JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"...I'm going to blow your brains out"
I wonder where she was aiming. roflmao.gif

Someone needs to address the elephant in the room. If she would have shot and killed him, is that really justified for exposing himself? The cops in Portland have been roundly criticized, and rightly so, for killing a mentally unstable man whose only crime seemed to be that he was naked and acting erratically. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend the pervert, just don't see a life threatening situation here that justifies threatening lethal force.

A carefully aimed taser would have been more appropriate!

Someone needs to address the elephant in the room. If she would have shot and killed him, is that really justified for exposing himself? The cops in Portland have been roundly criticized, and rightly so, for killing a mentally unstable man whose only crime seemed to be that he was naked and acting erratically. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend the pervert, just don't see a life threatening situation here that justifies threatening lethal force.

You don't have to only the woman has to. And if she had fear for her life or the life of her child she would be justified. Certainly justified to stop the attack. And yes this is considered and attack.

Consider: Woman with young child, confronted by young male intent of having sex with someone, or something/

Half a dozen armed LEOs and one mentally off balance naked man...obviously not armed, and also obviously not a physical threat to the armed gang of officers, who could easily obtain even more of their gang to back them up...

Do you think that is a fair comparison? Ya, a gang of thugs would kill the guy, just because they could...

This young lady just delt with the problem in a manner it was eliminated with a minimum of force.

Consider: Woman with young child, confronted by young male intent of having sex with someone, or something/

Half a dozen armed LEOs and one mentally off balance naked man...obviously not armed, and also obviously not a physical threat to the armed gang of officers, who could easily obtain even more of their gang to back them up...

Do you think that is a fair comparison? Ya, a gang of thugs would kill the guy, just because they could...

This young lady just delt with the problem in a manner it was eliminated with a minimum of force.

This.

My wife and I had a conversation about this and she was far more in the woman's position than I was. She pointed out, CORRECTLY I think, that God Only knows what this was the precursor to. So pointing a gun at the guy was not at all over the top. I took some time to agree with her, but I do.

The LEGAL criteria is what would a REASONABLE person think in the same circumstances. My initial thought (As a guy) was that this was a harmless nitwit. As a woman, I have to agree with my wife that there is an inherent threat that most of us guys wouldn't feel/see.

I think the woman did exactly as she should have (except for the whole having to put a magazine into her gun thing obviously).

She had a big-arsed dog with her, also. I don't think her putting the mag in and readying the weapon was too big a distraction or too time consuming. If you read her comments in the comments section of the Seattle paper linked in the other thread, she knows what she's doing with the pistol. Any fruitcake that will walk up to a woman walking in the park with a dog should be ready to assume responsibility for whatever transpires afterwards, period. An armed society tends to be a polite society.

It WAS in Longview, and the people there are mostly sheep waiting to be led to the slaughter, so the guy probably discounted the notion that a WOMAN in Longview would be packing.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews