JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With societal change making the majority of today's youth virtually incapable of many things past generations were, I'm ok with this notion.

Might as well move that voting age up to 21 and also the minimum age for military service. :rolleyes:

'cause those poor children are surely not able to be responsible at the age of 18.
Raise the voting age to 35, waiver issued to those who served in the military.

I know a lot of people who are well over the age of 21 who vote, and vote poorly.

Just look at all the people who voted for Trump. Who voted for Clinton.

Neither of those candidates were a good choice. They both were bad.

We are now reaping the results.

While I believe it would be better if the various ages of "majority" were all raised to 21, I don't think that is going to fix the problems we have.

I personally know I had more confidence in my daughter when she was between the ages of 18 to 21 than I ever will have in most people, including her mother to this day.

I would say it is less about people's age than it is about their maturity and willingness to think rationally and objectively about issues. IMO, most people, left or right, simply refuse to *THINK*; they react emotionally, not rationally.

minimum voting age should be 25-30 with atleast 7-8 years of work experience and having had to pay out the @$$ in taxes... we'll see who votes who.:rolleyes:

lol. yeah. i know. :rolleyes:

I'm with you on that one! 18 year olds voting have NO idea what the real world is like and tend to just vote with a knee jerk reaction.

I know a lot of people who are well over the age of 21 who vote, and vote poorly.

We are now reaping the results.

While I believe it would be better if the various ages of "majority" were all raised to 21, I don't think that is going to fix the problems we have.

I personally know I had more confidence in my daughter when she was between the ages of 18 to 21 than I ever will have in most people, including her mother to this day.

I would say it is less about people's age than it is about their maturity and willingness to think rationally and objectively about issues. IMO, most people, left or right, simply refuse to *THINK*; they react emotionally, not rationally.
After 8 years of Obama I can't think of any better solution. Thank God the grown ups turned out to vote in the last election.

That about nails it.

Not really, it's just his opinion from the life he has lived. Doesn't make him right and his anger jades his opinion. If you really take a cold hard look at facts he is off a bit. Trump has only been with us a year yet is blamed for everything.

Not really, it's just his opinion from the life he has lived. Doesn't make him right and his anger jades his opinion. If you really take a cold hard look at facts he is off a bit. Trump has only been with us a year yet is blamed for everything.

I don't blame Trump - he has not disappointed me - he is doing just what I said he would do.

I blame the people who voted for him.

It has been obvious for decades what a charlatan he is, but because he said what people wanted to hear, they still voted for him.

People in general are fools.

We are reaping the results

What results?

Letting the military do what they do and the defeat of ISIS as a result
Lower taxes
Higher market
Less stifling regulations
Booming economy
Neil Gorsuch

Oh my god the horror

Oh but he thinks a stupid stock slidey thingy should be banned and possibly raising the age of rifle purchase to 21 (hasn't said bubblegum about it in days and won't happen on a national scale).

Honestly, as a non gun guy, sounds about like what could be expected. If that's the worst of it, I'll vote for him again in a couple years.

What results?

Letting the military do what they do and the defeat of ISIS as a result Oh you mean his secret 30 day plan?

Lower taxes And higher deficeit?

Higher market Every POTUS likes to claim credit for the economy when it does well and blame his predecessor when it isn't going well - when neither is true. The POTUS has very little to do with the economy or the stock market.

Less stifling regulations Like letting corporations pollute more, loan sharks charge outrageous interest rates, do away with net neutrality?

Booming economy see above.

Neil Gorsuch and trying to appoint other buddies who have no experience at all?

Honestly, as a non gun guy, sounds about like what could be expected. If that's the worst of it, I'll vote for him again in a couple years.

Oh he is doing just what I thought he would do - even worse.:rolleyes:

But I don't think he will last a couple of years. One way or the other he is going to implode. The 2018 elections will worsen the balance of power in Congress, which he has major troubles with now, and then it will be gridlock. Then in 2020 we may get someone worse than Clinton.

I don't blame Trump - he has not disappointed me - he is doing just what I said he would do.

I blame the people who voted for him.

It has been obvious for decades what a charlatan he is, but because he said what people wanted to hear, they still voted for him.

People in general are fools.

Its true people make poor decisions but I wouldnt' brand them as fools. In my opinion people are left in the dark so they can't make a good decision. There are lots of guys here that don't fully understand what they are looking at like how we got here in the first place. It saddens me that you call folks out who voted for Trump when they didn' have a better choice to make. How did we get to where he was even a choice, it's because everything has been corrupted by the buearcrats allready.o_O

But I don't think he will last a couple of years. One way or the other he is going to implode. The 2018 elections will worsen the balance of power in Congress, which he has major troubles with now, and then it will be gridlock. Then in 2020 we may get someone worse than Clinton.

No doubt that is the hopes and prayers of the resist movement, those in Congress that want your gun rights.

Its true people make poor decisions but I wouldnt' brand them as fools. In my opinion people are left in the dark so they can't make a good decision. There are lots of guys here that don't fully understand what they are looking at like how we got here in the first place. It saddens me that you call folks out who voted for Trump when they didn' have a better choice to make. How did we get to where he was even a choice, it's because everything has been corrupted by the buearcrats allready.o_O

There were plenty of choices in the Primary. I dont blame anyone who voted for him in the General Election. They were voting for their only choice. Its the people ( idiots, former Democrats, Reality TV show fans etc ) who voted for him in the Primaries that put us in the mess we are in. Clinton deservedly lost and would have lost to any reasonable Republican candidate. ANY Republican towing the party line would have installed a decent Supreme Court Justice. Trump has no idea what the Republican Party line is. He's no Republican and never has been.

And don't forget he's mean to girls and likes diet coke.;)

Trump tried to run as a Democrat they would not support. Then he tried as an independent that went no where
Then he says he is a republican and gets the nomination.
He wrote in his 2000 book that he was for making assault weapons illegal now he supposedly supports them especially after the 30 million dollar donation from the NRA. A man that says he owned all the politicians and was going to use only his own money to get elected
To me at the very base he has lied to the American people and shows he can be bought.

A person would have to be living under a rock to not know his history as a con man.

People just chose to ignore his history and what everyone was saying about him because they wanted to believe the lies he told them.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top