JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Prepping is fun and all that, but I think a lot of us find it more of a hobby no different than gardening. It gives our minds something to engineer or work on.

At the end of the day, all of us will die one day (certaindeaf is probably dying of a heart attack as I write this) and no matter how much you prep, you could get cancer or some other illness, die in a plane crash, or get killed in a car accident any day.

Trust me I know. I've face terminal illness, a near plane crash, and a serious car accident where an 18 wheeler hit me at nearly full speed on the freeway. I literally thought I was going to die. Strangely I was at peace, thinking to myself I did everything I wanted to do, finally my struggle ends, and so THIS is how it ends....:D
I was also hit by a big rig. I've always been into prepping, and belived that it's not a matter if if, but when we lose rule of law. Oddly enough it's getting hit by that big rig that got me to take prepping a lot more seriously. Time seemed to slow down as I saw it approaching in my rear view... just not slow enough to get out of the way, though I recall trying to... Without going into detail, I was "inspired" to prepare. You always think something serious won't ever happen to you until it does. I want to live, and I want my family to live through whatever gets thrown at us... So I prep. The challenge is saving when you're barley scraping by as it is. Easy is not in the cards though. Bright side is that learning to overcome challenges, and to do for yourself, is a prep in and of itself.
The import thing is to enjoy life as we know it while it still here, and not hasten the day that SHTF.

Last Edited:
Prepping is fun and all that, but I think a lot of us find it more of a hobby no different than gardening. It gives our minds something to engineer or work on.
I am glad to hear that many of you think it is a hobby because sadly I have met many that become consumed with prepping. One needs to set boundaries otherwise it will eat you up. People get locked into a doom fame of mind and forget to enjoy. OP is correct, be prepared but do not forget to live.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top