JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OH NO WE HAVE A DEADLINE.....must have the same writers as 3/4 the other shop based reality shows.

Best laugh I've had. That one guys bunker is so secure they stole his generator!

And please the super duper door MY ***. give me a cordless angle grinder and a couple beers and I could be through that. I like how they figure that the bad guys would only be using .223 and .45's How about hitting that door with a 7mm Mag or a 30-06 Or how about after the first little bomb. Just sticking a second one on there.

Silly silly silly

I have to agree with that + to protect a door I'd be thinking more of a door set up with a couple latched/armored holes to shoot out at intruders. Similar to an armored truck door. Also a Kevlar core would make more sense than the thin steel plating on both sides.

The other thing I noticed is the 5' tall shiny chrome air intake that sticks up to provide filtered air for the bunker. Shouldn't that be hidden at ground level somehow or at least camo'd so it isn't so obvious? A bad guy could cut off the top and drop tear gas or anything down there, pour gas down it and light it, or just put a simple bag over it and seal it. I remember seeing some bunker in Arizona and the air intakes were camo'd at ground level to look like shrubs.

Is that door the only way out? Just block it with a truck or stack rocks in front of it or weld it shut. Jerks do such things. Mixed with the actions above you'd have access within hours.

Now I know thinking of things like that are sorta silly, but it is the Beavis in me. Like the people here that wanted to dynamite Blitz out of his shelter LOL.

Maybe bunkers just make people feel more secure, so more power to them; they aren't hurting anyone else doing it, so go for it.

Just another twist on Doomsday Preppers. How about the guy who said he would announce on his PA system he would be "Calling the police" if someone tried to break into his bunker. Uh, call the police when you have a bunker?

I went onto their website and they make some different, but neat shelters. I did notice they have a big warning about not using shipping containers as underground bunkers. I was wondering if anyone has any info on this. I've heard of a lot of people doing this and not hearing problems. Are they just saying this to keep people from trying to make cheap bunkers, and buy their's? I've had a lot of experience around shipping containers and as long as you put a vapor barrier around them, I think they would work. They are pretty sturdy. Wondering what thoughts people have one this.

Did anyone else catch the comment from the son? "One day I want to take over the business" WOW so there must be a real hurry in their minds to sell as many bunkers as possible before 20 years passes and the guys son is in charge of the remote controled airsoft gun!

The wife brought up a very valid point.. Where are the land use laws and building permit system in all this? Are these people ignoring the law while sinking their bunkers in the backyard? In the real world of heavy construction there is no way a site developement company (I work for one) would show up and do that excavating without all the permits in hand. Not to mention all the steps having to be signed off by an inspector. You would have to have permits to move the units down the road. Permits for any septic any well any construction with a foundation. At the very least.

I'm thinking by the time that survival instructors bunker was in the ground. not including his students at least 100 people would have known it was there and what it was. The excavator operator the grader operator the well drillers the inspectors all the people in the county office dealing with permits the surveyers the setup crew the the construction crew the neighbors for miles the trucking company the crane company including the boss anyone in the office the estimator the operators the spotter etc.

Yea hidden bunker my arse.

That show was scripted - badly. Yeah, rush, rush to get it done on time. But don't know enough about putting living quarters into a metal box to deal with moisture. And then rush off to the store because "we need to go to marine plywood." Was this their very first underground shelter? And the spoiled brat owner's son throwing things around the shop. Give me a break. Almost as bad as American Chopper.

I did realize, when looking at the remote control and claimed capable as independent automatic, robot gun - made for Airsoft - that Airsoft guns are often pretty accurate replicas of actual pieces.

Now a true auto gun, motion triggered, automatically shooting the source of the motion, would be illegal as all getout. Maybe a cool post-apocalyptic gadget, but big time crime today and undoubtedly very illegal to sell in completed form. HOWEVER, if you designed such a toy to fit an Airsoft toy, that just happened to have the same physical dimensions as a real gun, and your design just happened to be strong enough to handle the real gun that would fit it..... Well, you can always sell Airsoft toys and accessories, right?

