Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Don't mess with Armed Woman

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by DMax, Nov 16, 2012.

1. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

2. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Good for her!!! Glad she wasn't harmed!

3. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

I wonder where she was aiming. roflmao.gif

4. HuckFin

HuckFin mt rainier Active Member

So--- he pulled his--she pulled hers...he turns tail and runs. Good for her!

DMax and (deleted member) like this.
  5. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

A Smith & Wesson beats four inches.

6. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

From the article:

“I put the magazine in my gun. I cocked it...”

Glad she had time to assemble everything!

Greg

7. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

no kidding glad she didn't need it in a hurry

8. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Anther thread on this in the General Forearms Forum also.

9. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

She had plenty of time.
    He was still limp ing.

10. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

Someone needs to address the elephant in the room. If she would have shot and killed him, is that really justified for exposing himself? The cops in Portland have been roundly criticized, and rightly so, for killing a mentally unstable man whose only crime seemed to be that he was naked and acting erratically. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend the pervert, just don't see a life threatening situation here that justifies threatening lethal force.

A carefully aimed taser would have been more appropriate!

11. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

You don't have to only the woman has to. And if she had fear for her life or the life of her child she would be justified. Certainly justified to stop the attack. And yes this is considered and attack.

12. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

She should've offered to help him and pounded his dong like a bottle of ketchup.

13. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

Consider: Woman with young child, confronted by young male intent of having sex with someone, or something/

Half a dozen armed LEOs and one mentally off balance naked man...obviously not armed, and also obviously not a physical threat to the armed gang of officers, who could easily obtain even more of their gang to back them up...

Do you think that is a fair comparison? Ya, a gang of thugs would kill the guy, just because they could...

This young lady just delt with the problem in a manner it was eliminated with a minimum of force.

14. Misterbill

Misterbill Yakima County, Washington New Member

This.

My wife and I had a conversation about this and she was far more in the woman's position than I was. She pointed out, CORRECTLY I think, that God Only knows what this was the precursor to. So pointing a gun at the guy was not at all over the top. I took some time to agree with her, but I do.

The LEGAL criteria is what would a REASONABLE person think in the same circumstances. My initial thought (As a guy) was that this was a harmless nitwit. As a woman, I have to agree with my wife that there is an inherent threat that most of us guys wouldn't feel/see.

I think the woman did exactly as she should have (except for the whole having to put a magazine into her gun thing obviously).

15. iusmc2002

iusmc2002 Colville, WA Active Member

She had a big-arsed dog with her, also. I don't think her putting the mag in and readying the weapon was too big a distraction or too time consuming. If you read her comments in the comments section of the Seattle paper linked in the other thread, she knows what she's doing with the pistol. Any fruitcake that will walk up to a woman walking in the park with a dog should be ready to assume responsibility for whatever transpires afterwards, period. An armed society tends to be a polite society.

It WAS in Longview, and the people there are mostly sheep waiting to be led to the slaughter, so the guy probably discounted the notion that a WOMAN in Longview would be packing.

16. soberups

soberups Newberg Well-Known Member

The moral of this story: "Dont bring your d%ck to a gunfight."