JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To directly address the OP...

Yes .
To expect everyone here on the forum to conform to your level of expectations and requirements regarding the 2nd Amendment is indeed expecting too much.

Something to consider here ...
Just because someone does not know any given acronym , or organization or have the same likes in firearms that you do...
May not automatically mean that they do not comprehend or support the 2nd Amendment.

Expect is often too damn close to assume.
Andy

Yet how many does the Corps use?
Way too f-cking many. Haha. But that's like a language in itself. You get taught them as you spend more time it becomes second nature.

I'm 100% on the train of the Right to keep and bear arms. I just didn't know there was an acronym for it. Haha.

I don't need an acronym for a God given right.

We used to speak in acronyms at work, like "GFYS" or "IGYMTATM", as in I have your mom the………I hate acronyms now after working with the DEQ, EPA, OHA, USDA, and several others for work. As for getting upset for someone using a common term earlier, cool off and use google, or bing if you're too old to get it off your preloaded computer.

I generally detest heavy acronym usage, I find often in academia it's people who regularly use acronyms and buzz words are just trying to appear intelligent and are actually some of the most ineffectual people in the workplace.

I don't find this issue is truly about firearms though. It's about ideology. People who prioritize liberty, truth, and morals and people who prioritize other things. Because if you prioritize liberty, arms are simply a tool toward that end. People who prioritize control over others will promote ideas like gun bans.

It's an ideological/cultural battle being played out, and the symptoms of that appear as specific things get targeted.

I generally detest heavy acronym usage, I find often in academia it's people who regularly use acronyms and buzz words are just trying to appear intelligent and are actually some of the most ineffectual people in the workplace.

I don't find this issue is truly about firearms though. It's about ideology. People who prioritize liberty, truth, and morals and people who prioritize other things. Because if you prioritize liberty, arms are simply a tool toward that end. People who prioritize control over others will promote ideas like gun bans.

It's an ideological/cultural battle being played out, and the symptoms of that appear as specific things get targeted.
Very well put!

Since OP likes to tell known 2A supporters on this forum, "you don't belong here" some acronyms he may want to learn are:

ISYJAM (I am superior to you - just ask me)

MOCMW (Mean old codger mad at world)

NFSBSODB (need to feel special by saying others "don't belong")

Its right to keep and bear arms, not firearms. It would have included swords, pikes, bows, and other non firearm weapons. In much of Europe, including Britain, you couldn't own a sword unless you were a nobleman, gentleman, knight, member of a king or noble man's army or guard, etc. After Britain overran Ireland and confiscated all the estates and turned them over to British noblemen, they made it illegal for the Irish to own any weapons. The famous Irish blackthorn walking stick became popular In part because the Brits did not outlaw walking canes. But the blackthorn cane, very strong and made in such a way that the root ball is carved into a knob that supports the hand, is actually an immensely sturdy club. Note that in the US you can carry an ordinary cane anywhere, including on airplanes, including canes with many fighting cane features. But not any canes such as the blackthorn with knobs at the end that turn the stick into such an obvious club. https://stpatricksguild.com/irish-blackthorn-walking-stick-from-ireland/ I far prefer a more traditional hickory walking stick with a wide crook in the end that can be looped over my wrist when I need both hands and that has a sturdy palm rest.

When British or European peasants revolted, they often used farm tools as weapons, because that's all they had. But American colonists had firearms for hunting and militia for fighting indians. When the Redcoats invaded Lexington and Concord in 1776, their mission was to seize the arms from local militia store houses as well as the rifles of farmers. That is, they wanted to reduce the colonials to the same disarmed status as British peasants, essentially helpless to withstand a British army. No wonder the colonials were so focused on the right to keep and bear arms that they made it the 2nd right, after freedom of speech only.
Ah, the good ole Irish Shillelagh…. Purchased an authentic Blackthorn "Walking Stick" directly from the old country back in 2020. Figured it'd be a good companion for those times when open dining, just in case any "peaceful protesters" come along to interrupt dinner.

C2B44170-076B-4822-AB84-12DC19D33CFB.jpeg 7E7DA3C3-5BEE-47D1-A069-4830E8955259.jpeg

Last Edited:
RKBA also stands for the right to keep bare arms. This came up during the Obama presidency when some reporters criticized Michele Obama for wearing sleeveless gowns on formal occasions.

RKBA is not to be confused with RKAB, the right to keep armed bears. There are several threads on this forum on RKAB, usually with titles such as "What handguns are good for bears?" Actually, though, bears are better off with a diet of roots, berries, insects, deer fawns, fish, and picnic baskets than metal or plastic items such as handguns.

Last Edited:
As I said in a earlier post...I dislike acronyms.
However there are times and places where they are useful.

For instance you can't swear on a military radio.

So there I was...on point for our platoon.
( Luckily only a field exercise )
We had a new Lieutenant attempting to use his map and compass.....:eek:
I knew where to go and how to get there...however our fearless leader "knew" better and kept "correcting" my course.

After a bit of this...we got a radio call...the platoon is called to halt.
I am summoned to the radio...only to hear our pissed off 1st Sergeant ask if I knew where we were...
Of course I knew...which was my reply.
What about your Actual ? Was my 1st Sergeant's next question....
Well he is Lima , Lima , Alpha , Mike Foxtrot *, was my answer.
After a pause and a laugh , Put yer Actual back on was Top's reply.

A short conversation between the Lt. and our 1st Sergeant happened...
Then I was told by the Lt. that he needed to follow me and for me get us back to where we belong.
Andy

* Lima , Lima , Alpha , Mike , Foxtrot....
Lost Like A Mother Trucker ( insert a popular word that sounds like trucker )

Last Edited:
As I said in a earlier post...I dislike acronyms.
However there are times and places where they are useful.

For instance you can't swear on a military radio.

So there I was...on point for our platoon.
( Luckily only a field exercise )
We had a new Lieutenant attempting to use his map and compass.....:eek:
I knew where to go and how to get there...however our fearless leader "knew" better and kept "correcting" my course.

After a bit of this...we got a radio call...the platoon is called to halt.
I am summoned to the radio...only to hear our pissed off 1st Sergeant ask if I knew where we were...
Of course I knew...which was my reply.
What about your Actual ? Was my 1st Sergeant's next question....
Well he is Lima , Lima , Alpha , Mike Foxtrot *, was my answer.
After a pause and a laugh , Put yer Actual back on was Top's reply.

A short conversation between the Lt. and our 1st Sergeant happened...then I was told by the Lt. that he needed to follow me and get us back to where we belong.
Andy

* Lima , Lima , Alpha , Mike , Foxtrot....
Lost Like A Mother Trucker ( insert a popular word that sounds like trucker )

:s0140: ROFLMAO ;)

To the OP - simple answer: yes, you are expecting too much. In the age of the ubiquitous text message, everyone - including me - has acronym fatigue. I mean since there are dozens of new ones weekly, people have just given up on even TRYING to figure them out. If I see an acronym other than "FYI" or similar, I just breeze right past it without a thought. Same as with people's idiotic vanity license plates.

Another way to look at acronyms among a diverse group of individuals is... if whatever point you are trying to make isn't important enough or worth your time to write it out and make yourself clearly understood by all... it certainly isn't important enough or worth my time to go look it up so I can understand you.:s0155:

Another way to look at acronyms among a diverse group of individuals is... if whatever point you are trying to make isn't important enough or worth your time to write it out and make yourself clearly understood by all... it certainly isn't important enough or worth my time to go look it up so I can understand you.:s0155:
TL;DR

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top