JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I hope I'm wrong but as far as I understand it, a completed lower and upper, as long as they're not sold as a "completed" (i.e. pinned together) rifle it's fine to sell the two halves without the 10 day, even though as soon as you're bought them you can click them together. Pass the usual bgc and same-day delivery. They can't have ever been a completed rifle at the FFL, only two halves that are separate assemblies and not a "rifle".
Hmmm... not so sure about that. The BATFE considers a functional lower a "firearm", whether or not it is paired with an upper.
This position has already been tested and "the jury is no longer out" on that position. See ATF Rule 2015-1 for more details.
That's why you can (still) buy 80% lowers without a BGC and have them delivered to your door, since they are NOT considered functional/completed firearms.
Yet...

Last Edited:
I was also curious about that. Also will high-cap mags become law soon?
That POS legislation (SSB 5062) did not make it through Committee for a floor vote before the end of the Session, so it died in Committee.
That being said, expect it's resurrection in the next session.

Last Edited:
See the thread below, for a discussion on the significance of the 1 July 2020 date. Haven't heard for sure whether Washington State is prepared

That POS legislation did not make it through Committee for a floor vote before the end of the Session, so it died in Committee.
That being said, expect it's resurrection in the next session.
I heard that the ghost bill thing Ferguson brought up made it so it's still relevant and can pass? A friend of a friend who owns a local gun shop said to definitely expect the mag ban thing to pass Nov, I hope he is wrong, and excuse my ignorance and lack of research as well, just sharing what I've heard. I was apt to go buy 10- 30rd pmags just to make sure Iwas grand fathered.

Hmmm... not so sure about that. The BATFE considers a functional lower a "firearm", whether or not it is paired with an upper.
This position has already been tested and "the jury is no longer out" on that position. See ATF Rule 2015-1 for more details.
That's why you can (still) buy 80% lowers without a BGC and have them delivered to your door, since they are NOT considered functional/completed firearms.
Yet...
As the lower, completed or not is a Firearm, it of course requires the bgc, but unless it's a Completed rifle it isn't subject to the 10-day waiting period. That's the way it was explained to me. I wouldn't be surprised if the counter guys didn't understand it clearly either, but I just bought a lower today and I'm not subject to the wait beyond the usual bgc. If I'd waited for the check to go through I could have it now but I had other things to do than wait around.

1. The "ghost gun" ban did not pass out of committee either. It is dead for this session. Expect its resurrection in the next session.
2. The "high-cap mag" ban also did not pass out of committee. Same state as Item 1.

That being said, I would go buy as many 30-rounders as you can afford right now, as well as 80% lowers for both AR-platform rifles and for pistols as well.
I have 50+ 30-rounders (not to mention 20s, 40s, and drums) and several unfinished 80% lowers, parts kits, and uppers, so I think I'm all good. For now...

There were so damned many of these Draconian BS bills in the last session, I had a hard time following them all.
But I know the "high-cap mag" ban and "ghost gun" ban bills never made it to a vote.
The bastards even tried a back-door run-around with the high-cap mag ban, trying to attach it to some other legislation as an "emergency provision", but that effort got quashed as well. These bastards in Olympia will stop at nothing to strip us of our rights.

Last Edited:
As the lower, completed or not is a Firearm, it of course requires the bgc, but unless it's a Completed rifle it isn't subject to the 10-day waiting period. That's the way it was explained to me. I wouldn't be surprised if the counter guys didn't understand it clearly either, but I just bought a lower today and I'm not subject to the wait beyond the usual bgc. If I'd waited for the check to go through I could have it now but I had other things to do than wait around.
From what I just read in the thread that @Dungannon linked, it would appear that there is a difference in the federal law vs. WA State law. The feds already required a BCG to purchase a finished lower, but there is no waiting period. However, the 10-day waiting period BS will be a tack-on from WA State after June 30, 2020.
So yeah, the days of the "BGC-pay-go" for finished lowers ends on June 30, 2020.

Last Edited:
1. The "ghost gun" ban did not pass out of committee either. It is dead for this session. Expect its resurrection in the next session.
2. The "high-cap mag" ban also did not pass out of committee. Same state as Item 1.

