JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They are young people, so their brains are not yet fully developed. He was 22, and she is only 19. So you do have to give them some slack here.

I do?

At 22, I had two kids and a wife I was responsible for. I wasn't pulling stupid stunts to give me 15minutes of fame on Youtube. I had a well paying job with AT&T, since I was 17, which I left and volunteered for the U.S. Coast Guard to become a Search and Rescue Aircrewman. I was responsible not only for my family, but a multimillion dollar aircraft, and victims lives. Most of the people I served with were the same age as me. We were all clear thinking, responsible citizens. So when did kids brains change that they cannot discern dangerous and irresponsible behavior? All I hear is party and gimme and screw the man. So few that have the sh*t together. I fully believe it is a societal malady and not a biological problem.

I do?

At 22, I had two kids and a wife I was responsible for. I wasn't pulling stupid stunts to give me 15minutes of fame on Youtube. I had a well paying job with AT&T, since I was 17, which I left and volunteered for the U.S. Coast Guard to become a Search and Rescue Aircrewman. I was responsible not only for my family, but a multimillion dollar aircraft, and victims lives. Most of the people I served with were the same age as me. We were all clear thinking, responsible citizens. So when did kids brains change that they cannot discern dangerous and irresponsible behavior? All I hear is party and gimme and screw the man. So few that have the sh*t together. I fully believe it is a societal malady and not a biological problem.

Exactly...

It's nurture vs. nature argument. I would say there is a biological component but the majority of it is the way the millennials were raised. You can definitely see the difference when kids are raised properly.

Exactly...

It's nurture vs. nature argument. I would say there is a biological component but the majority of it is the way the millennials were raised. You can definitely see the difference when kids are raised properly.

I guess there is new research on the biological component. I just have a hard time relating because of my own experiences and background.

"20s and beyond"
According to recent findings, the human brain does not reach full maturity until at least the mid-20s. (See J. Giedd in References.) The specific changes that follow young adulthood are not yet well studied, but it is known that they involve increased myelination and continued adding and pruning of neurons. As a number of researchers have put it, "the rental car companies have it right." The brain isn't fully mature at 16, when we are allowed to drive, or at 18, when we are allowed to vote, or at 21, when we are allowed to drink, but closer to 25, when we are allowed to rent a car. Young Adult Development Project

"Ruiz's aunt, Claudia Ruiz, told Valley News Live/KVLY that Ruiz had told her he wanted to do the stunt "because we want more viewers, we want to get famous."
Well - you got your wish, you're famous now.

Wow....o_O....I saw this on the news this AM, they actually showed the footage of the earplugs on the ground at the scene.

That's right, they actually put in earplugs, to protect their hearing, before she put a .50 A&E through the book, his chest and whatever he was in front of!!! :eek:

Last Edited:
Can you say, Darwin Award?

hqdefault.jpg

One second later...
Aware something has changed...
Nothing is like it was...
What is all of this?
Who are you?
I am the Angel Gabriel
Where are we going?
To the place reserved for you...
Where is that?
You mean you don't know?
Do you mean you did not prepare for this moment?
Or do you mean you did prepare for this moment and you are confused by how quickly your foolishness brought you to this end?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top