JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well we didn't train like that , when I was in the Army...And I hope that we don't "train" like that now.
While watching the video I saw way too many ways to get shot...what a way to waste all the time and money you put into a guy , just to have him shot during "training".
Andy

Some videos are staged; some of this video is staged. Our guys do conduct some crazy shist...CQB is CQB.

The Soviets used to show videos of their tanks going through deep water Fords, but it was eventually determined and revealed the tanks we're driving on concrete ramps..still, a Motorized Rifle Regiment (MRR) on the attack is nothing to laugh about.

However, being exposed to the sights, sounds, and smells of team members, other weapons, other objects; and still doing one's job, is a good-sound training theory.

Crossing behind-of, interceding in front-of, shooting past, next-to, over, under a team member happens...but this video shows "trust building" taken to the extreme..

Shooting through holes in a section of cardboard or wall (in training) creates a realistic blowback or concussion situation one might experience while defending their home.

Edit: I highly recommend this! :cool:

Some retirees :oops: like shooting next to another; they like the hot brass hitting them while they are trying to concentrate..the burning sensation brings back fond memories...:D

I think the illustration is #122 in FM23-67, where the Assistant Gunner is holding the machine gun bipod over his head; to engage aircraft...:confused:

Some videos are staged; some of this video is staged. Our guys do conduct some crazy shist...CQB is CQB.

The Soviets used to show videos of their tanks going through deep water Fords, but it was eventually determined and revealed the tanks we're driving on concrete ramps..still, a Motorized Rifle Regiment (MRR) on the attack is nothing to laugh about.

However, being exposed to the sights, sounds, and smells of team members, other weapons, other objects; and still doing one's job, is a good-sound training theory.

Crossing behind-of, interceding in front-of, shooting past, next-to, over, under a team member happens...but this video shows "trust building" taken to the extreme..

Shooting through holes in a section of cardboard or wall (in training) creates a realistic blowback or concussion situation one might experience while defending their home.

Edit: I highly recommend this! :cool:

Some retirees :oops: like shooting next to another; they like the hot brass hitting them while they are trying to concentrate..the burning sensation brings back fond memories...:D

I think the illustration is #122 in FM23-67, where the Assistant Gunner is holding the machine gun bipod over his head; to engage aircraft...:confused:

Well I can tell you this. When I was at Fort Ord and we did CQB there was none of that crazy bubblegum!!! In fact the emphasis was on how to work together and clear a room or building while being safe and looking out for the guy next to you.

No one did the dancing around each other from one side to the next. One swept high one swept low and you worked together so that your muzzle didn't sweep the guy next to you.

Things may have changed and maybe I am just getting old! :confused::D

FAED3C99-71DD-478B-A305-7AB63C69B148.jpeg 89128683-9988-4B21-9E36-45AFCE87FD61.jpeg We train like the first photo to work like the second. Our frequent goal was to disengage so the big guys could go to work. In the later years we nearly always had gunship support with either helicopters or A10's or both. The best shooters were nearly all western guys that had been doing it since before they could remember.

Last Edited:
SAS still use live ammo training and a few die every year from it. I dont think they go around shooting each other though. It might just be propaganda though, to make everyone think they are all hard like that. I remember a few years ago you had pics of the Chinese military and they had Shaolin monks balancing themselves on their thumbs or some bubblegum.

Look at the real examples of when we (or one of our allies) went up against Russian military allies or equipment since WW2. When we take the gloves off there is no contest. We killed many Russian advisors when General Schwartzkopf made his end run and defeated the 4th strongest military on the planet in a few hrs. The iraquis were using Russian equipment, tactics and training. If GW wasn't so worried about the press photos being published of barbecued Iraqis and allowed the job to be finished, we wouldn't have to revisit the region multiple times up to this day. If I was king of the world, I would reserve the first munitions for use on news corespondents. War is an ugly busisness and never photographs well. . We had a news helicopter land in the debris field of a fatal F16 crash in Utah years ago. The site commander ordered the sky cops to draw there weapons on it.......he (the commander) immediately became one of my hero's.

As stated above, propaganda. Not necessarily aimed at us, but rather terrorists. The Russians have had to deal with far more terrorism domestically than we have had here (with the exception of 9/11, of course). They have a lot of bad actors in their backyard. When it come to terrorism, they see eye to eye with us and work closely with JTTF. I would not want to be a terrorist who was caught in Russia.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top