That being said, I would go buy as many mags as you can afford right now.
I have 50+ 30-rounders (not to mention 20s, 40s, and drums), so I think I'm all good. For now...
Oh okay, for some reason my buddy had me convinced high-cap mags would be illegal in Nov in WA. If you're saying no, that reduces my urgency. Probably will still go buy some. What is an appropriate price for a 10 pack of pmags 30-rd?

Oh okay, for some reason my buddy had me convinced high-cap mags would be illegal in Nov in WA. If you're saying no, that reduces my urgency. Probably will still go buy some. What is an appropriate price for a 10 pack of pmags 30-rd?
Look on places like GunMagWarehouse and PSA. You can find deals where they will run you about $10 or less per mag in bulk packages.
Seems like PSA is always running "weekend deals" where you can get 1,000 rds of Lake City/Federal M-193 ball and a 10-pack of 30-rd P-mags for about $300 (sometimes as low as $250 after a rebate). That's like $10/mag and $0.20/rd when you break it down. The ammo is new, not reman'ed, too.

Last Edited:
I have 12 guns at present, but yet to buy an AR. So an entry level AR, probably the Ruger MPR. A glock G5 G19, I have a p226 MK25 which I love, but something beckons about that glock, and a ruger mark IV hunter Hunter. The AR interest was namely because of the potential high cap magazine ban in WA, and so although I enjoy shooting them, I never owned one. I'm considering a move out of WA as well, so I figure the procurement will be much easier now than being somewhere new.
The Ruger MPR is fantastic. Even my wife and 16 year old enjoy shooting it. The youngster LOVES to mag dump the last 20-30 rounds of the day. Surprisingly, not too bad for accuracy when he's squeezing/pulling hat trigger as fast as he can.

Look on places like GunMagWarehouse and PSA. You can find deals where they will run you about $10 or less per mag in bulk packages.
Seems like PSA is always running "weekend deals" where you can get 1,000 rds of Lake City/Federal M-193 ball and a 10-pack of 30-rd P-mags for about $300 (sometimes as low as $250 after a rebate).
This sale is going on right now over at GMW: 10-pack 30-rd P-MAG Gen 2, $105
On the right sidebar of the same page, there is a 6-pack on sale for $70 if that's more within your budget.
Either way, go gitchoo sum!

Like I said above, deals from certain sites can get you these for about $10 each, on average.

Last Edited:
Carnac.jpg
Carnac the Magnificent holds up the hermetically sealed envelope to his forehead and announces to the gathered audience, "When the coughing stops."

Ed repeats, "When the coughing stops."

Then Carnac tears open the envelope and reads the question inside.....
"Does anyone know when firearms will return to pre-pandemic availability and prices?"

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I hope I'm wrong but as far as I understand it, a completed lower and upper, as long as they're not sold as a "completed" (i.e. pinned together) rifle it's fine to sell the two halves without the 10 day, even though as soon as you're bought them you can click them together. Pass the usual bgc and same-day delivery. They can't have ever been a completed rifle at the FFL, only two halves that are separate assemblies and not a "rifle".
Assuming you mean the "assault weapon" wait in WA? If so yes. So far lowers are sold as a firearm, not a magic assault weapon. The law was written super poorly by people who do not know a gun from a hammer so they missed this. If you are going to make that lower a pistol here you also avoid the wait for hand gun here. So all in all in WA buying the lower as a lower is by far the fastest and easiest way for now.

A LOT will depend on the next election. If gun owners still sit home and help those who want to take guns win? Price will spike again big time. Along with another panic shortage.

The Ruger MPR is fantastic. Even my wife and 16 year old enjoy shooting it. The youngster LOVES to mag dump the last 20-30 rounds of the day. Surprisingly, not too bad for accuracy when he's squeezing/pulling hat trigger as fast as he can.
I was checked out with that gun on locked and loaded recently at $559 when they were running a special, but it seems i was hours late, and someone had beaten me to the punch. I'm not so thrilled about them costing $200 more on average now, but I supposed I deserve the penalty of my waiting. When they come back to reasonable prices I will buy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top