JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
its all about limiting the law abiding... not the criminals who don't obey any laws. more laws will not do any good. Start using existing laws we have, and sure I might might budge a little to "common sense" reform.

How about we use the Constitution as the law of the land and get rid of all the other unnecessary laws.
unfortunately its not that simple tho, as the constitution spells out - the scotus is the interpreter of the constitution ... and they dont always interpret that well

im not actually real big on this court.. as my many fans here would assume.. but they have been and are moving in the right philosophical direction on the 2nd. kinda starting with heller (which is really underrated in its significance) so thats nice to see, finally.

I believe we should have common sense gun laws and here's why. If a stupid politician makes a stupid gun law I should be able to use common sense to ignore the stupid law. Other common sense laws: If a law abiding citizens choose to use illegal drugs they should be required to register with the fire dept. and inform them of there drug of choice and amount so they how to save them. For hard drugs like heroine and Methamphetamine they should be required to pass a course showing they are trained on how to properly administer the drug and dose. Drunk drive should be required to pass a drunk driving test while, at high speeds with spiked tires or face severe penalties and fees.
Any law labeled by our politicians as "common sense" will surely be devoid of such if not entirely composed of just the opposite. See the "patriot act" and the "affordable care act" as examples (too many really to list).

We do have one and only one common sense gun law that covers ALL arms nit just firearms: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

If you apropriately punish the bad actor for improper usage (example murder) regardless of the tool used that is all the gun control you need, though it's not gun control it's criminal control. And that, my friend, is common sense.

im not actually real big on this court.. as my many fans here would assume.. but they have been and are moving in the right philosophical direction on the 2nd. kinda starting with heller (which is really underrated in its significance) so thats nice to see, finally.
you know... actually, i havent even disagreed that much with their recent major decisions. i guess for me as a progressive im not happy to see social/social justice reform backsliding, but at same time - laws and decisions that flew (roe, for instance) not because they were sound reasoning - but really solely for sake of zeitgeist - dont good jurisprudence make. whether or not i believe X should or shouldnt be legal, i cant really fault the court for cleaning up unsound law.

Shall not be infringed sounds like common sense to me.
The problem is with the level of public education people think infringe refers to chaps and bicycle handlebars
1656390292237.png

Vote for Cigars, your benevolent dictator. All of this common sense shinola will come to an end. Anyone proposing reductions in freedoms stated in the Big "C" will be banished to France or French Canada (pronounced, "Fwance") with the rest of the cheese eating surrender monkeys.

"Drunk drive should be required to pass a drunk driving test while, at high speeds with spiked tires or face severe penalties and fees."

Videos. I want to see videos of this test being taken.

I do believe in Common Sense, but I don't believe it's as common as it used to be.

DA1D6830-FCFA-405A-997A-E316202AD76E.jpeg

I believe we should have common sense gun laws and here's why. If a stupid politician makes a stupid gun law I should be able to use common sense to ignore the stupid law. Other common sense laws: If a law abiding citizens choose to use illegal drugs they should be required to register with the fire dept. and inform them of there drug of choice and amount so they how to save them. For hard drugs like heroine and Methamphetamine they should be required to pass a course showing they are trained on how to properly administer the drug and dose. Drunk drive should be required to pass a drunk driving test while, at high speeds with spiked tires or face severe penalties and fees.
An old Montane cowboy told me if the world followed common sense men would ride side saddle.

1. Troll?
2. "Common sense" is a leftist buzz-word for oppression of the innocent; for tyrannical government; for pampering criminals while punishing the innocent - i.e. UNJUST. You desire an unjust society?
3. The federal and state constitutions lay out "common sense" as far as allowing the peaceful and law abiding to be armed. Enforce the law and remove the violent from society for our good and theirs.
4. Incarcerate and punish criminals and we will not need oppressive, unconstitutional laws. They oppress your RIGHTS as well!
5. Remove the criminals from society and the weapons lie still.
6. Give the criminals the controlled environment they need and you then act justly toward them as well as society.

I fully agree. Take abortions for example. Now don't panic! NOBODY wants to take away your abortions! We just want common sense abortion control. Things like...

• A mandatory background check with psych eval to make sure the person is level headed enough to make the decision.
  • A $200 tax stamp and a one year waiting period to make sure the person has had enough time to fully consider their decision
  • Outlawing "Assault Abortions" after the first trimester
  • A national abortion registry so we can track things including...
  • A limitation on the number of abortions you can have. NOBODY needs more than ONE abortion. My god! Think of the children!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top