JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If Biden is elected and the Senate flips and the House remains in Democrat hands, then I foresee a never-ending shortage of guns and ammo in our future.

So, in researching this more fully, it now becomes apparent to me that this new restriction was not a part of I-1639 (as I had assumed early in in this thread), but rather a wholly separate and egregious infringement of our 2A rights, passed as SHB 2555, which specifically targets firearms classified as "other".
This would explain why I was unaware of it in the context of the law that grew out of I-1639.
My apologies if I offended anyone in this thread as a result of my original assumption.

The law under discussion, as passed: SHB 2555

Look on places like GunMagWarehouse and PSA. You can find deals where they will run you about $10 or less per mag in bulk packages.
Seems like PSA is always running "weekend deals" where you can get 1,000 rds of Lake City/Federal M-193 ball and a 10-pack of 30-rd P-mags for about $300 (sometimes as low as $250 after a rebate). That's like $10/mag and $0.20/rd when you break it down. The ammo is new, not reman'ed, too.
Also check Grabagun.com and cdnnsports.com, they regularly run mag sales too...

Not that I look for these kinds of things :(

expect premium prices perhaps even for the longer term, as we are in a presidential election year.

Things may go entirely nuts, depending upon the election results. If Trump's poll numbers go south, things could go nuts before that. If he loses, there will be a major panic phase before the inauguration. If Trump wins but the GOP loses the Senate, things will go nuts. In the unlikely case that Trump wins, the GOP keeps the Senate, things will be more of less status quo. In the very unlikely event that Trump wins, GOP keeps the Senate, and regains the House, it will be a happy time but gun stuff panic is likely to slack off greatly.

If Dems succeed in the general election, panic will continue after the inauguration. They won't be able to pass their wish list right away, so panic will swing around for some time during that process. After that, who knows because the exact results of such a political victory are unknowable at this time. My best guess, we will have something like Wash. state or California for the entire country. Possibly NYC but I doubt it would go quite that far right away. They will try to get every possible restriction enacted short of repealing the 2A.

There is plenty of precedent for these thoughts. We've seen some of it during the Obama phase.

Things may go entirely nuts, depending upon the election results. If Trump's poll numbers go south, things could go nuts before that. If he loses, there will be a major panic phase before the inauguration. If Trump wins but the GOP loses the Senate, things will go nuts. In the unlikely case that Trump wins, the GOP keeps the Senate, things will be more of less status quo. In the very unlikely event that Trump wins, GOP keeps the Senate, and regains the House, it will be a happy time but gun stuff panic is likely to slack off greatly.

If Dems succeed in the general election, panic will continue after the inauguration. They won't be able to pass their wish list right away, so panic will swing around for some time during that process. After that, who knows because the exact results of such a political victory are unknowable at this time. My best guess, we will have something like Wash. state or California for the entire country. Possibly NYC but I doubt it would go quite that far right away. They will try to get every possible restriction enacted short of repealing the 2A.

There is plenty of precedent for these thoughts. We've seen some of it during the Obama phase.
Loved this read!

My prediction is a bit more dreary. In the event that the economy does not bounce back rapidly enough, there may be a lot of folks who will be selling their collections to make ends meet. I sincerely hope that I am wrong on this one.

For the thousandth time, an AR's lower receiver by itself is not semi automatic and is not a rifle. Let's not spread FUD that lower receiver = firearm = rifle = semi automatic therefore "semi automatic assault rifle and 1639 applies."

For the thousandth time, an AR's lower receiver by itself is not semi automatic and is not a rifle.
Agreed.

Let's not spread FUD that lower receiver = firearm = rifle = semi automatic therefore "semi automatic assault rifle and 1639 applies."
But not with this, in its entirety. Only that which is emphasized.
The BATFE does indeed consider a finished lower receiver to be a firearm.
See ATF Rule 2015-1 for a complete explanation of its determination.

Last Edited:
1639 is a state law. Yes, federal law treats frames or receivers of firearms differently than state law does. That does not mean we just stir everything into a big pot and say "looks like soup!" In some narrow situations state law borrows from federal law and vice versa. Except for those circumstances the two are separate and do not automatically cross-pollinate. The definition of "semi automatic assault rifle" is defined by state law. I will not say any more here on a forum where the anti-2A groups look for ideas.

According to MidSouth Shooters, article in the Shot Report "What's more, he said that makers of AR-style rifles are sold out. "AR-15s are selling briskly too with some manufacturers completely out of their inventory and only able to sell what they can make in a day," he told us."

What about all of the guns from Canada that are now banned? They have to sell them somewhere. That should help the market prices, at least for used. The guns still in inventory may be headed back to the manufacturers - I hope.

Look on places like GunMagWarehouse and PSA. You can find deals where they will run you about $10 or less per mag in bulk packages.
Seems like PSA is always running "weekend deals" where you can get 1,000 rds of Lake City/Federal M-193 ball and a 10-pack of 30-rd P-mags for about $300 (sometimes as low as $250 after a rebate). That's like $10/mag and $0.20/rd when you break it down. The ammo is new, not reman'ed, too.

Zero center fire ammunition deals around, since March (ish).

Likely won't be any again for a long while. As others figure not until after the election, depending upon whom wins.

AR magazines are currently at around $10-12 ish, depending where & how hard one looks.

If the OP can't find a particular AR he's looking for, may be worthwhile buying a lower and building up something similar.

No opinion on the sidearms, not familiar with those & there particular markets.

That said, long gun should be priority anyhow.

Assuming OP already has carry guns sorted, maybe not what he "wants" but at least something(s) familiar & reliable.

Hi All,

I have several guns (3) I am looking to purchase and curious if anyone has any forecasts for then guns will be available and not priced-to-gouge? I had been eyeing these guns for many months prior to the Covid evolution, and now the scarcity is making me really regret not just buying earlier. Any thoughts are appreciated, thanks.
After the election.

Don't hold your breath my amigo, you'll pass out and miss the whole summer and fall.
The results of the election will either bring the ammo and firearms into reason again or it will send everything into overdrive like it did in the fall of 2007 and the subsequent 8 years after.

This isn't panic pricing:

9390E6B0-3B31-42CA-965C-40CF7EF5B99E.jpeg

Agreed! Not PANdemIC pricing at all! That's a great buy, given the current climate.

That's only about $50 more than it was 3 years ago, a few months after the election. A former subordinate of mine new to ARs came to me with an ad for that same rifle, for $539. I told him if he didn't jump all over that as his first AR, I would fire his azz! :s0140:

@shockd Git on that right now!

Last Edited:
Zero center fire ammunition deals around, since March (ish).

Likely won't be any again for a long while. As others figure not until after the election, depending upon whom wins.

AR magazines are currently at around $10-12 ish, depending where & how hard one looks.

If the OP can't find a particular AR he's looking for, may be worthwhile buying a lower and building up something similar.

No opinion on the sidearms, not familiar with those & there particular markets.

That said, long gun should be priority anyhow.

Assuming OP already has carry guns sorted, maybe not what he "wants" but at least something(s) familiar & reliable.
PPU from Natchez. Good deals on ammo to be had, at least there were if I didn't buy them out. Look at their current flyer:s0140:

I have 12 guns at present, but yet to buy an AR. So an entry level AR, probably the Ruger MPR. A glock G5 G19, I have a p226 MK25 which I love, but something beckons about that glock, and a ruger mark IV hunter Hunter. The AR interest was namely because of the potential high cap magazine ban in WA, and so although I enjoy shooting them, I never owned one. I'm considering a move out of WA as well, so I figure the procurement will be much easier now than being somewhere new.

One way to level the price on the guns you want is to trade for all or part of the price

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top