JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hm...
Not really seeing the immediate and or imminent threat here...
So while not really knowing the whole story...I do have a problem with this shoot...As in how the situation was reported in the article.

I do understand the frustration of having a home broken into repeatedly and having my things stolen...

But , even if it was a legal shoot under Washington law....
To me , unless my life or the lives of others are threatened...then it is not worth all the hassle of having shot someone.
Law / legal trouble...
Media circus..
Dealing with the fact that I shot someone...( Personal experience here weighs in heavily )
Gotta clean my gun....:D
Andy

Sniping from a rooftop? Methinks she's been playing too many video games.

Hm...
Not really seeing the immediate and or imminent threat here...
So while not really knowing the whole story...I do have a problem with this shoot...As in how the situation was reported in the article.

I do understand the frustration of having a home broken into repeatedly and having my things stolen...

Also even if it was a legal shoot under Washington law....
To me , unless my life or the lives of others are threatened...then it is not worth all the hassle of having shot someone.
Law / legal trouble...
Media circus..
Dealing with the fact that I shot someone...( Personal experience here weighs in heavily )
Gotta clean my gun....:D
Andy

This article says he had fired at her as well. Since the story got burried by the local media, methinks she's not getting charged.

I read that as well...
Still with what has been reported here...If he was not shooting at her first , I fail to see a threat here.
Granted I was not there and Monday morning Quaterbacking as well....

Again not trying to argue and much personal history / experience is part and parcel of my thinking in these situations...
Andy

I wonder if she setup some sort of rest or shot off a bipod.
Did she have to hold for wind???
At least the neighbors were not in direct line of fire... her shooting from the roof down and all.
Badass lady

I read that as well...
Still with what has been reported here...If he was not shooting at her first , I fail to see a threat here.
Granted I was not there and Monday morning Quaterbacking as well....

Again not trying to argue and much personal history / experience is part and parcel of my thinking in these situations...
Andy

The way it was written (probably from someone who knows zilch about guns), begs all the questions you're asking. I mean, did she have her M40 clone on the roof with a DOPE card taped to the stock? Did she run up there to get out of a house that was being invaded? Who knows?

At least the neighbors were not in direct line of fire... her shooting from the roof down and all.
Badass lady

Guy is probably alive because she forgot to compensate for her Leupold Mark 4 being 2 inches over bore height. That, and shooting at a downward angle changes perceived range vs actual range and drop....

;)

Badass lady

Those are all things I do in self defense situations. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany