JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good question. They could look at MSRP, Wholesale prices, and FFL/pawn shop prices/purchases and then look at your sales prices in the classifieds among others... and figure how much "profit" you're looking to make ? :rolleyes:
It's likely they will look at volume per seller. If an individual constantly has many for sale ads up for months or years, that would likely raise the chances of getting scrutinized.

Yup, who's great at figuring out if you've paid taxes or unreported income? The IRS..... who would be good at figuring if a sellers acct have the volume and the profit margin to go after? Probably the IRS again...
And they would love to shut down the classifieds here and elsewhere. That might only take finding a few cases of sellers illegally selling without an FFL.

Good question. They could look at MSRP, Wholesale prices, and FFL/pawn shop prices/purchases and then look at your sales prices in the classifieds among others... and figure how much "profit" you're looking to make ?
Yeah, I've been thinking about this situation since reading this thread. The enormity of the task considering the scope of gun ownership makes this highly impractical. Mainly, there is no systematic means of tracking firearms through the "system." Tracking individual gun sales involves a lot of handwork which federal agencies do not have, and which state and local agencies don't typically have to support such investigations. They devote these resources to tracking major crime events but it just isn't there for routine snooping. Systems of accountability vary from state to state; level of accountability for handguns vs. long guns usually differs. Over time, transfers fall through the cracks and audit trails disappear. So it seems to me this new proposal is more about having a mechanism for targeting specific individuals rather than for routine policing of gun commerce. The idea of comparing notes on profits or losses incurred from personal firearm sales is absurd and completely impractical. Until a national gun registry is put into effect, this kind of thing is only a tool for prosecution.

I keep reading stories why the beuacrats are panicked and making new rules. Not only do we have 10 million criminals who crossed our border but they can't handle the ones here.

"Austin police in Texas are asking residents to call 311 if they get robbed near an ATM as the department struggles amid an increase in urban crime and staffing shortages.

The Austin Police Department posted a graphic in a post on X, formerly known as Twitter, to urge residents to call 311 or make an online report if they're robbed – 311 is a number usually used for non-emergency requests, as opposed to 911.

"Even if you are cautious & follow all the safety advice, you may still become the unfortunate victim of a robbery," the Austin Police Department wrote on X. "Do you know what your next steps should be?"
"Make a police report & provide as much information as possible so we can recover your property quickly and safely," the post added."

You may have sold a firearm for a higher dollar value than you paid years ago, but if inflation is factored in, it may be a loss.

Bruce

Really depends on where you live, some areas arrest very few criminals.

Its OK, I am learning Chinese and Russian, for the eventual hand over from Brandon.

Dems do not take away anything we don't freely allow.

The 2nd Amendment , was put in place for a Tyrannical Government.
So things must be going great for gun owners not to oppose in mass, or even worry about voting.
No Tyranny here folks.

I see this stuff and chuckle, and go well we did it to our selves.
I just sit back, grab a box of popcorn and watch the s^^t show.

Argus.

If it means scalpers will have to report their earnings after only $600? I don't think many people would have an issue with that... in addition to the IRS asking E-Bay, Paypal and other online/web payment processors to report to them if the accounts generated more than $600 in income?

Sounds the same as selling a car through Craigslist makes you a car dealer. Obviously, it doesn't 🙄.

There's so much omitted about these shootings but, hey, let's change gun laws to get government off the hook for those lives lost to incompetence. Uvalde, children were still alive with government standing by (among other issues with that shooting). The article used that example.

This isn't public safety. It's overreach. Individuals have been safely selling and trading guns for decades. Keeping dangerous people incarcerated is actually the government's responsibility and public safety.

They know. They just don't care what the constitution says. Covid lockdowns taught them to grab as much power as they can, and grind down the plaintiffs and the courts with unlimited taxpayer money.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews