JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
SAD!
I own several Ruger rifles, 6 are M-77's or Hawkeye Guides, and 5 Ruger Pistols, a MK-II and a MK-IV .22 Pistols, a Super Six convertible, and 2 original untouched Old Army's! ALL have been amazing in both quality and accuracy, and those Old Army's are simply awesome! Folks don't realize what it takes to hand fit those pistols, time them precisely, and they hand brush the finish in a uniform single direction with out getting any wavy or uneven "Grain" in that finish, ask any smith worthy of calling themselves smith's, that's a LOT of work by hand! Those Stainless Hawkeye Guides are not sand blasted, or coated, they are also hand brushed the same way, and the finish on them is also flawless! fluke, I think not!

Sadly, I have heard more and more bad about Rugers quality and issues that should have never made it off the factory floor,, and that upsets me, I really like my Rugers, but might be rethinking ever purchasing a new one, instead looking for an older, proven one!

I had a bcg issue with an AR556 that they fixed by sending me a new bolt carrier. Also last year the LCP I purchased from them left the factory without he retention pins that keep the fire control group in the frame. Same deal, they sent me the parts and a few mags for the trouble.
All said, I've been looking for a P89 in .45 for a while. I like ruger. Still haven't had the problems with them I've had with other manufacturers, and I still like those products too.
Off topic, I have a P89 9mm that I very much enjoy shooting and a P95 .45 I bought brand new when it first came out and still have not shot. I just enjoy the 9mm so much.

This is just part of the problem. The other side of that coin is people don't want to pay for quality work.

I have a small woodworking business. I've made everything from custom cabinets to children's toys. It's all handmade and quality materials cost good money. Cost wise I can't compete with Ikea furniture or stuff coming out of Asia. So my market is very limited. The customers that spend the money understand they are getting a quality, made in America, product.... but most people would rather buy a junk particle board piece made in China because it cost less.

In my opinion the drop in quality across all industries over the past 50 years shares equal blame between Companies that cut corners...and customers that are unwilling to spend the money on high quality lasting items
Couldn't agree more.

There are many Ruger Firearms in my family. Everyone one of them has fired reliably from round 1 on which one exception. I have and SR22 that has a bad magazine. It frequently fails to feed. The other four magazines for that pistol work perfectly every time. The Mini30 works and works and works. The PC Carbine works and works and works. My revolvers work and work and work. Although I a sure there are some slips in Ruger quality, I suspect they are are on the low end of failures across all manufacturers.

Ruger is the largest manufacture of firearms in the US and is a budget brand. So yea you will hear about them just like you will hear more complaints about Ford or Chevy more than Saab or Porche.

Yes, Ruger has a problem.., understanding that a trigger needs to be light and crisp, not heavy, mushy, and gritty. Every single Ruger I have ever owned has had a garbage trigger. The fact that they sell the bx25 trigger should be an embarrassment to their company.

I have a dozen Rugers , problems with one fixed fine one time and works well now. It was a Ruger American Compact Pistol, fail hard at 20 rounds, who knows why, I am not afraid to buy a Ruger,

In the last 10 years, I have had to return 2 brand new Single action revolvers, 1 new double action revolver and 1 new mini-14 rifle. I have also had to send back to Kel-tec my Sub2000 for a barrel recall. All my Ruger's were bought online because they weren't available locally. If I had been able to inspect the revolvers I would have passed on them. The rifle looked good until it wouldn't function When I shot it. Ruger fixed them but ........

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews