JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
interdasting.jpg

Common Sense.
Thou shall not kill (commit murder).

As for the Gun Laws? Rrrrrright......see above.

The trick is.......
How do we ensure that the message is sent?

easy-button.png

BUT, But, but.....
Maybe YOU'LL like it. Or, maybe YOU won't. LOL.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....well, things are starting to move (for some).

Last Edited:
as time goes on, that argument isnt a good one.... there are so many new gun laws added all the time... I dont want current laws enforced, I want them repealed.
I'm just guessin' here, but I think @Tlock was referring to enforcing laws pertaining to the prosecution of perpetrators of violent crimes, not gun owners. But I could be wrong.

Longterm plant.
I wondered about that myself. I have noticed in the past 3 or 4 months or so, starting early this past spring during the run-up to the WA mag ban vote, that a lot of "older" accounts suddenly became quite active. These people that had been dormant for years suddenly rose up and were being quite antagonistic of the pro-2A folks here, engaging in snarky, anti-2A tête-à-tête with the regulars here. I would view their profiles and see that they had been members for 7, 8, 10 years or more, but when I tried to see their older posts, the list ran dry pretty quickly. I started to wonder if one of two things was possible...

1) These are, as American123 suggests, sleepers and plants within the fold, awaiting times such as these to come out and troll us, or
2) People who have a particular set of IT skills to seek out and find older, inactive accounts of members gone by, hack those old accounts' passwords, and hijack those accounts for their own nefarious purposes here.

While #1 certainly seems easily doable and suggests a long game approach, do you all think that #2 is possible, short of being a member of the hacktivist group known as Anonymous? What end would the expenditure of such mental and temporal resources serve? Just to piss us off? Is it that much fun for them to waste that much effort on infiltrating this site?

I think it is possible... unless Joe has things set to lock an account after a certain number of fails, the classic "Dictionary Attack" still works.

I can also tell you that if I were an infiltrator, I'd be hoovering up as many people's data as I could via Marketplace transactions to target for Red Flagging or other ratting out to Big Brother later. Hence my longstanding advisory about "be very selective who you do deals with."

1) These are, as American123 suggests, sleepers and plants within the fold, awaiting times such as these to come out and troll us, or
2) People who have a particular set of IT skills to seek out and find older, inactive accounts of members gone by, hack those old accounts' passwords, and hijack those accounts for their own nefarious purposes here.

While #1 certainly seems easily doable and suggests a long game approach, do you all think that #2 is possible, short of being an member of the hacktivist group known as Anonymous?
I vividly remember a member here whose account got hacked and the hacker trolled in several threads before being found out; and the original acct owner had to get Joe involved and posted about that experience?

I vividly remember a member here whose account got hacked and the hacker trolled in several threads before being found out; and the original acct owner had to get Joe involved and posted about that experience?
Before my time? Or did I just miss that thread entirely?

I musta missed it, then. Have the offending threads been expunged? Does The Dude still abide?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top