JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Who said anything about lying? Is not saying a word lying? If so my wife lies to me about the clothes and accessories she buys all the time by not telling me. Yet I forgive her. She knows I buy guns and fishing gear. She knows I would fill her in if she really wanted to know. Both of us prefer to not have totals of our hobbies thrown around and as the bills get paid there is no reason to worry.

I would not want to know every darn shirt or purse she buys and how much it cost. She clearly feels the same as all she would have to do is open the safe. I stay out of her closet and she steers clear of my spot. That my friend is the opposite of lying. It is called TRUST.;)
Guess that isn't ment for you then

:mad:
I am still trying to save up enough money/assets to attract a wife. ;)

LOl you think your pockets are MT now, just make sure to not lie to the future missus.

5xsjlj.jpg

Some people will get butthurt after this comment but you will get over it.

I know this is about telling the wife, but at the same time it should make everyone here have a thought on how anyone here can take you at your word when you have no problem lying to the other half.

It will be interesting on how many deleted comments show up.

I'm not sleeping with any of you; I don't really care how any of you view me so you can expect to continue hearing my precieved truths...

I only tell her on the BIG stuff. Smaller stuff its up to my discretion. Married 20+ years same wife and happy. She's only been upset once and that was the big scope. But she said she'd rather know and be mad then find out later. 1 week after, all was good :)

I worked two full time jobs when I was married to my first wife. I never had any extra money for myself.
5 acre farm with horses, sheep, chickens, goats, Great Danes. The vet & feed bills alone took most of one jobs paycheck.
The guy next door inherited a couple of million and it didn't take long for my wife to throw me out and put the grips on him.
It hurt at first, but then I came to the realization that I now had two full paychecks that were just for me.
The irony of all this, is that a couple of months after my divorce was final (It cost me all of $125.00 to do a no contest divorce), I ran into my ex neighbor's wife (she was divorcing him for big bucks) and later on we got together to talk about our ex spouses. I married her two years later.
That was the best thing that could have happened to me. She works hard, saves money and could care less what I do with my slush fund cash.
The funny thing is, my ex wife dumped the neighbor guy for what she thought was a better deal and ended up married to a dump truck driver that didn't inherit his daddy's trucking company.

Last Edited:
I worked two full time jobs when I was married to my first wife. I never had any extra money for myself.
5 acre farm with horses, sheep, chickens, goats, Great Danes. The vet & feed bills alone took most of one jobs paycheck.
My guy next door inherited a couple of million and it didn't take long for my wife to throw me out and put the grips on him.
It hurt at first, but then I came to the realization that I now had two full paychecks that were just for me.
The irony of all this, is that a couple of months after my divorce was final (It cost me all of $125.00 to do a no contest divorce), I ran into my ex neighbor's wife (she was divorcing him for big bucks) and later on we got together to talk about our ex spouses. I married her two years later.
That was the best thing that could have happened to me. She works hard, saves money and could care less what I do with my slush fund cash.
The funny thing is, my ex wife dumped the neighbor guy for what she thought was a better deal and ended up married to a dump truck driver that didn't inherit his daddy's trucking company.

Wow! That sounds like Peyton Place, NWFA style!

MTpockets, I'm so sorry that you are having to take that route! Luckily, I was born big and pretty so broke wasn't such a hardship! BTW, remember two things! Scope and deodorant! LOL!!!;) Best of luck! SRG

My guy next door inherited a couple of million and it didn't take long for my wife to throw me out and put the grips on him.

I see you found out that old adage of IT'S CHEEPER TO KEEP HER is a big lie and was proabily authored by a woman. :s0155:

Oh BULL! I tell my wife whenever I buy a gun and we've been married 44 years. When my payday rolls around I take $200 right off the top! No secret, she has a seperate account too. The $200 per month allows me to purchase a gun every three to five months. She wanted me to get out from under foot at the club so she bought me a case of Winchester white box, this is a new angle that I'm studying! How much is too much me? A fine line, I think!

Ok this I get. I think I go over 200 but I KNOW she goes over 200. If she really wanted to find out she would just look at the credit cards...Just like I could if I wanted to see the macys bill. I do not care. We have been married almost 10 years and are both happy...least I think we are happy.

