1000 rnds ball or ap.
3) Full size Kimber 1911 .45 ACP and 1000 rnds. ball or jhp with backup of Beretta 3032 Tomcat .32 ACP and Dustin Turpin War Chief 4 inch blade tactical folder in trouser pockets.

The SLP can throw out 9 shots of buckshot as fast as you can manage to point and pull the trigger. Very reliable and easy to maintain. Slugs are effective against light barricades like automobiles. The SLP would be the first choice for close range night time encounters.

I would not want to be on the receiving end of an M1A in the hands of someone who knows how to use it. And the SOCOM is a lighter, fast handling version thereof. Also very reliable and easy to maintain.

Either of the long guns are capable of taking most North American game (might want to bring some bird shot as well).

Since pistols are primarily defensive weapons, one would not be my first choice of a firearm that my life may depend upon. That said, the 1911 has been shown to be both reliable and effective, and the Kimber is a fine example of that.

A decent back up and a good sharp knife round it out.

You are going to carry all this , Have you weighed ammo...?
What if you have to cross a river.....:s0112::s0114::s0112:

Yes I know how much they weigh, since I paid the shipping on them and put them in my ammo cabinet. Don't tell me you never heard of cars, trucks, boats, bridges or an ammo cache? Guns without ammo are not much use except maybe as a club. And if you're on the run and/or not coming back, one should best have both in good supply or know where you can easily lay your hands on them.

If I had to only take one, I would take my Glock 19. It's more mobile than any rifle as I can have it on me and still have full maneuverability. I have it on me 24/7 as it is, so if SHTF and I could only carry one thing, this would definitely be it.
However, I am able to carry on me at one time, My Glock, AR-15, and my 870. I have done this out in the woods and am able to move around nicely without too much hinderance. So really it would go Glock, AR, 12 gauge in that order of preference.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top