JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status

Pretty much the only thing I can find that's positive for 2A by Trump.

I would say that it's interesting to see the list of promises he made vs delivered on. According to politifact, he's at:
24% kept
20% compromise
5% stalled
49% broken

I've seen more favorable lists, but none that have been quite as vetted. This seems to be a decent estimate. It seems to me that Trump focuses a lot more on symbolism rather than effectiveness. Take that how you will, voting either way in OR/WA won't change the outcome of the election. All we can do at this point is focus on making our local communities and states better. Hopefully that will help on a cultural level.
I may be one of the few on these boards who actually believes that Oregon and Washington can be flipped to Trump this election cycle, despite Trump's lack of appearances in the PNW. The riots have woken a lot of people up.

Someone in Portland needs to mount a massive write-in campaign for mayor. I don't think it would take much when you consider the two nutjobs currently on the ballot.

I've got $100 toward the campaign of anyone who'll take a serious stab at it. Much publicity is needed.

He's scared.

He's afraid he is losing this election and he's grasping to appease any groups he might be able to sway in the last few weeks.

Had he cared one bit about gun rights, if any of them truly did, they could have tried to do it when all 3 stars were aligned...

"but give us another chance! We'll do it this time! Promise!"

The constitution is valid in all 50 states whether their governors believe in it or not. Reciprocity is a trojan horse; pretending the government has the right to "license" you in the first place.

So, we'll have a better chance with Biden? Time for a reality check.

Honestly, I think the illegal progressive/Marxist conspiracy to steal the election has bumped reciprocity to the back burner.

I think the SCOTUS had to be rebalanced before a reciprocity law would have had a shot - now that's done.

Not really. anti-gun laws get pushed through by the hundreds regardless of their level of ability to survive a supreme court challenge. Even then it does not matter. It is still illegal to own a tazer in Hawaii despite the supreme court saying it is legal. They dont care.

the lack of pro-gun laws being passed means there is no pro-gun politician. If there were, they would not care about the supreme court.

There are anti-gun politicians and those that wait around long enough to be replaced by an anti-gun politician.

Office politics in action! Why is it called 'office politics' in the so-called private sector? Does anyone really believe that 'political' is solely a 'government' entity?
The most brutal political behavior I have witnessed was in the corporate world!
There are no white knights that wear suits!

Not really. anti-gun laws get pushed through by the hundreds regardless of their level of ability to survive a supreme court challenge.
However, once struck down there is a precedent. Do we really want to risk a precedent like this? It's also why the court has (reportedly) not heard any 2A cases of note recently. Now, perhaps they can.

However, once struck down there is a precedent. Do we really want to risk a precedent like this? It's also why the court has (reportedly) not heard any 2A cases of note recently. Now, perhaps they can.

In theory yes but I dont trust any of them. I dont expect any 2A case to hit the supreme court even with this confirmation going through. Right now, every politician is anti-gun until proven otherwise. They can say what ever they want but until they do something substantial, my confidence in them is zero.

I'll predict right now that no substantial 2A case will be heard by the supreme court in the next 4 years.

In theory yes but I dont trust any of them. I dont expect any 2A case to hit the supreme court even with this confirmation going through. Right now, every politician is anti-gun until proven otherwise. They can say what ever they want but until they do something substantial, my confidence in them is zero.

I'll predict right now that no substantial 2A case will be heard by the supreme court in the next 4 years.
You'll definitely see some cases up there, and likely SOON. 2A proponents on the court are chomping at the bit to set some precedent. You can believe ACB will constitutionally be on their side.

80,000 cases are presented to SCOTUS each year. Only 80 ever make it before the court in a given year. A SINGLE CASE can upset the apple cart as far as the eye can see. :s0094:

Status

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top