JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm in the Subway Club. It's pretty exclusive.

Here is another Antique close to my heart, a 1940 Rudolph Wurlitzer 5/60-254 Rank Theater Organ that has been mostly restored and tricked out with parts from several others that have been parted out, combined with the entire wind section from a closed down church in N.Y and other found parts from all over the U.S. and it's 70% playable on wind, and 30% digital for now!
nethercutt.jpg

The oldest thing that I own is my house which was built in 1880.... I'm building an eight foot wide covered wrap-around porch on it ATM... (it's a WIP).

(Guess what it says on the bottom yellow flag.... LOL)
IMG_4246.JPG
IMG_4247.JPG

It'll continue on around to (your) right on down the side of the house.
IMG_4275.JPG

I remember the organ that was in the Benson High School auditorium. That thing had pipes going clear up into the ceiling. Now I'm wonder what happened to it?
Parts of it were sold off to a restoration outfit in the mid west, the console is in Mesa AZ just outside of Phoenix, and the compressors are in San Fran at a new church installation. Several of the wind chests are still available, but the big Pipes you remember are in New Mexico at a private residence.

Although this one is not mine, I have one just like it (it's stored away and I don't feel like dragging it out).
Inherited it from my grandfather, who was a big gun collector.

<broken link removed>

I have some pretty cool things I will have to post photos of....

One thing I have that I really can't photograph is the entire bedroom set of W.H. Gray as its in storage. WH was an early pioneer in the NW and traveled with and help build the Whitmans and the Whitman mission site near Walla Walla Washington. Fortunately for me, he left to go to Astoria before the massacre or my family line would have ended right there :eek:

Another thing I have is a very old photograph dated 1901 shows Great grandfather and a bunch of other guys from the multnomah club. I think it was the football team.

I have a silver teapot that is dated 184X, a wedding gift to my GGG grandmother in Ireland. Also the gold pocket watch from around 1890 that my G grandfather had when he immigrated from Germany around that time. Also have a few .32 S&W breaktops from around 1900 - a Hopkins & Allen, 2 Iver Johnsons and a .38 S&W H&R breaktop. Have a few other things also.

Just gave one of my students a WestClox "Bullseye" pocket watch of mine.
Not that old , only around 50 years old or so ... Also went with a homemade leather pouch and trade bead on the watch fob. The trade bead is from the 1880's or so.

He has liked my Westclox "Scotty" pocket watch for as long as I've known him ... So this is a neat graduation gift.
Andy

This unassuming pile of broken concrete does have some historical significance - they are pieces of the Berlin Wall. Years ago, I had a customer while working at the local Fred Meyer, who came from Germany. Specifically, she had come from Berlin. She and her family were there during WWII and were eventually liberated by American troops (a memory she recounted in detail to me). She had invited me to her home several times for tea (I helped her take care of some defective electronics) and she showed me historical documents and many, many paintings (she was an artist). Late in life, she returned to Berlin one last time in early 1990 to visit her sister. While she was there, she collected pieces of the wall, and was kind enough to bring some back for me as a thank you for the help I had given her. She passed away a few months later.

So one piece of history I own, pieces of the Berlin Wall:

IMG_8823a.jpg

This unassuming pile of broken concrete does have some historical significance - they are pieces of the Berlin Wall. Years ago, I had a customer while working at the local Fred Meyer, who came from Germany. Specifically, she had come from Berlin. She and her family were there during WWII and were eventually liberated by American troops (a memory she recounted in detail to me). She had invited me to her home several times for tea (I helped her take care of some defective electronics) and she showed me historical documents and many, many paintings (she was an artist). Late in life, she returned to Berlin one last time in early 1990 to visit her sister. While she was there, she collected pieces of the wall, and was kind enough to bring some back for me as a thank you for the help I had given her. She passed away a few months later.

So one piece of history I own, pieces of the Berlin Wall:

View attachment 371360

I find that ^^ very cool.

I don't own the firearm my father brought back from Germany, that went to another. It may have been the last Walther made as the war raged in 1944-1945 and things were bad for them. They were mixing and matching serial numbers desperately trying to get it made and out the door- the quality control folks had probably already been sent to the Russian Front at that time as it shoots like crap. I suppose that it's a lot like that Johnny Cash song about the Cadillac he made from bootied parts.

I do own a couple of these though:

German_heer_Dagger.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads