JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just dont see that in this region. Sorry
You do realize WA and OR were not like this a short time ago right? Pretending this is not spreading is great but sadly it is. ID right now is still looking very good but, its rapidly spreading there too. In my lifetime CA was a great place to live. Not so now. Sorry but pretending its not spreading does not stop it. :s0092:

I don't think people have put the pieces of the puzzle together to see the big picture. It ain't up to me to tell them. :D
Easy to see they have not as a whole seen it. Most do not want to see it. Just like people who say "its fine where I live so nothing is wrong". Kind of like the guy who stood in front of burning buildings saying nothing was wrong here. People as a whole have an amazing capacity to just pretend what is going on is not, until its on top of them :s0092:
When enough pain is felt many will wake up but, damn it can be a long hard road to get back. People in power become addicted to that power and do not give it up easily. Interesting times to be alive for sure.

You do realize WA and OR were not like this a short time ago right? Pretending this is not spreading is great but sadly it is. ID right now is still looking very good but, its rapidly spreading there too. In my lifetime CA was a great place to live. Not so now. Sorry but pretending its not spreading does not stop it. :s0092:
While that is true there are different regions of the US that are vastly different. So different that well, its not going to happen here is a statement I can comfortably make.

I don't want to rely on hopium (a belief of wishful thinking) to keep my freedom. Especially if I haven't done anything illegal. Not to be political, but everything is.

Someone mentioned the feds not caring because it's not their back yard, they have little to lose. True. Same thing for gun hating local DAs and governors. They are dancing to the beat of their $$$ masters.

As I'm traveling (CO, WY, SD) I'm coming across a lot of people in the service industry from other countries. At the ceremony last night, I heard several languages in the crowd. People want to come here and believe as we believe. If we keep watering down our core values we won't know what we believe anymore and we'll give away what others gave us.

What I know is I haven't committed any crimes and don't plan to. The gun hating politicos want to make me a criminal anyway.

1000000268.jpg

With all the evacuees from CA and WA fleeing to ID, it's only a matter of time before the unpopular political infection takes over there. Same thing is happening to my home state Utah, it's unrecognizable from what it was 20 years ago. Unfortunaley all the migration to these areas to escape the coast insanity is only acceleratig their absorption into the collective. Low populations living out in the sagebrush and hills is why those states were so free for so long, once you start building out the arterials with walmarts, dollar generals, and planned community subdivisions it's all over. Look at the St. George\Cedar city area, good lord.. you might as well be visiting Denver. It's almost like the coastal states are pushing populations to escape to these areas on purpose, idk.

With all the evacuees from CA and WA fleeing to ID, it's only a matter of time before the unpopular political infection takes over there. Same thing is happening to my home state Utah, it's unrecognizable from what it was 20 years ago. Unfortunaley all the migration to these areas to escape the coast insanity is only acceleratig their absorption into the collective. Low populations living out in the sagebrush and hills is why those states were so free for so long, once you start building out the arterials with walmarts, dollar generals, and planned community subdivisions it's all over. Look at the St. George\Cedar city area, good lord.. you might as well be visiting Denver. It's almost like the coastal states are pushing populations to escape to these areas on purpose, idk.
Yup.

Would matter less if States had electoral college type systems of governance, vs majority rule type. Then rural counties would be equal in governance, not just whatever the population centers want.

Not sure what other States have, Oregon is majority rule. Now even having severe penalties for representatives disagreeing with such...

Yup.

Would matter less if States had electoral college type systems of governance, vs majority rule type. Then rural counties would be equal in governance, not just whatever the population centers want.

Not sure what other States have, Oregon is majority rule. Now even having severe penalties for representatives disagreeing with such...
Believe everyone except Nebraska; are the same way; proportional districts for both chambers. Only Nebraska has a single chamber Legislature.

Anyone living in Idaho who pretends that the carcinogenic anti-gunners aren't already here is in denial. Over the last several years there is more and more of a 'guns' are evil being portrayed in the media. Yeah, there is some 'token' pro gun stuff BUT the gun friendly atmosphere is LONG GONE. Winter game ranges have been supplanted with west coasters and other seeking the fantasy of Nirvana. Once upon a time (ten to fifteen years ago) I had Elk in my front yard and deer (hundreds) on the hill side ALL year long! Not happening, with all the new emigrants!

Anyone living in Idaho who pretends that the carcinogenic anti-gunners aren't already here is in denial. Over the last several years there is more and more of a 'guns' are evil being portrayed in the media. Yeah, there is some 'token' pro gun stuff BUT the gun friendly atmosphere is LONG GONE. Winter game ranges have been supplanted with west coasters and other seeking the fantasy of Nirvana. Once upon a time (ten to fifteen years ago) I had Elk in my front yard and deer (hundreds) on the hill side ALL year long! Not happening, with all the new emigrants!
This is no surprise :(

A while back during the plandemic/scamdemic; there were quite a few articles extolling the virtues of working remotely and moving to scenic places like Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and working remotely from those States... specifically saying to get out of CA, and the "failing little Silicon Valley" of Washington.

This is no surprise :(

A while back during the plandemic/scamdemic; there were quite a few articles extolling the virtues of working remotely and moving to scenic places like Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and working remotely from those States... specifically saying to get out of CA, and the "failing little Silicon Valley" of Washington.
Sadly this has been the theme for a good while. Liberals turn the place they live into an open sewer. So the ones with means look at some red area where its really nice and move there. No sooner do they get set up in the nice place they start to try to turn it into the sewer they left. Many who should know better ignore this and pretend its not happening until its really bad and they act shocked. :s0092:

That's also why I say anyone who's done the crime & served their time should have the same rights as everyone else.

Just not in our current CJ system is all.

They should either be free & trusted, or not out...
I don't believe there is any blanket policy on either side of the coin that's truly workable. Case-by-case and the means to have rights restored is the only way I can see.

Easy enough to say, "they did their time" but there are more than PLENTY (factually, the greater majority) of repeat violent offenders playing merry-go-round in the legal system. Just because they served their time for one of the crimes they actually got caught and convicted for doesn't necessarily mean they haven't committed... even more heinous than the crime they actually served time for... or any guarantee they won't do it again.

Also in play is plea bargaining... in which a person is not always "convicted" for the greatest crime they actually committed. A blanket policy isn't going to factor in what they actually did... only what they were convicted of.

It would be interesting to see stats on how many incarcerated individuals were actually caught and convicted for the only crime they ever committed.. but I would hazard a guess it would be an incredibly low percentage.

We aren't a nation of single chances so I don't see how a "they are 100% free... give everyone the keys to the candy store... or lock then up forever" policy really plays. Remembering too that withholding 2A rights is not just an effort to prevent reoffences, but almost more about increasing the punitive actions the next time around if they fail to walk the straight and narrow.

Last Edited:
Here in Wash. state, we don't have to be concerned with this latest DOJ "crackdown." We aren't allowed to sell privately.

They can and will. I've been a pretty good record keeper over the years when it comes to guns that were on paper to me. I take a different approach, giving them the information they want is an easier way to make them go away.
The ATF's proposed rule is not limited to sales without FFL processing. It is also written to attack people who sell a gun (or multiple) for profit without the seller having an FFL. Even if the transfer is processed by an FFL.

The federal Gun Control Act does not allow the ATF to prosecute same-state residents for transferring a gun without using an FFL. The requirement to use an FFL for transfers comes from each state's law. That's why the ATF is using the "unlicensed dealer" angle to try and shut down gun sales by private citizens. The ATF does have a federal law in its pocket allowing it to regulate firearms dealers.

FFL dealers are subject to federal laws on processing of transfers of course.

The ATF will of course run into a Bruen defense when they start prosecuting Average Joes (and Jills) for selling one gun and making a profit on it.

I don't want to rely on hopium (a belief of wishful thinking) to keep my freedom. Especially if I haven't done anything illegal. Not to be political, but everything is.

Someone mentioned the feds not caring because it's not their back yard, they have little to lose. True. Same thing for gun hating local DAs and governors. They are dancing to the beat of their $$$ masters.

As I'm traveling (CO, WY, SD) I'm coming across a lot of people in the service industry from other countries. At the ceremony last night, I heard several languages in the crowd. People want to come here and believe as we believe. If we keep watering down our core values we won't know what we believe anymore and we'll give away what others gave us.

What I know is I haven't committed any crimes and don't plan to. The gun hating politicos want to make me a criminal anyway.

View attachment 1481388
Rushmore is amazing.

How are they going to know if you made a profit or not? I believe this DOJ/ATF effort is intended to scare private buyers and sellers from buying and selling period. You can get a good idea who they will target first by looking at the high volume sellers in the NWFA classifieds.

If you want to buy and sell on a regular basis, it might be wise to use multiple consignment services from FFLs to get rid of the firearms.

How are they going to know if you made a profit or not? I believe this DOJ/ATF effort is intended to scare private buyers and sellers from buying and selling period. You can get a good idea who they will target first by looking at the high volume sellers in the NWFA classifieds.

If you want to buy and sell on a regular basis, it might be wise to use multiple consignment services from FFLs to get rid of the firearms.
Good question. They could look at MSRP, Wholesale prices, and FFL/pawn shop prices/purchases and then look at your sales prices in the classifieds among others... and figure how much "profit" you're looking to make ? :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews