JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good to know. Makes ya wonder about the US foods too.

Do not buy anything from China or made with Chinese ingredients. I used to like shrimp until I found out where most of them come from and what they are fed in those ponds over there.

Now its only gulf shrimp or those off the North Pacific coast from the US to Alaska.
You know you cannot buy canned mushrooms that are not made there from all we found, and same with mandarin oranges and many other things. s hard to know where the ingredients of many things come from as well though. I really want full disclosure labeling on my damned food and my dogs foods.

Yeah my wife is anti China and when it comes to food don't even try. I will not buy anything food wise that comes from over seas.....

Most things we eat are called dog treats here. This Alaskan Mal Giant eats about all but the house and furniture LOL.

Yep the same at my place. Our little one eats lettuce, carrots, cucumbers..... if you put it in your mouth she will try it.....

Yeah my wife is anti China and when it comes to food don't even try. I will not buy anything food wise that comes from over seas.....

Yes, we are 100% label readers and even if there is doubt it stays in the store for some other sucker.
You have a very smart wife :D

Do not buy anything from China or made with Chinese ingredients.

Go ahead and add Chile, Mexico, Argentina or just about any foreign country.

All these countries import huge amounts of produce and other agricultural products to the US, especially in the winter, both fresh and processed. These countries all use pesticide products that are no longer labeled for use in the US. Many of these classes of chemicals have not been used in the US in years, yet are still sold to these other countries, with little or no regulations, and questionable application methods.

Less than 2% of all incoming imported agricultural products are inspected in the US. That leaves 98% uninspected or tested for pesticide residue. And as far as domestic production, canned foods are low quality grades that do not or cannot make the fresh or IQF market.

We get no produce from foreign countries, try to eat as organically as possible, and grow the majority of our vegetables and fruits, buy only grass fed Angus beef or elk, organic chicken and our own eggs, and fish we catch.

Processed foods with more than 5 ingredients on the label are bad for you, and the crap the American people eat and drink, ( whats up tap water ???), sodas are the cause of more health problems than anything else, add in all the big pharma drugs and well...you get the picture.

And this is coming form a guy who at one time in my career was a licensed pesticide consultant and agricultural field consultant. Late in my career, I finally embraced the organic and natural methods and have never looked back.

Same here, ABSOLUTELY no foodstuffs from China enter our house, PERIOD. Remember the (Chinese made) pet food contamination episode that killed a LOT of pets?

We shop at Safeway for most of our groceries, and in the fresh produce section we're always looking at the stickers for the country of origin. We buy USA first, Canada second, Mexico third but ONLY if there's nothing else and we wash the SHEITE out of that in the sink beforehand... oftentimes we'll just do without instead, if it comes down to it.

As for drink... cuppa coffee in the morning, then it's usually water and/or unsweetened iced tea during the day, and a large glass of milk with dinner... and the occassional beer and/or whiskey for desert. ;)

Yeah all fruit goes into a water vinegar bath at our house before being consumed..... I have a produce market real close that buys mostly local product so am pretty good with that. Just have to eat it quick as I think they get he stuff ready to turn sometimes.

Same here, ABSOLUTELY no foodstuffs from China enter our house, PERIOD. Remember the (Chinese made) pet food contamination episode that killed a LOT of pets?

We shop at Safeway for most of our groceries, and in the fresh produce section we're always looking at the stickers for the country of origin. We buy USA first, Canada second, Mexico third but ONLY if there's nothing else and we wash the SHEITE out of that in the sink beforehand... oftentimes we'll just do without instead, if it comes down to it.

As for drink... cuppa coffee in the morning, then it's usually water and/or unsweetened iced tea during the day, and a large glass of milk with dinner... and the occassional beer and/or whiskey for desert. ;)

Yep I like the do without part beyond the US and Canada. Mexico NO, Some South American High altitude stuff ok sometimes. China, and Countries in the region, forget it.
Those that like shrimp, they feed human waste to it there in their shrimp ponds. :(:(:(:(:(

Yeah all fruit goes into a water vinegar bath at our house before being consumed..... I have a produce market real close that buys mostly local product so am pretty good with that. Just have to eat it quick as I think they get he stuff ready to turn sometimes.

Yep same here with the vinegar bath. Yep the local stuff.

If you like Talapia fish.... you better watch the episode of Dirty Jobs.... they feed on their own poo..... BLECK!

Yep they do unless you get non farm ones but hard to trust the labeling even anymore.
I like cod, halibut, salmon (NO farm raised), No farm raised fish of any kind.
Hell I would eat willy river carp before I would eat farm raised fish of any kind.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top