JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi All,

I have several guns (3) I am looking to purchase and curious if anyone has any forecasts for then guns will be available and not priced-to-gouge? I had been eyeing these guns for many months prior to the Covid evolution, and now the scarcity is making me really regret not just buying earlier. Any thoughts are appreciated, thanks.

I have no crystal ball, psychic powers, nor tarot cards, so I can't help you with your query.
My suggestion would be to allow the laws of supply and demand to run their course.
One day, prices will moderate, as they always do in a market-based economy such as ours.
To try and pin a date as to when that will occur is a fool's errand.

Welcome to the Board, by the way...

Its going to be a while before the market calms and is saturated again.
Covid should NOT have kickstarted the panic but it did due new gun owners feeling like it was the end of the world or something.. The panic should have came with the national election as it typically does. The covid thing just started it sooner with waves of new owners coming into the scene.

Depending on the election,the market will drastically calm if:
1. Trump is re-elected, regardless of who anyone supports (yadda yadda yadda not getting political), just pointing out that most people will calm down if Trump is in office another 4 years.
If anyone but Trump is elected expect an all out fire sale and for things to not level off for quite some time due to the panic of not knowing what the new sitting pres will do.. The panic of knowing an elected, outspoken anti gun president such as Biden or anyone else will only make things worse just as we saw in 2008 and 2012 though not many anti firearm laws were enacted.

2. If there are no shootings. Lord knows that is the one thing that ALWAYS spikes sales of mags, ammo and firearms as it takes 1-6 weeks for the news cycle to drop said shooting as a headline focus. Pair that with a new shooting and anti gun laws used as political legerage and fodder and you can quickly see it may force some pointless legislation through.. perhaps not nationally.. bur locally for sure.

I wish I had better news for you man.. but this boat set sail in March and wont be back to port for quite some time. Luckily its not too bad as things can still be found online and locally with only some effort and consistency.. And now (unlike in 2008) stores have policies enacted limiting ammo box purchases which saves some ammo on the shelf for average folks.

Keep checking forums, that is the best bet. Make firearms, mags and ammo a priority to acquire.. otherwise you may miss the affordable available window. This market is really rocky.
Id also post an add on here for specific wanted items or firearms and take note of the Itrader rating of members on this forum. It lets you know who does good business and who has been around long enough to buy/sell and ship without issue with you, its a fantastic feature and a good way of vetting for the weary.

The prices may rise. But we still arent in gouge season yet.. that comes towards the election. Get what you still wish to get now as Washington will no doubt further attack your rights this coming year.. and the next and the next.

Last Edited:
The @ZA_Survivalist speaks the truth.
Seek to acquire your arms from private sales, as I would expect there to be more of a market-based reasonableness to the pricing, as opposed to most brick & mortar retail stores for the near-term.
If you are determined to buy from retailers, whether they be B&M or online, you may need to scale back your expectations of three guns and focus on just one or two if you want them right now.
Decide what features/attributes in a gun mean the most to you in the near-term, and purchase accordingly. Otherwise, wait until prices come back down.

Lastly, since you indicated that you had been eyeing these firearms for months, learn the meaning of the following words: carpe diem

Last Edited:
Might need to Order them on line and have them shipped to your preferred FFL for the transfer, not the cheapest way to go about things, but it may be the only near term solution to your needs, NOW!

Just grabbed an Anderson lower from Sound Pawn; I don't really need it but it's better to have it if I decide to build it out later. For those of us in North Kalifornication with 1639 and the new --long string of expletives deleted-- requirements for an extra fee on top of FFL transfers of complete firearms ($18 or $22 for WHAT children???!!!), July 1 is coming up FAST! Git' em while the gittin's good!

As has been said, make your priorities, but expect premium prices perhaps even for the longer term, as we are in a presidential election year.

You've already gotten good advice here. Some items are still available at reasonable prices online. Diligence will be the key, when you find a deal, don't hesitate...

And indeed, post gun wanted ads here on the forum. Welcome to the greatest firearms forum on the inter webs!

July 1 is coming up FAST! Git' em while the gittin's good!
What happens on July 1? My reading of this BS law is that everything already took effect last July 1 (2019). See Section 17 of the initiative.
Is there something new our overlords tacked on here, unbeknownst to us serfs??

7097366541_afdd15c84a_b.jpg

So you must tell us.

What guns?
I have 12 guns at present, but yet to buy an AR. So an entry level AR, probably the Ruger MPR. A glock G5 G19, I have a p226 MK25 which I love, but something beckons about that glock, and a ruger mark IV hunter Hunter. The AR interest was namely because of the potential high cap magazine ban in WA, and so although I enjoy shooting them, I never owned one. I'm considering a move out of WA as well, so I figure the procurement will be much easier now than being somewhere new.

