JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
KOMO news geek says.... "A frightening case of self-defense"

um, NO, lets rewrite that line....

A righteous case of self-defense.

A comforting case of self-defense.

An expected case of self-defense.

An inevitable case of self-defense.

An empowered female case of self-defense.

See what you guys can come up with.

~

Koreans on the Roof....sang to the tune of Riders on the Storm....

Dang! I am laughing literally out loud now! Good one! Thank you.

I have to show this thread to my husband when he wakes up.

Cate who almost choked on her hot cup of tea.

"Seattle Police said detectives found multiple bullet holes in the exterior of the house and believe they were caused by the burglar." Dude was shooting at her, dude just brought a pistol to a rifle fight.

^^^

This.

Thank you.

Cate

Well, the property is well marked with warnings. Would be burglar must either not know how to read or is just plain stupid...

She was burglarized just days prior, South Park sounds like a wonderfully quiet and serene Seattle neighborhood. Good for this woman protecting what's hers...

But perhaps we should take up a collection for her to take a shooting course because even though she wounded the would be burglar, she failed to take out the trash...

^^^

This.

Thank you.

Cate

KOMO news geek says.... "A frightening case of self-defense"

um, NO, lets rewrite that line....

A righteous case of self-defense.

A comforting case of self-defense.

An expected case of self-defense.

An inevitable case of self-defense.

An empowered female case of self-defense.

See what you guys can come up with.

~

Well, frightening for the guy at the wrong end of her shooting, for sure - what we used to call a RUCUN - 'rapid underwear change urgently needed'. The very last thing these people think about is getting shot at.

Thankishly, it's often REALLY the very last thing they think about.

Not a good shot because the threat wasn't totally dispatched.
A dose of 12 gauge double 00 buckshot out of a 30 inch - full choke barrel to his head would of been a better choice of projectile to end the situation.
Good choice, I actually prefer a high base waterfowl load, say #4 shot. At close range turns meat into hamburger. Nothing left to stitch back together.
i think it the anti crowd has their way shotguns will be the last they go for. I always have a shotgun. Imho the best close in weapon.

Well, the property is well marked with warnings. Would be burglar must either not know how to read or is just plain stupid...

She was burglarized just days prior, South Park sounds like a wonderfully quiet and serene Seattle neighborhood. Good for this woman protecting what's hers...

But perhaps we should take up a collection for her to take a shooting course because even though she wounded the would be burglar, she failed to take out the trash...

The reporter stated the burglar was BOLD to enter the clearly poster warning area
The new politically correct definition of STUPID must be BOLD .

Good choice, I actually prefer a high base waterfowl load, say #4 shot. At close range turns meat into hamburger. Nothing left to stitch back together.
i think it the anti crowd has their way shotguns will be the last they go for. I always have a shotgun. Imho the best close in weapon.

Joe Biden

When I moved to PDX, June 1983 we didn't know what parts of town were good/bad. We ended up in what is NOW refereed to as "The Alberta Arts District" :s0076: That was 1983, and THAT hood was real close to NE crack alley. Our rental house was burgled three times in three weeks. Get this.... By the same guy! I pushed for finger prints to get taken each time.This guy lived with his mother about five blocks from me. Down the line the miscreant that did this, and many other things including identity theft, passing bad checks etc, got nailed good, sent to jail for five years and got out in 18 months due to over crowding. I actually saw that piece of feces as he ducked under the roll-up door at the jail downtown and was then interviewed by a potland TV station. His complaint about jail? He was sick of cheese sandwiches.

A few years later, Kevin Anthony Anderson was shot dead by a woman that had just come home from work at 6:00pm and confronted him in the breezeway as he was limping out with a bag of her belongings he'd just taken from her home. He was limping because? He'd had a hip replacement recently, on the public dime I would imagine.

Sorry about that long story. I have a point though. I can believe that you get a form of PTSD dealing with being burgled repeatedly. I had a sign I painted and put up that said "Thieves Will Be Shot". And I WOULD HAVE! I was out in the street with my 10/22 one time after a burglary when the police showed. They had their guns trained on me. Went in the house. Came back out. They took my gun, and I got it back shortly after. There were pretty incredible officers that worked graveyard in the NE precinct back then I'll tell you.

Sorry for the drift, all that stuff, things I hadn't though about for a long time.

When I moved to PDX, June 1983 we didn't know what parts of town were good/bad. We ended up in what is NOW refereed to as "The Alberta Arts District" :s0076: That was 1983, and THAT hood was real close to NE crack alley. Our rental house was burgled three times in three weeks. Get this.... By the same guy! I pushed for finger prints to get taken each time.This guy lived with his mother about five blocks from me. Down the line the miscreant that did this, and many other things including identity theft, passing bad checks etc, got nailed good, sent to jail for five years and got out in 18 months due to over crowding. I actually saw that piece of feces as he ducked under the roll-up door at the jail downtown and was then interviewed by a potland TV station. His complaint about jail? He was sick of cheese sandwiches.

A few years later, Kevin Anthony Anderson was shot dead by a woman that had just come home from work at 6:00pm and confronted him in the breezeway as he was limping out with a bag of her belongings he'd just taken from her home. He was limping because? He'd had a hip replacement recently, on the public dime I would imagine.

Sorry about that long story. I have a point though. I can believe that you get a form of PTSD dealing with being burgled repeatedly. I had a sign I painted and put up that said "Thieves Will Be Shot". And I WOULD HAVE! I was out in the street with my 10/22 one time after a burglary when the police showed. They had their guns trained on me. Went in the house. Came back out. They took my gun, and I got it back shortly after. There were pretty incredible officers that worked graveyard in the NE precinct back then I'll tell you.

Sorry for the drift, all that stuff, things I hadn't though about for a long time.

Its always nice to hear first hand experiences! Thanks for sharing and giving us a perspective on something that thank god most of us have never had to endure.

Not really seeing the immediate and or imminent threat here...
In the video it was reported (twice) the guy was 'trying to break in the house' so on some level this constitutes an 'immediate or imminent threat'
The Seattle detective even stated ' You are well withing your rights when you shoot somebody if you believe your safety is in danger'

This and the fact she has dealt with this repeatedly, along with the statements from the workers about how dangerous the area is I believe justifies the shooting.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top