Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Dog Owners beware AGAIN !

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by U201491, Apr 8, 2015.

1. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

2. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

Good to know. Makes ya wonder about the US foods too.

U201491 likes this.
  3. spectra

spectra The Couve Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

sailorfej, mrblond and U201491 like this.
  4. U201491

Do not buy anything from China or made with Chinese ingredients. I used to like shrimp until I found out where most of them come from and what they are fed in those ponds over there.

Now its only gulf shrimp or those off the North Pacific coast from the US to Alaska.
    You know you cannot buy canned mushrooms that are not made there from all we found, and same with mandarin oranges and many other things. s hard to know where the ingredients of many things come from as well though. I really want full disclosure labeling on my damned food and my dogs foods.

NoFlinch, Sgt Nambu and spectra like this.
  5. U201491

Most things we eat are called dog treats here. This Alaskan Mal Giant eats about all but the house and furniture LOL.

spectra likes this.
  6. spectra

Yeah my wife is anti China and when it comes to food don't even try. I will not buy anything food wise that comes from over seas.....

NoFlinch, Stomper and U201491 like this.
  7. spectra

Yep the same at my place. Our little one eats lettuce, carrots, cucumbers..... if you put it in your mouth she will try it.....

U201491 likes this.
  8. U201491

Yes, we are 100% label readers and even if there is doubt it stays in the store for some other sucker.
    You have a very smart wife :D

NoFlinch, Sgt Nambu and spectra like this.
  9. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

I like to get a big rack of beef ribs, Fred loves the bones :):):p:p

DOH!! I've been readin Flinches post too much.

NoFlinch likes this.
  10. CoastRange57

CoastRange57 Western Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Go ahead and add Chile, Mexico, Argentina or just about any foreign country.

All these countries import huge amounts of produce and other agricultural products to the US, especially in the winter, both fresh and processed. These countries all use pesticide products that are no longer labeled for use in the US. Many of these classes of chemicals have not been used in the US in years, yet are still sold to these other countries, with little or no regulations, and questionable application methods.

Less than 2% of all incoming imported agricultural products are inspected in the US. That leaves 98% uninspected or tested for pesticide residue. And as far as domestic production, canned foods are low quality grades that do not or cannot make the fresh or IQF market.

We get no produce from foreign countries, try to eat as organically as possible, and grow the majority of our vegetables and fruits, buy only grass fed Angus beef or elk, organic chicken and our own eggs, and fish we catch.

Processed foods with more than 5 ingredients on the label are bad for you, and the crap the American people eat and drink, ( whats up tap water ???), sodas are the cause of more health problems than anything else, add in all the big pharma drugs and well...you get the picture.

And this is coming form a guy who at one time in my career was a licensed pesticide consultant and agricultural field consultant. Late in my career, I finally embraced the organic and natural methods and have never looked back.

NoFlinch, Sgt Nambu and U201491 like this.
  11. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Same here, ABSOLUTELY no foodstuffs from China enter our house, PERIOD. Remember the (Chinese made) pet food contamination episode that killed a LOT of pets?

We shop at Safeway for most of our groceries, and in the fresh produce section we're always looking at the stickers for the country of origin. We buy USA first, Canada second, Mexico third but ONLY if there's nothing else and we wash the SHEITE out of that in the sink beforehand... oftentimes we'll just do without instead, if it comes down to it.

As for drink... cuppa coffee in the morning, then it's usually water and/or unsweetened iced tea during the day, and a large glass of milk with dinner... and the occassional beer and/or whiskey for desert. ;)

U201491 likes this.
  12. spectra

Yeah all fruit goes into a water vinegar bath at our house before being consumed..... I have a produce market real close that buys mostly local product so am pretty good with that. Just have to eat it quick as I think they get he stuff ready to turn sometimes.

U201491 likes this.
  13. U201491

Yep I like the do without part beyond the US and Canada. Mexico NO, Some South American High altitude stuff ok sometimes. China, and Countries in the region, forget it.
    Those that like shrimp, they feed human waste to it there in their shrimp ponds. :(:(:(:(:(

14. U201491

Yep same here with the vinegar bath. Yep the local stuff.

15. Stomper

If you like Talapia fish.... you better watch the episode of Dirty Jobs.... they feed on their own poo..... BLECK!

Sgt Nambu, Swedish K and U201491 like this.
  16. U201491

Yep they do unless you get non farm ones but hard to trust the labeling even anymore.
    I like cod, halibut, salmon (NO farm raised), No farm raised fish of any kind.
    Hell I would eat willy river carp before I would eat farm raised fish of any kind.

NoFlinch and Sgt Nambu like this.
  17. Stomper

Just don't eat them Willy River squishy brown trout after a really heavy rain! :D

spectra likes this.
  18. U201491

Actually I don't eat Willy River anything unless it swims in from the Ocean. Salmon and Steelhead or smelt is all. :D

19. spectra

I have went to that river once in my life and am done with it.....sorry but when you can not see the bottom in a foot of water :eek:

20. Stomper

You "smelt" the Willy River?! o_O:D

U201491 likes this.