JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh you poor man. Your savior is here.. there's a motivational pop song on the radio lately.. it's called "Baby I'm Worth Tit!" (they play it about 80 times a day on all the channels).. quite refreshing and inspiring in this day and age.
Go forth. You are worth tit!

worth tit hu? Not sure I am familiar with that particular saying.

Those that say "grow a set" are clearly not married. You marry a smart woman and turns out no matter how much you wear the pants you aint running a damned thing anymore. It is all "up to a vote" in which your vote is just noise and does not really count.
Get used to it or get used to divorce.
The wife thought she ran the family (not bread winner) now she does, by herself.

I buy what I want. I show her most of the guns I've bought. She's not really interested in guns, so unless she asks, I don't volunteer what it cost. I wasn't going to tell her about my first full auto purchase until my son shot his mouth off about "Dad's new machine gun". I was honest and told her what I payed for it, but like all transferables, it has increased in value and I let her know that.

Really, we don't question each other about stuff we buy. We make enough together to be able to afford some discretionary spending with out needing approval from each other. It works for us that we are both on the same page when it comes to finances. We're thrifty, usually.

I'm lucky, my wife has an AWESOME Australian accent, thinks I work hard and should get the "few" things that I want as long as the bills are paid, and on the rare times she gets annoyed because I bought a "gadget" I always mention it was still cheaper than what she's spent on cigarettes over the last year.... argument over right there! o_O

Aussie women are the BEST! :D

"grow a sack" is another way of saying "I never get any and talk out of my a$$".

Married men may say it but only when there is no chance the wife is looking. I get a little hint of fear just typing it.....She is like homeland defense. Type a couple key words and it alerts her....I am so scared right now.

Oh BULL! I tell my wife whenever I buy a gun and we've been married 44 years. When my payday rolls around I take $200 right off the top! No secret, she has a seperate account too. The $200 per month allows me to purchase a gun every three to five months. She wanted me to get out from under foot at the club so she bought me a case of Winchester white box, this is a new angle that I'm studying! How much is too much me? A fine line, I think!

Some people will get butthurt after this comment but you will get over it.

I know this is about telling the wife, but at the same time it should make everyone here have a thought on how anyone here can take you at your word when you have no problem lying to the other half.

It will be interesting on how many deleted comments show up.

I know this is about telling the wife, but at the same time it should make everyone here have a thought on how anyone here can take you at your word when you have no problem lying to the other half.

I remember the time you told me.. oh, I'll never tell.. teehee! lol just kidding

I'm lucky, my wife has an AWESOME Australian accent, thinks I work hard and should get the "few" things that I want as long as the bills are paid, and on the rare times she gets annoyed because I bought a "gadget" I always mention it was still cheaper than what she's spent on cigarettes over the last year.... argument over right there! o_O

Aussie women are the BEST! :D
That's awesome. Did you meet her yonder? I hear the Sheila's have a true weakness for Yank speak. (no slight intended).

I tell my wife about my new toys...guns/bikes/etc...most of the time before I make the purchase. And when I have jt in hand, I make sure she knows how to use it as well. No telling which gun she grabs if she runs to the safe.
Being honest and upfront will save you a lot of headache in the long run.

Who said anything about lying? Is not saying a word lying? If so my wife lies to me about the clothes and accessories she buys all the time by not telling me. Yet I forgive her. She knows I buy guns and fishing gear. She knows I would fill her in if she really wanted to know. Both of us prefer to not have totals of our hobbies thrown around and as the bills get paid there is no reason to worry.

I would not want to know every darn shirt or purse she buys and how much it cost. She clearly feels the same as all she would have to do is open the safe. I stay out of her closet and she steers clear of my spot. That my friend is the opposite of lying. It is called TRUST.;)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top