JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Two irresponsible idiots, doing something predictably deadly, that any fool would know was going to end badly, just to get "famous" on YouTube...isn't a tragedy... it's not an accident... it's criminal.

I'm waiting for YouTube and it's ilk to be sued for creating a "deadly attraction" or "attractive danger", that is responsible for this and other deaths or serious injuries. (not holding my breath though)

"Court documents say MonaLisa Perez accidentally shot her boyfriend, 22-year-old Pedro Ruiz III, when making a YouTube video."

"Accidentally"?

"Accidentally"???

I'm sorry, did the gun go off on it's own? Did the BF suddenly step in front of the barrel? There was nothing "accidental" about it. She intentionally shot her boyfriend, simply hoping a book would protect him. No, this was intentional stupidity on the part of the woman and her boyfriend - in clear violation of the very simply 4 rules of gun safety.

Want to know if a .50 cal will go through a damn book? Go to a range or somewhere legal to shoot and shoot the book - with a proper backstop (not a person, just FYI) in place.

One more wonderful story for anti's to use against the rest of us.

I feel sorry for the kids, not so much for the woman.

If you're going to use literature as a shield, at least use a real unabridged copy of Moby Dick or War and Peace, or something...
and not the Cliff Notes. :rolleyes:

Or, if action movies are more your speed...
Creedy: Die! Die! Why won't you die?... Why won't you die?
V: Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

It seems that the unfortunate young "victim" was not an ideas guy.

It is rare that people's idiocy surprises me anymore. This, however, is just stunningly brainless.

I feel sorry for the three year old and the one in the oven losing both parents, but this woman is too stupid to care for them, and needs to go away for awhile. A long while.

Last Edited:
Firearms education most likely would have stopped this.

That or simple physics.. Perhaps both.
Bet they saw "Cokeman" on youtube shoot a couple pistols (7.62 nagant and a 9x18) in his home.. He however had no one behind said books, had multipul books stacked up and also shot down at his floor..

This is ultimately darwinism. It sounds heartless.. But are those genes really necessary in the future gene-pool?

Darwin Award

A Teen Was Charged With Killing Her Boyfriend During A Failed YouTube Stunt

Perez, told police that Ruiz wanted to make a YouTube video of her shooting a book while he was holding it, as he believed that the book would stop the bullet, according to the criminal complaint.

.50 caliber Desert Eagle

Woman who shot boyfriend now charged with manslaughter

They are young people, so their brains are not yet fully developed. He was 22, and she is only 19. So you do have to give them some slack here.

They have been a couple for 6 years, but never got married. She got pregnant at 15, and they thus have a 3 year old daughter. She is also currently pregnant with a second child from her boyfriend, who will be a boy. It is going to be difficult for her to explain to her kids how she managed to kill their Daddy.

They had multiple cameras filming the stunt, but authorities say that they have no plans to release any footage of the incident. They had planned to advertise the video as being "THE MOST DANGEROUS YOUTUBE VIDEO EVER!"

They were hoping that the video would go viral on the Internet, and that they would consequently become famous.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews