JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Prepping is fun and all that, but I think a lot of us find it more of a hobby no different than gardening. It gives our minds something to engineer or work on.

At the end of the day, all of us will die one day (certaindeaf is probably dying of a heart attack as I write this) and no matter how much you prep, you could get cancer or some other illness, die in a plane crash, or get killed in a car accident any day.

Trust me I know. I've face terminal illness, a near plane crash, and a serious car accident where an 18 wheeler hit me at nearly full speed on the freeway. I literally thought I was going to die. Strangely I was at peace, thinking to myself I did everything I wanted to do, finally my struggle ends, and so THIS is how it ends....:D

^^^Truer words can rarely be found^^^. Sorry to hear about Certaindeaf, always enjoyed his company.

^^^Truer words can rarely be found^^^. Sorry to hear about Certaindeaf, always enjoyed his company.

Perhaps some of the re-loaders on the forum will pour out a little powder for him. He told me personally, in the days leading up to his passing, that he wanted me to have all his stuff, and NWF to take on all of his debts.

Can't believe you guys thought I was serious, it was obviously a joke.
Speaking only for myself ... It was more of a "timing" issue , than anything else.
I just was reading about Sgt.Nambu and his health issues , then I read the post with the "joke" about Certaindeaf.
I was not sure and , as we all have seen , sometimes these things happen in groups of three's.

In the end no harm , no foul as they say and I 'm glad all is well.
Andy

Prepping is fun and all that, but I think a lot of us find it more of a hobby no different than gardening. It gives our minds something to engineer or work on.

At the end of the day, all of us will die one day (certaindeaf is probably dying of a heart attack as I write this) and no matter how much you prep, you could get cancer or some other illness, die in a plane crash, or get killed in a car accident any day.

Trust me I know. I've face terminal illness, a near plane crash, and a serious car accident where an 18 wheeler hit me at nearly full speed on the freeway. I literally thought I was going to die. Strangely I was at peace, thinking to myself I did everything I wanted to do, finally my struggle ends, and so THIS is how it ends....:D

While I agree with your post, prepping is a way of life for me and has been since forever it feels like. I have been asked why and when my children were young I always said, "Because I don't ever want to my kids come to me and say they were hungry,cold, ect." Now that they are grown I say it's still for them. When I'm gone they can split up my gear:D

Speaking only for myself ... It was more of a "timing" issue , than anything else.
I just was reading about Sgt.Nambu and his health issues , then I read the post with the "joke" about Certaindeaf.
I was not sure and , as we all have seen , sometimes these things happen in groups of three's.

In the end no harm , no foul as they say and I 'm glad all is well.
Andy

^^^This....

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews