JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I will start.

I own two bows made by my Great grandfather Ruben Sanders. I doubt anyone these days know who he was, but a hundred years ago they called him the Wests Jim Thorp. He is in the Oregon State hall of fame as well as the Native American Hall of fame.
I also have a pouch which my grandmother said was Sitting Bull's medicine pouch,, its something which I doubt will ever be proven, but I know she said her father had the pistol that shot him, which has been lost.

I have a Mauser 98k with all matching serial numbers, with no duffel-cut, that my great uncle smuggled back from France. I've never fired it but hopefully it will someday prove to be the workhorse of a rifle that history indicates it could be.

I have a Mauser 98k with all matching serial numbers, with no duffel-cut, that my great uncle smuggled back from France. I've never fired it but hopefully it will someday prove to be the workhorse of a rifle that history indicates it could be.
See.. this! is what I want buy haha!

Beretta 86 (tip barrel 380)
I don't know if it qualifies, but it is the oldest I got. Not many available/hard to find.
upload_2015-6-15_15-50-35.png

A 1911A1 that my great uncle carried in WWI. Ithaca made and government stamped. And a J. Stevens side-by-side my granddad carried while in the Coast Guard in the same war.

2 original 1855 Colt Patent Revolving Rifles, one was passed down from my Grand Dad, the other I found at an estate sale on the east coast. A 1924 Jeffries rifle, a 1936 Holland and Holland Rifle, and my 2 Power Wagons, a 1946 WC-30 and a 42 Cargo Truck 1/2 cab! I have lots of old things I collect, to many to list, but these are stand outs in my collection!

Like UraKi I used to have WWII rigs, GPW's ,willy's MB's ,WC30, last one I just sold Duce and 1/2 1952 model, so I guess my straight razors will have to do + a Hone collection for sharpening them, the Only way to take off my heavy beard fast in one pass. No speed shaving though..

Just remembered, My Ol Dad left me some of his correspondence and a WWI leather flying helmet and goggles, the Letters were between him and Eddie Rickenbacker, America's first WW1 Flying Ace the head gear is real and authenticated.

Last Edited:
Oldest thing I personally own is an early Red Wing Hunter bow. We also have a bunch of documents from my great-grandfather who was a good friend of Harry Truman, one of which being the letter from Truman to my grandfather, giving him free entrance and a full ride to West Point. My great-grandfather was also judge in Missouri where he grew up with Truman. Other than that a old pipe that was made in 1843 by my great-great-great-grandfather in Czechoslovakia before they came to Missouri. The pipe has been used by every son chosen by their father until my Dad. It has been through the Mexican-American War, the Civil War, the Spanis-American War, World War I, World War II, the Korean War, and Vietnam. Pretty impressive it hasn't been shot yet.

I own a two room house that was one of the original ones in Columbia county. The house according to some of the Asbury relatives dates back to 1870 -1880. It is one of my projects to restore it as close to original. I have not gotten their yet so I will be priming and painting the outside this summer. It is not the residence on the property.

20170612_173930.jpg

Last Edited:
You know nun a this stuff mentioned is worth a dang without pictures!?
PLUS, it doesn't have to be gun related? I've got some old stuff I'll get on and post when I can get some pics.

You know nun a this stuff mentioned is worth a dang without pictures!?
PLUS, it doesn't have to be gun related? I've got some old stuff I'll get on and post when I can get some pics.
I will take a couple tonight. Wasn't planning to post on this today.

Not much, except for three baseballs. One signed by Mel Stottlemyre, another by Edgar Martinez, and the most recently acquired one signed by Willie Mays. I want one from Pete Rose to complete the set (he was my childhood baseball hero, though he's kind of a dick, from what I've heard).

A sidenote: I told my intern (at the time) about my signed baseball from Willie Mays. I was pretty excited about it.

He said, "That's cool! Who's Willie Mays?"

I said, "Pack your things. You're fired."

Kids these days.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show