Just wondering, that's all.... ;)

I went onto their website and they make some different, but neat shelters. I did notice they have a big warning about not using shipping containers as underground bunkers. I was wondering if anyone has any info on this. I've heard of a lot of people doing this and not hearing problems. Are they just saying this to keep people from trying to make cheap bunkers, and buy their's? I've had a lot of experience around shipping containers and as long as you put a vapor barrier around them, I think they would work. They are pretty sturdy. Wondering what thoughts people have one this.

That is funny that they say dont use shipping containers. I watch on the TV show "This Old House" how they were making cheap housing in the southern states with them. It was pretty cool. Just like stacking legos and connecting doorways and stairwells. I was thinking they would be a lot cheaper to use and the US has sooooo many since we import way more than we export. I heard they are about $2k per container.

A shape charge would have destroyed that door with little to no issues! All the force from the explosion was directed away from the door, and not into it. Any SWAT worth a damn would have known this and done such from the beginning! Oh well, it was entertaining to say the least

Who do I call to get the local SWAT team to come out and do product testing for me? Any idea of their rates?

The door has exposed hinges exposed hinges can be ground off.

Wasnt really impressed with the concept of the show. It looks like it will be entertaining. My favorite part of the show was the guy having put all this money and time into getting a bunker and prepping. Then his stuff gets stolen. Wow! Then lame cameras get put in place where everyone can see them at levels they can either be shot off or knocked down. I guess it is all about the idea of feeling secure.

Yeah I took note that the center blocks were were knocked apart and only had a concrete on them to hold them on top of each other.

Why wa rebarb not used don the center of the hole and poured with concrete with anchore steel, heavily lock lid on top, this is supposed to be your families life blood for water, light, heat and fans for cooling and any bonehead with a sledge hammer can take it apart.

MORONS, put the generator storage unit together.

Overall it was a show for the the do it your selfer, I could buy a few used shipping containers for a $1k a piece and put the whole together for less than $20k with well, concrete, jenni and all

I think that stuff they taped to the door was tannerite, grey powder lookin.

Remember the old John Wayne movies when he would get on top of the cabin put his coat
over and smoke the bad guys out.

I agree about the steel box of death. I slept in a shipping container pulling security watch while deployed in Somalia and it is not fun.

Bad guys are gonna follow these people out to there hides and rip 'em off when they are gone.
Like that generator, but now he can watch them. Reality show about realities of your stuff gettin ripped.

That's the reason underground bunkers won't work in real life. It's too easy for bad guys to find the air intake and exhaust. All they have to do is put something bad into them.

Yeah, sheesh, didn't anyone else watch the movie "The Dirty Dozen"? Couple of little charges and a can of gasoline down air hole and goodbye peeps.

And I also noticed that these bulders did not use any type of foam insulator for the exterior. That would at least slow down the moisture and deterioration of the skin. Alternatively, why put them on a concrete pad? why not use concrete posts with rick-rack rock underneath to allow the moisture to escape from around the boxes?

I understand the concern for the intake and exhaust pipes being exposed. I don't understand why people dont put up security fences or something. Ya you would want to keep it hidden, but once people figure it out it would be easy for any type of underground bunker to become a death trap. They are good for protection from everything non-human. So why not put up some kind of fence or something. You most likely wont be doing it in the middle of town... so why not put a fence around it. Put the opening to it inside a storage shed or something... hidden in plain site or along those lines. I feel like people don't put a lot of thought into what theyre doing.

I've spent time in shipping containers in Afghanistan. They are not the best, but you can frame up the insde just like a house and if you bury it put a moisture barrier around it. I think it can be done, you just have to think about what you are doing, and be creative. As I said before any underground bunker can be a death trap. I suggest putting a fence or wall around the basic premeter. If you ever had to actually use it you would want the option to have a secure area outside you could do things anyways.

Why not coonect the bunker to your basement some how and make more accessible.

If a person is going to spend $750K on a bunker why not have multiple vent shafts made of 4 or 6 in. pvc coming out more than 100ft away and a couple of access or escape tunnels made out of concrete pipe, if you are going to go that far why not think a little, that vietcong had tunnels that ran all over the place with entrances and exits, thats how they survived through a lot of stuff

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top