Its going to be a while before the market calms and is saturated again.
Covid should NOT have kickstarted the panic but it did due new gun owners feeling like it was the end of the world or something.. The panic should have came with the national election as it typically does. The covid thing just started it sooner with waves of new owners coming into the scene.

Depending on the election,the market will drastically calm if:
1. Trump is re-elected, regardless of who anyone supports (yadda yadda yadda not getting political), just pointing out that most people will calm down if Trump is in office another 4 years.
If anyone but Trump is elected expect an all out fire sale and for things to not level off for quite some time due to the panic of not knowing what the new sitting pres will do.. The panic of knowing an elected, outspoken anti gun president such as Biden or anyone else will only make things worse just as we saw in 2008 and 2012 though not many anti firearm laws were enacted.

2. If there are no shootings. Lord knows that is the one thing that ALWAYS spikes sales of mags, ammo and firearms as it takes 1-6 weeks for the news cycle to drop said shooting as a headline focus. Pair that with a new shooting and anti gun laws used as political legerage and fodder and you can quickly see it may force some pointless legislation through.. perhaps not nationally.. bur locally for sure.

I wish I had better news for you man.. but this boat set sail in March and wont be back to port for quite some time. Luckily its not too bad as things can still be found online and locally with only some effort and consistency.. And now (unlike in 2008) stores have policies enacted limiting ammo box purchases which saves some ammo on the shelf for average folks.

Keep checking forums, that is the best bet. Make firearms, mags and ammo a priority to acquire.. otherwise you may miss the affordable available window. This market is really rocky.
Id also post an add on here for specific wanted items or firearms and take note of the Itrader rating of members on this forum. It lets you know who does good business and who has been around long enough to buy/sell and ship without issue with you, its a fantastic feature and a good way of vetting for the weary.

The prices may rise. But we still arent in gouge season yet.. that comes towards the election. Get what you still wish to get now as Washington will no doubt further attack your rights this coming year.. and the next and the next.
Very thoughtful and thorough response!

I'm considering a move out of WA as well, so I figure the procurement will be much easier now than being somewhere new.
Good thinkin'... Get it while you have an established residency history here, rather than waiting to establish a residency history at your new location which could take as much as 6 months. :s0155:

What happens on July 1? My reading of this BS law is that everything already took effect last July 1 (2019). See Section 17 of the initiative.
I was also curious about that. Also will high-cap mags become law soon?

As I was told by the gun counter guys, after that date things like lowers are going to be subject to the same 10-day waiting period as complete rifles/semiautos. No more waiting to clear bgc and go.

As I was told by the gun counter guys, after that date things like lowers are going to be subject to the same 10-day waiting period as complete rifles/semiautos. No more waiting to clear bgc and go.
Where is that contained within the legislation/initiative? By that I mean, what section?
I just went through it and don't see that restriction (although I don't doubt you, given the jackbooted thugs that wrote this POS initiative).

ETA: Section 4, WAITING PERIOD, Para. 2 covers the new 10-day waiting period for "semiautomatic assault rifles". Given that any finished lower is a "firearm" as defined by the BATFE, it would seem that a finished lower for a "semiautomatic assault rifle" would also constitute a firearm, and hence already be subject to the 10-day waiting period for "semiautomatic assault rifles" as prescribed by WA State.

Unless there was some sort on injunction of which I am not aware, it would seem that this waiting period is already in effect for lowers as well as finished firearms since last July 1. Perhaps an FFL here would care to clarify that. If I am wrong, I'll happily admit it..

Last Edited:
Where is that contained within the legislation/initiative? By that I mean, what section?
I just went through it and don't see that restriction (although I don't doubt you, given the jackbooted thugs that wrote this POS initiative).

ETA: Section 4, WAITING PERIOD, Para. 2 covers the new 10-day waiting period for "semiautomatic assault rifles". Given that any finished lower is a "firearm" as defined by the BATFE, it would seem that a finished lower for a "semiautomatic assault rifle" would also constitute a firearm, and hence already be subject to the 10-day waiting period for "semiautomatic assault rifles" as prescribed by WA State.

Unless there was some sort on injunction of which I am not aware, it would seem that this waiting period is already in effect for lowers as well as finished firearms since last July 1. Perhaps an FFL here would care to clarify that. If I am wrong, I'll happily admit it..
I hope I'm wrong but as far as I understand it, a completed lower and upper, as long as they're not sold as a "completed" (i.e. pinned together) rifle it's fine to sell the two halves without the 10 day, even though as soon as you're bought them you can click them together. Pass the usual bgc and same-day delivery. They can't have ever been a completed rifle at the FFL, only two halves that are separate assemblies and not a "rifle".

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews