JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Trump Bucks NRA, Backs Raising Age for Buying Assault Rifles

This is a very bad day for gun owners in America. It appears that Donald "Two-Faced" Trump is now "standing up to the NRA" and says he now supports about the most unconstitutional, anti-2A measure our country has faced in many years. Now, Trump says he supports raising the minimum age of purchasing rifles from 18 to 21. Nevermind, we send 18 years old overseas to defend our country with these same rifles. However, this is a great infringement on our civil liberties and will strip away the rights of millions of law abiding gun owners form the ages of 18 to 20 and probably make rifle shooting sports for kids a much more daunting task. For all we know, they may end up banning the possession or use of rifles, altogether, for anyone under the age of 21.

I am truly disgusted with Trump and the Republican party, many which are composed now of RINOs, who are more or less Democrats who promote themselves as conservative minded people upfront, but are actually even worse than many Democrats in the draconian, unconstitutional and bureaucratic measures they support.

Anyway, for all those who were saying that Trump was trying to just bargain with liberals can now see how naive and blinded they were. Not only is Trump supported the demands of liberals on bump stocks, he now wants to disarm and ban millions of Americans from owning rifles.

I want to vomit that I Voted for Trump. I'm under the impression now that even Clinton with a Republican Congress would have been better than Trump. In fact, if Trump goes after our gun rights and demands the support of fellow Republicans, this could even be a worse disaster for us; because, our supposed protectors of our 2A freedoms have betrayed us and left us to fend for ourselves.

If anyone thinks Trump is pro-gun or has some master scheme planned to trick the liberals, they are deceiving themselves. Trump has proven that he cares nothing about his fellow Americans, gun owners, our Constitution, Bill of Rights and that his only real priority is keeping his grasp on power. Trump has shown that he will sacrifice his own supporters if it means improving his popularity and solidifying his grasp on power and hopes of re-election. And, those who say he never wanted to be President are so full of it, as well. Trump wanted to be president so badly, he threatened to run as an Independent if he lost the primaries which would have meant an easy win for Hillary Clinton.

I think I am going to make a new T-Shirt and sell it on the internet. It will read the following:
"I Voted For Trump And All I Got Was This Lousy Bump Stock Ban".

What happened to all these bold promises, National Reciprocity, Constitutional Carry, Dissolving Gun Free Zones and loosening gun regulations? Did any of these phony promises ever come to life? Nope, not at all! Instead, Trump has help push more gun control than almost any liberal politician before him. Not only did we not get and are probably not going to get any of these new freedoms promised to us, but now we are facing the loss of gun rights and gun accessory bans.

This is an atrocity! I doubt I will ever vote for another Republican as long as I live! The Libertarian party must rise and it will rise once all the hell and misery is unleashed in 2020 and for the first time in many years, Americans will feel what is like to have their own government declare war on them and the Constitution that help build and protect the rights and freedoms of the people in this nation. They say that gun confiscation is impossible. However, when did these slimy, greedy, corrupt and bloodthirsty politicians ever care about the laws of the land and your freedoms? The Democrat and Republican parties have betrayed the American people.

Bump stocks? I don't care about them. I think they're impractical and stupid. Do I want them banned? No. But would I fight over it? No. The age limit thing? That's a completely different story. 18-21 years old men and women have been trusted with firearms in their hands and have bled and died for our country. They've fought in armed conflicts all over the world in support of our constitutional freedoms. This is a betrayal of their trust. Those politicians who're turning their backs on the American people are stabbing their constituents in the back. This is a violation of their oaths of office. Period.

188wrz.jpg

Personally I really don't care if someone have to wait till thier 21 to buy a gun. I don't care about bump fire stocks
I care that there are more and more restrictions taking away our rights. Each law chisels away a little more.

Might as well move that voting age up to 21 and also the minimum age for military service. :rolleyes:

'cause those poor children are surely not able to be responsible at the age of 18.

I am no Trump fan boy and he is no supporter of our rights. The only thing he supports is making his wallet fatter. If you want to know how he will act on something ask yourself what is in his best interest. Guns are no different he is doing this to appease the the anti' s.