Alright I hate to do this but some leaving out info for the better of a relationship is not the worst thing. Example- I have never told my kids there is no Santa or Easter bunny....Sorry @oknow but you said you wanted the truth so no crying now that you know about the north pole!
There is a large difference to me in a lie and saying nothing. As I have said if she directly asked I would not lie.
I would lie to you sons of Bs though. I do not see why the "trusting me" on here would a difference to you. I would rather you did not trust me. We aint close like that no matter how much ya all wish ya got next to me.....If I sell you a gun I expect you to inspect it. Too much trust is a bad thing with a bunch of online "strangers".

I still love you guys I am just not going to pretend to be trying to impress you with my posts!

I've been married for 24 years to a fine woman. I have no need to lie to her, I just don't bother to tell her when I buy a firearm. It goes into the one of the safes with all the others and before you know it, it isn't new. This works fine with weapons, much harder with boats and cars.

5 acre farm with horses, sheep, chickens, goats, Great Danes. The vet & feed bills alone took most of one jobs paycheck..
Who's idea on the.. nevermind. A single horse is worse than a boat.. even if it's "free". lol. just a little note to you all

Alright I hate to do this but some leaving out info for the better of a relationship is not the worst thing. Example- I have never told my kids there is no Santa or Easter bunny....Sorry @oknow but you said you wanted the truth so no crying now that you know about the north pole!
There is a large difference to me in a lie and saying nothing. As I have said if she directly asked I would not lie.
I would lie to you sons of Bs though. I do not see why the "trusting me" on here would a difference to you. I would rather you did not trust me. We aint close like that no matter how much ya all wish ya got next to me.....If I sell you a gun I expect you to inspect it. Too much trust is a bad thing with a bunch of online "strangers".

I still love you guys I am just not going to pretend to be trying to impress you with my posts!

:) I believe you missed the boat somewhere this was a topic about lying to the S. O. and was to open peoples eye's on what to expect from other people on the forum when doing business with them. as far as the easter bunny I was told we had him for dinner a long time ago.

if I was a shrink (which i'm not) or if I played one on tv (which I don't) I would say in my professional opinion someone is having some internal strugles and trying to justify what is taking place but I am not able to say that because I'm not a shrink.

if it makes you feel better I still like some of your post.:D

:) I believe you missed the boat somewhere this was a topic about lying to the S. O. and was to open peoples eye's on what to expect from other people on the forum when doing business with them. as far as the easter bunny I was told we had him for dinner a long time ago.

if I was a shrink (which i'm not) or if I played one on tv (which I don't) I would say in my professional opinion someone is having some internal strugles and trying to justify what is taking place but I am not able to say that because I'm not a shrink.

if it makes you feel better I still like some of your post.:D

I do feel better. I grew up with a mother and a step dad that are psychologists. Trust me being analyzed is my middle name so feel free. HOWEVER the old man was a fireman for 25 years so you can imagine that dilemma of learning.

One thing this topic has seemed to wash out is the folks that say "withholding the truth or lying is bad" are either divorced or never married. WELL I hate to say it but everyone including married couples need some level of privacy and distance to remain happy....That is my shrink advise.

Now the real question. Can you believe a word I just wrote??!!! HAHA you dunno do you! SUCKER!

Who's idea on the.. nevermind. A single horse is worse than a boat.. even if it's "free". lol. just a little note to you all

Holy crap yeah. My daughter took Horse riding lessons and then wanted her own. I looked into the cost of maintaining a Horse and right away signed her up for soccer. Told her I would buy her the nicest soccer ball in town!

Holy crap yeah. My daughter took Horse riding lessons and then wanted her own. I looked into the cost of maintaining a Horse and right away signed her up for soccer. Told her I would buy her the nicest soccer ball in town!
Boots are $500 and then they don't alladasudden fit for some miraculous reason. I love horses but.. no, the reason I carry a gun is.. I think they have goat eyes. bastids

Boots are $500 and then they don't alladasudden fit for some miraculous reason. I love horses but.. no, the reason I carry a gun is.. I think they have goat eyes. bastids

Yeah looking into saddles and boots and so on made me want to cry. I have no love for horses anymore. They are worse than boats. If you have to pay a stable fee along with all that crap....Yeah no.

She can ride a goat for all I care. NO HORSES.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top