JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My comment was in reference to the Russian's history of a lack of a respect for human life; Stalin purportedly ordered the death of every 3rd man; so each remaining man would have ammo.

But all nation's have a point where the objective(s) are more important than the lives of their own countrymen.

My comment was in reference to the Russian's history of a lack of a respect for human life; Stalin purportedly ordered the death of every 3rd man; so each remaining man would have ammo.

But all nation's have a point where the objective(s) are more important than the lives of their own countrymen.
The lack of respect came in the soviet era. Before then, their tactics were relocate people and burn off the towns and such so the enemy would not have supplies to survive the harsh enviornment.

Their regard towards human life now? Who knows. But the soldiers seem fine with sacrificing themselves. Greater good eh?

Then we should tell them all there isn't enough ammo! :D

So your saying I was right? :s0133: :s0139: :s0082:

Something tells me if they were working with other nations and still use the mindset, they'd probably not be discriminate about it.

But then again, its no longer the USSR.

Jumping with the Germans...their safety "program" was non-existent compared to US Airborne.... drinking beer after the jump was para...mount.;)

IDF are good trainers; aggressive, realistic, and thorough; very little in regards to canned scenarios...

Spain, Italy, Netherlands Japan, and Korea...not exactly aggressive but, eh OK.

Costa Rica, Honduras, France, Mexico, & Oh....Canada... no thanks :D

US is #1, our missions dictate the level of risk in training.

The old timers that fought in China, Burma, & India (CBI); being the 5307th Composite Provisional, aka Merrill's Marauders told me that they lost more men in training while swimming with donkeys.." they have a tendency of turning around on ya".:cool:

Russian troups by and large are about the same as most 2nd world nations, it's the spetnaz you really wanna worry about. We spent some time joint training with a few squads, and those guys are no joke. GSG9 were about the same and just under SAS for the gold standard. Rangers, Recon, and us P.J.s were still better overall:)
Biggest problem with Russian military is they have very little money for training, they are stuck with very old gear and weapons, and they still have a command and control set up where the individual soldier has almost no initiative or reason. They fight best in large groups, separate them and they are pretty easy to beat. Same with armored units and the Air Forces. They are almost exclusively used in defensive postures with a few frontal units for attack!

Saw your ad on Craigslist, Sir! Regrettably, I don't own a tactical chinstrap!
upload_2017-11-2_21-3-6.png

The lack of respect came in the soviet era. Before then, their tactics were relocate people and burn off the towns and such so the enemy would not have supplies to survive the harsh enviornment.

Their regard towards human life now? Who knows. But the soldiers seem fine with sacrificing themselves. Greater good eh?
Well by all means then let's give them the opportunity for them to give their lives for their country.

Cigars...copy.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top