JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a question for you please. I do not mean this as a rude question.

If you don't like or really are that interested in an AR rifle - why even put it on your list? You state this in your post.

Buy what you are interested in and really love to shoot!

Don't buy something that does not interest you just because you THINK that you should have one just because everyone else owns one or tells you that you should own one NO matter if it is a firearm or any other tool or object.

Old Lady Cate
Its one thing to not be interested in an AR now if you know you can get one at any time you might become interested. Its another thing if not getting one now means you wont ever be able to have one. Im guessing lots of ARs are getting bought because of the threat of their becoming illegal to manufacture or sell.

Its one thing to not be interested in an AR now if you know you can get one at any time you might become interested. Its another thing if not getting one now means you wont ever be able to have one. Im guessing lots of ARs are getting bought because of the threat of their becoming illegal to manufacture or sell.

I guess that I think differently because they never tripped my trigger therefore I would not want one for myself. Ban or no ban - if I don't LIKE something or how it suits me, I don't buy it.

I do NOT want any firearm banned so that is not what I mean when it comes to this one.

I have shot a few of them and I personally don't think that they are so great.

I do not think that they are PRETTY even though I do love simple, plain, black Glock 'plastic' pistols and other types of wood/steel firearms.

I did kind of talk my MT husband into getting one years ago, 2007 or so?, a plain one from SW. (Bushmaster - Made in Maine brand.) I was worried that IF he ever wanted one and could not buy one that he might regret it. He was thinking about it so he did not need too much of a push. LOL

It was a sweet, plain rifle but he never BONDED with it. LOL It was a tack driver. Nothing wrong with it but he tended to shoot his bolt action rifles, a few other former semi automatic rifles and his lever action rifles MORE.

So eventually he sold it and got his money out of it. NO loss even if he did not JACK up the price like they were going for several years ago.

If I was worried about a future BAN and wanted a higher capacity firearm and still shot handguns... I would PICK a Glock pistol over an AR rifle any day. The Glock 19 comes standard with a 15 round magazine or it did not that long ago. I have no clue what it is now as of today. Get a couple of extra Glock brand magazines for it.

A Glock was my first handgun in the late 90's. Great semi automatic pistol!

My feeling is if you don't like or love some object especially in a GUN, knife, truck or car from the gitgo - you will not really use it or like/love it as much as your other guns or objects or tools in your life. You will not be as happy with it like when you fall in love with a specific Glock, S&W d/a revolver, Ruger s/a revolver, bolt or lever action rifle, etc.

Cate

I guess that I think differently because they never tripped my trigger therefore I would not want one for myself. Ban or no ban - if I don't LIKE something or how it suits me, I don't buy it.

I do NOT want any firearm banned so that is not what I mean when it comes to this one.

I have shot a few of them and I personally don't think that they are so great.

I do not think that they are PRETTY even though I do love simple, plain, black Glock 'plastic' pistols and other types of wood/steel firearms.

I did kind of talk my MT husband into getting one years ago, 2007 or so?, a plain one from SW. (Bushmaster - Made in Maine brand.) I was worried that IF he ever wanted one and could not buy one that he might regret it. He was thinking about it so he did not need too much of a push. LOL

It was a sweet, plain rifle but he never BONDED with it. LOL It was a tack driver. Nothing wrong with it but he tended to shoot his bolt action rifles, a few other former semi automatic rifles and his lever action rifles MORE.

So eventually he sold it and got his money out of it. NO loss even if he did not JACK up the price like they were going for several years ago.

If I was worried about a future BAN and wanted a higher capacity firearm and still shot handguns... I would PICK a Glock pistol over an AR rifle any day. The Glock 19 comes standard with a 15 round magazine or it did not that long ago. I have no clue what it is now as of today. Get a couple of extra Glock brand magazines for it.

A Glock was my first handgun in the late 90's. Great semi automatic pistol!

My feeling is if you don't like or love some object especially in a GUN, knife, truck or car from the gitgo - you will not really use it or like/love it as much as your other guns or objects or tools in your life. You will not be as happy with it like when you fall in love with a specific Glock, S&W d/a revolver, Ruger s/a revolver, bolt or lever action rifle, etc.

Cate
Yeah. I relate. So I dont own an AR, and probably wont, no matter how much our right to buy them gets threatened. They just dont turn me on like a good pre-lock 629 or a Redhawk or Super Redhawk does. And I hate loading magazines. And really enjoy loading revolver cylinders or speedloaders, which for me seems to have contemplative Zen aspects.

I have a question for you please. I do not mean this as a rude question.

If you don't like or really are that interested in an AR rifle - why even put it on your list? You state this in your post.

Buy what you are interested in and really love to shoot!

Don't buy something that does not interest you just because you THINK that you should have one just because everyone else owns one or tells you that you should own one NO matter if it is a firearm or any other tool or object.

Old Lady Cate
I don't take offense. I have been a firearm enthusiast all of my life, and an AR should be part of a diversified gun cabinet. The real reason is that AR's have been in production for an extended duration, and a myriad have been stolen, providing criminals with more options. To put it as succinctly as possible, I want to always be able to neutralize a prospective threat with the same or greater lethal response, A decorated AR in the hands of a person of ill-intent simply outguns my p226, which I love and trust, but it simply not enough. I subscribe to universal law before common law, no one has the right to harm anyone. If someone intends to harm me, I just want to respond appropriately. Why this has become "active" for me is because of the lingering talks of not being able to procure in the future. Until the radical left can manufacture some magic magnet to remove the firearms from criminals, don't try and limit my ability to get one, and even then, read the constitution. Not okay at all. Again, I will sooner buy a top-shelf AR I am unenthused about than be rendered some future victim statistic.

I don't take offense. I have been a firearm enthusiast all of my life, and an AR should be part of a diversified gun cabinet. The real reason is that AR's have been in production for an extended duration, and a myriad have been stolen, providing criminals with more options. To put it as succinctly as possible, I want to always be able to neutralize a prospective threat with the same or greater lethal response, A decorated AR in the hands of a person of ill-intent simply outguns my p226, which I love and trust, but it simply not enough. I subscribe to universal law before common law, no one has the right to harm anyone. If someone intends to harm me, I just want to respond appropriately. Why this has become "active" for me is because of the lingering talks of not being able to procure in the future. Until the radical left can manufacture some magic magnet to remove the firearms from criminals, don't try and limit my ability to get one, and even then, read the constitution. Not okay at all. Again, I will sooner buy a top-shelf AR I am unenthused about than be rendered some future victim statistic.
Also, I love the platform. I have a M&P 15-22 one of the original cool AR platform small caliber rifles. I absolutely love that gun.

Return to pre pandemic prices if:
  • Trump wins in November
  • Republicans retain control of the Senate and/or
  • Republicans gain control of the house
  • No massive COVID-19 rebound, real or imagined.

At that point when the US economy starts to build up steam you will see lower prices. Right now manufacturers are certainly making as many as possible with the current enormous demand (great job once again Remington reading the market completely wrong :rolleyes:)

I just picked up a lower for that same reason. As a collector rather than acquiring for other reasons I've never desired one. That said, I do believe the AR platform is one of the best home defense weapons on the market and with the upcoming election I'd rather already have one than scramble later. Now I just need the rest of the parts...:p

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top