JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Trump clashes with Republicans on guns

I hate this to be one of those, I told you so moments, but it appears that Donald Trump has now "officially" changed his views on gun control and even condemned the NRA openly. To quote Donald "Two-Faced" Trump:

"I want you to come up with a strong bill - and really strong on background checks," Mr Trump told lawmakers at the White House on Wednesday, pushing them to work together on bipartisan legislation.

He said the NRA has "great power over you people", but that the lobby has "less power over me".

What does Trump want?
"Take the guns first, go through due process second," Mr Trump said, suggesting police officers be given the power to seize guns from anyone who could pose a threat, including the mentally ill, without a court order.

"We can't wait and play games and nothing gets done," he added.

I think it is about time everyone on this forum, regardless of political affiliation or whatever comes together and admit Trump has stabbed us in the back. Trump does not support our gun rights. In fact, I don't think Trump supports any of our freedoms or liberties at all. The more I hear him talk the more I see he admires the worst dictators of the world.

Trump went from Mr Second Amendment during the election to Mr Fight the NRA and is now supporting many of the liberals and gun grabbers and even spewing the same anti-Constitutional, leftist propaganda crap as they are.

Last Edited:
I think it is about time everyone on this forum, regardless of political affiliation or whatever comes together and admit Trump has stabbed us in the back. Trump does not support our gun rights. In fact, I don't think Trump supports any of our freedoms or liberties at all. The more I hear him talk the more I see he admires the worst dictators of the world.

People vote for dictators because they want things done without interference from pesky institutions like Congress and the Courts. The people who voted for Trump in the Primaries voted for Trump because of his dictator like stance on many issues. Dictators make the trains run on time. Fortunately we do not have the institutions set up in America to facilitate a dictator ( Roosevelt excepted ) . He is going to wear his welcome out soon and will have a difficult time getting elected for dog catcher by the end of his first term IF he makes it that long.

I don't know, can't fathom how someone can live in America for 71 years and know so little about it. He has to care so little, that life around him is not important.

It's actually our fault. I apologize for my part. Not that I voted for him. When a president says its ok to ignore the law, where do you go?

The Idea that folks like the Florida Shooter and the Guy who shot Chris Kyle should not have had Leos show up at their residence and seize any Firearms they purchased (Prior to them killin anyone )is taking 2A/RTKBA purists to a new place .

We have due process in this country. Never forget that.We have a 2nd amendment to protect core constitutional rights like due process.

TL:DR

Trump is a baller.

Bump stock ban was already passed before he made that statement. It just hasn't activated yet, but the bill was already written.

On the news the other day, they said he couldn't just raise the age to buy a firearm to 21. Each and every state would have to agree to it. So it will never happen.

Trump said both of these knowing that one had already passed, and the other was impossible. It was just some nice buzzwords for the media.

Each and every state? What? A normal bill passed through Congress and a signature from the President. Boom... 21. No problemo.

Same with the bumpstock ban.

A President who is a leader can get all kinds of stuff done good or bad. A President who fights his own party and craps on the other not so much.

Each and every state? What? A normal bill passed through Congress and a signature from the President. Boom... 21. No problemo.
Absolutely the truth!
I remember when all of a sudden it was a crime to drive 56mph. Happened almost overnight. Not by an act of congress though, but by the will of a President.

Absolutely the truth!
I remember when all of a sudden it was a crime to drive 56mph. Happened almost overnight. Not by an act of congress though, but by the will of a President.

No, that was actually a act of Congress in 1995 repealing the 1974 NMSL provision of the Emergency Highway Energy Conservation Act although it had been pretty much gutted by another act of Congress in 1987.

No it's Californian , and it went unheeded ...

California Uber Alas. The Dead Kennedys. When music spoke to power. There was some consciousness mixed in.

Trump, Obama, Hitler. Who ever is at the top isn't the problem. It's the people who follow. Its a position that only holds the power we allow. I don't like Trump but I do want the country to win. The US is so vulnerable now that even an angry Uber driver could do something to change how we live.

Texas will turn Blue this Election Cycle , us other Blue Staters have lost sight of what Democrat Majorities can do in State Assemblies we will be enlightened soon enough if we don't stop the bleeding ...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top