I don't care about being able to own bump stocks and would be fine with a ban on them. It would be okay to raise purchase age for rifles and shotguns to 21. However, it should be okay for people 18+ to own a firearm if it's given to them by a family member who's over 21, or as a tool in their line of duty be it military, law enforcement, etc. Seems pretty sensible to me!

Might as well move that voting age up to 21 and also the minimum age for military service. :rolleyes:

'cause those poor children are surely not able to be responsible at the age of 18.

In my experience - both my own personal history and observing others, I have little confidence in the judgement of teens between the ages of 18 and 21. I would not mind it if all ages - voting, joining military, etc., were increased to 21.

I know I wasn't ready to be a responsible adult at that age. The 18-21 year olds I observed in the military did not magically mature, despite training and the expectations of the military to be adults.

Yes - some are mature - but IMO most are not. It simply takes time and experience, and that doesn't happen the day you turn 18.

That said - beyond driving habits and maybe drinking habits - I do not believe that most 18-21 year olds are a danger to others, even with a gun in their hands.

I also do not believe the military would be willing to give up a ready supply of cannon fodder in the peak of their health, complete with easily impressionable minds. By the time someone has reached 21 I believe they would be much less inclined to join the military. So, not going to happen. OTOH - the military would probably be much better off with 21 year olds.

I am no Trump fan boy and he is no supporter of our rights. The only thing he supports is making his wallet fatter. If you want to know how he will act on something ask yourself what is in his best interest. Guns are no different he is doing this to appease the the anti' s.

I don't think it is about his wallet - at least not primarily.

He is feeding his big fat ego.

Trump Bucks NRA, Backs Raising Age for Buying Assault Rifles

This is a very bad day for gun owners in America. It appears that Donald "Two-Faced" Trump is now "standing up to the NRA" and says he now supports about the most unconstitutional, anti-2A measure our country has faced in many years. Now, Trump says he supports raising the minimum age of purchasing rifles from 18 to 21. Nevermind, we send 18 years old overseas to defend our country with these same rifles. However, this is a great infringement on our civil liberties and will strip away the rights of millions of law abiding gun owners form the ages of 18 to 20 and probably make rifle shooting sports for kids a much more daunting task. For all we know, they may end up banning the possession or use of rifles, altogether, for anyone under the age of 21.

I am truly disgusted with Trump and the Republican party, many which are composed now of RINOs, who are more or less Democrats who promote themselves as conservative minded people upfront, but are actually even worse than many Democrats in the draconian, unconstitutional and bureaucratic measures they support.

Anyway, for all those who were saying that Trump was trying to just bargain with liberals can now see how naive and blinded they were. Not only is Trump supported the demands of liberals on bump stocks, he now wants to disarm and ban millions of Americans from owning rifles.

I want to vomit that I Voted for Trump. I'm under the impression now that even Clinton with a Republican Congress would have been better than Trump. In fact, if Trump goes after our gun rights and demands the support of fellow Republicans, this could even be a worse disaster for us; because, our supposed protectors of our 2A freedoms have betrayed us and left us to fend for ourselves.

If anyone thinks Trump is pro-gun or has some master scheme planned to trick the liberals, they are deceiving themselves. Trump has proven that he cares nothing about his fellow Americans, gun owners, our Constitution, Bill of Rights and that his only real priority is keeping his grasp on power. Trump has shown that he will sacrifice his own supporters if it means improving his popularity and solidifying his grasp on power and hopes of re-election. And, those who say he never wanted to be President are so full of it, as well. Trump wanted to be president so badly, he threatened to run as an Independent if he lost the primaries which would have meant an easy win for Hillary Clinton.

I think I am going to make a new T-Shirt and sell it on the internet. It will read the following:
"I Voted For Trump And All I Got Was This Lousy Bump Stock Ban".

What happened to all these bold promises, National Reciprocity, Constitutional Carry, Dissolving Gun Free Zones and loosening gun regulations? Did any of these phony promises ever come to life? Nope, not at all! Instead, Trump has help push more gun control than almost any liberal politician before him. Not only did we not get and are probably not going to get any of these new freedoms promised to us, but now we are facing the loss of gun rights and gun accessory bans.

