JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Disingenuous. But we'd expect nothing less from you. The acknowledgement of RKBA as an acronym that stands for freedom -- not the "secret clubhouse" is beyond you. There's no "code words" here. Or memes, Simply a group of like-minded people working together toward thesame goal.

Which you, apparently, don't give a flying **** about.

Sigh.

I guess I mistook this forum for one that actually promotes the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

To think, I've been here since November of 2008.
You are acting like a crazy person. You are so worked up because some people didn't instantly recognize an acronym! Here's an idea for you: People can support something without reading whatever magazines you have in the toilet with all the special terminology. Many 2A supporters have always voted for gun causes because they grew up with that. Some supporters do so in reaction to anti-gun rhetoric, not pro-gun. Some supporters just have conversations with fellow shooters.

These people are all 2A supporters. Why would you alienate them?

I guess I'm always amazed that some people have such limited horizons that they can't imagine that anyone else comes to their beliefs through a different path than they did.

And you really do the RKBA a disservice when you alienate your fellows over minutia.

It's sad because the views most here hold of firearms, the constitution and the Second Amendment is dying as the torch isn't being passed in significant enough numbers to ensure future generations will appreciate these things the way we do….
It's by design. Brought to you courtesy of our public school system, particularly in urban areas (where most of the people are).

Do I expect too much? Am I wrong to expect that members of internet firearms forums understand the most basic acronym of all: RKBA - Right to Keep and Bear Firearms?
Wouldn't that be RKBF? No wonder people are confused.
A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

"Fire" has nothing to do with it, although it can also be used as an arm.

When is someone going to get called a RINO in this thread?

When is someone going to get called a RINO for not knowing what a RINO is?

A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

"Fire" has nothing to do with it, although it can also be used as an arm.
I think he was referring to the OP.

"...the most basic acronym of all: RKBA - Right to Keep and Bear Firearms?"

(tongue-in-cheek)

I guess I mistook this forum for one that actually promotes the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
I think your anger is misdirected.

One thing some people fail to realize is the generational use of acronyms. Not everyone is up to speed on acronyms and contemporary slang. Like "dropping" which has caused a bit of confusion here. Some older people don't speak in cell phone abbreviated language, either.

I think many gun owners don't let gun ownership or the Second Amendment drive their lives,
This. And, when you live in a West Coast state, you get worn down after while. Whizzing in the wind, as it were.

There are some people who won't let a single issue take over their lives. Like some of the pro / con abortion fanatics.

Do I expect too much? Am I wrong to expect that members of internet firearms forums understand the most basic acronym of all: RKBA - Right to Keep and Bear Firearms
Its right to keep and bear arms, not firearms. It would have included swords, pikes, bows, and other non firearm weapons. In much of Europe, including Britain, you couldn't own a sword unless you were a nobleman, gentleman, knight, member of a king or noble man's army or guard, etc. After Britain overran Ireland and confiscated all the estates and turned them over to British noblemen, they made it illegal for the Irish to own any weapons. The famous Irish blackthorn walking stick became popular In part because the Brits did not outlaw walking canes. But the blackthorn cane, very strong and made in such a way that the root ball is carved into a knob that supports the hand, is actually an immensely sturdy club. Note that in the US you can carry an ordinary cane anywhere, including on airplanes, including canes with many fighting cane features. But not any canes such as the blackthorn with knobs at the end that turn the stick into such an obvious club. https://stpatricksguild.com/irish-blackthorn-walking-stick-from-ireland/ I far prefer a more traditional hickory walking stick with a wide crook in the end that can be looped over my wrist when I need both hands and that has a sturdy palm rest.

When British or European peasants revolted, they often used farm tools as weapons, because that's all they had. But American colonists had firearms for hunting and militia for fighting indians. When the Redcoats invaded Lexington and Concord in 1776, their mission was to seize the arms from local militia store houses as well as the rifles of farmers. That is, they wanted to reduce the colonials to the same disarmed status as British peasants, essentially helpless to withstand a British army. No wonder the colonials were so focused on the right to keep and bear arms that they made it the 2nd right, after freedom of speech only.

Last Edited:
Don't care for acronyms or use 'em myself.
Perhaps using acronyms may make one acrimonious....:eek: :D
Andy

Edit to add :
I have my understanding of the Right to keep and bear Arms.
However....
My understanding of the 2nd Amendment don't matter to those who make laws

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads