JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That said, I know there are deadbeat dads out there too and I know one woman who works two jobs plus overtime to provide for her children who are not supported by their father.

This would have been my current wife when I met her. Amazing woman was busting her butt working two jobs, with two kids who's dad gave no support. I was working two jobs, and we managed to find time to get a few dates in, and despite a lot of trepidation on both our parts, we put it together, and although not easy it has held for 27 years.

I never missed a child support payment in all those years either.

My ex used to bubblegum about anything I happen to buy.
When I told her that is one of the reasons for the divorce. She claimed it was just game playing. To which I said, well, if it was a game, it wasn't much fun.

I never missed a child support payment in all those years either.
And let us NOT forget the DADS who had the child and then the child support stopped coming from the MOTHER (like me). In my situation mom was investing the support for our daughter and gave it to her later but I would have like to have been apprised of that. I was fortunate and didn't really need it (the support) so I didn't push the issue.....

My wife has no problem with what I get as long as the bills are paid. Getting her a shinny bauble every so often doesn't hurt either.

Last Edited:
Bought a cheap shotgun once at a pawn shop. It was like $350. The credit card statement came about 3 weeks later, and shows "99 pawn & guns". She comes stompin' down the stairs "Timothy Herbert Montegue, open that gun safe right now!" In the 14 years we have been married that was the only time she has middle named me. I wont do that again!!
It really was an honest mistake. I didn't tell her the day I bought it, because she had a bad day at work, and I honestly forgot the following, mostly because I hadn't shot it yet.
*name modified to protect the innocent. (Well maybe not so innocent ;))

The day before this thread started, I had a conversation with my wife about what my guns were worth.
She does'nt have a clue about what value to place on them, or how to legally sell them.
We discussed who she could trust to liquidate them in a fair and honest manner and the only name that came to mind was a member here that's a gunsmith and FFL (Velzey.)

My ex used to bubblegum about anything I happen to buy. When I told her that is one of the reasons for the divorce. She claimed it was just game playing. To which I said, well, if it was a game, it wasn't much fun.
My xWife used to say "what's mine is mine and what's yours is mine"....I thought she was joking until she inherited a large estate, decided it would be nice to have her own new home in San Francisco and a new husband to go with it.

I got the better end of the deal though :D

1915285_10208634554602191_804641095793414339_n.jpg

I don't make a point to talk about what I paid, but I won't outright lie to her. Its a partnership. We have only been together for 9 years but she really is my best friend. She knows me better than I know myself sometimes. She my hobbies. I make sure she has her treasures and I have mine.

I DO however have an excel sheet hidden away where she will find it if I unexpectedly pass or am otherwise ...unreachable, with what I paid for each item, the serial number and updated as time goes on with what extras I have added to it etc.

I figure this way, she will at least know what I paid and what she can expect to get for them.

Don't ask, don't tell.

My wife knows I buy guns, I make sure I have enough 'mad money' set aside for them, most of the time. She'll see me come home w/a new box and won't even ask about it. I've been into a lot of things over the years, quads, dirt bikes, guitars, hot rods, rock crawlers, guns, etc.. my wife knows my hobbies are expensive. I've settled down a little bit, mostly just shooting these days. I think she feels that guns are on the lower end of expensive hobbies, they just add up over time, I think she see's reloading as a separate hobby. I'm probably not going to drop multiple $K on gun related stuff all at one time very often (have done it though) like with cars, bikes and trucks and some other things. I used to get an earful when I'd get a new motor or wheels and tires or a trip to the tuner. I think she's just relieved that the stuff I buy now can actually go in the house. I try not to get carried away, if I do I know I have to explain it and try and justify it which is pretty tough to do w/a hobby.

Every once in a while she'll say "how much did that cost?", I tell her the truth (she can find out easily enough), she'll roll her eyes and say "did you really need that?" to which I'll say "of course".

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top