This is an atrocity! I doubt I will ever vote for another Republican as long as I live! The Libertarian party must rise and it will rise once all the hell and misery is unleashed in 2020 and for the first time in many years, Americans will feel what is like to have their own government declare war on them and the Constitution that help build and protect the rights and freedoms of the people in this nation. They say that gun confiscation is impossible. However, when did these slimy, greedy, corrupt and bloodthirsty politicians ever care about the laws of the land and your freedoms? The Democrat and Republican parties have betrayed the American people.

Great idea, vote for someone who you know can't win. That way you make sure the liberal wins. Members here support the same thing Trump is claimed to be supporting. Want to know why OR has Kate for Gov? A lot of gun owners refused to vote for the Rep. running against her for the same reason. So they got Kate. Congratulations. Gun owners continue to be their own worst enemy every election.

minimum voting age should be 25-30 with atleast 7-8 years of work experience and having had to pay out the @$$ in taxes... we'll see who votes who.:rolleyes:

lol. yeah. i know. :rolleyes:

Great idea, vote for someone who you know can't win. That way you make sure the liberal wins. Members here support the same thing Trump is claimed to be supporting. Want to know why OR has Kate for Gov? A lot of gun owners refused to vote for the Rep. running against her for the same reason. So they got Kate. Congratulations. Gun owners continue to be their own worst enemy every election.
We have republicans supporting Kate in Oregon to think one candidate is better than another because they are a republican is a fallacy. Look at what they have done and supported in the past then choose who you support.

A vote for Trump in Orygun was a wasted vote. Ditto WA and Calif.

Who won those states?

Who did I say would win?

Who did the electoral votes go to?

Clinton.

Who is stabbing us in the back now?

Trump.

What good did it do to vote for him?

It did not help him win.

It helped the two major parties push the lie that you have to vote for them or your vote is wasted - when the opposite is true.

Then there is the lie that you have to vote for someone who can win - even if they are just the lesser of two evils. Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil.

I have this strange logic when it comes to voting; I vote for the person I actually want to be in office. I don't get any reward for voting for the winner - in fact, as you can see from what is going on right now - the people who voted for Trump are getting stabbed in the back.

You get the government you vote for and you voted for an egotistical narcissist, pathological liar, con man, moron, draft dodger and now you are seeing the results. You are to blame.

minimum voting age should be 25-30 with atleast 7-8 years of work experience and having had to pay out the @$$ in taxes... we'll see who votes who.:rolleyes:

lol. yeah. i know. :rolleyes:

I do believe that everybody has the right to vote, regardless of their personal situation.

Not everybody is able to work and they still have the right to say who will represent them.

That said, increasing the age doesn't hurt that principle and it does increase the chance that they will be responsible adults - usually with a job.

:s0158: I like this custom smile because it kinda reflects the world as it is. Lots of people just watch as life goes buy from a place that they don't understand how they got there and no idea where life is going. No offense OP but you are blaming the wrong people for where the nation is today but it's ok, join the band wagon and let er rip. The one man in government that may help your gun rights and even promised to yet folks throw rocks at him.

Who better OP? Give us the name of anyone better on guns than Trump? No offense intended.

However, this is a great infringement on our civil liberties and will strip away the rights of millions of law abiding gun owners form the ages of 18 to 20 and probably make rifle shooting sports for kids a much more daunting task.
Well, hypothetically, if this ONLY applied to SA 'assualt' rifles it would still leave a wide range of others available to the under 21 YOA person.
AND why the sudden debate over raising the rifle purchase age to 21 when I have NEVER seen anyone, anywhere protest the age 21 YOA requirement to purchase a handgun or suggest it be lowered to 18.

it seems as if a lot of people who dont work or choose not to be ambitious and settle for low paying minimum wage jobs just settle and vote for government handouts that we the tax payers pay for. ive seen it first hand.

it sucks seeing a lady with a coach purse bust out her oregon trail card, pay for cigarettes and alcohol with cash and then get helped out to their cadillac by the courtesy clerk.... i was that courtesy clerk back in my teens.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top